loong #756823 04/13/12 12:48 PM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Nobody is attacking you, Loong.

The only thing I see in the recent posts on this thread is that even if we don't agree with each other, we all have personal beliefs that should be respected. Everyone is different, and what may work for one person may not work for someone else. We each have to be true to ourselves. If we all come together in love and understanding here then we are all welcome to express our opinions and insights, even if others do not agree.

When we post we agree to be respectful of others and to be respectful even if we disagree with another's view. Your posts are always welcome.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Sponsored Post Advertisement
loong #756935 04/13/12 08:03 PM
L
loong Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
To Cassie,

Thank you.

Loong

loong #756939 04/13/12 08:57 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
Loong, please don't feel like that. Please keep posting. Some of us are just sensitive about how new or shy members may perceive their welcome here (due to past forum experiences). We don't want anyone to be afraid to post. Including you. smile

Personally I don't think you were recruiting. You are asking good questions. It just takes a while to get the balls rolling sometimes - this kind of communication is fraught with misunderstands sine we can't be face to face and see how kindly things might have been meant. smile

loong #756946 04/13/12 09:59 PM
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jilly and Cassie are exactly right. Every person is welcome, and every person's opinion should be respected and encouraged. So we should avoid statements such as "These are my sources. What are yours?" Opinions should not need sources. Every person should be able to state what they feel, for whatever reason they may feel it. All opinions should be equally valid and appreciated.

We do have a new Spirituality editor - Debbie Grejdus - and she is the one responsible for making fresh threads and guiding the discussion. Soon she will be through initial training and taking on that task. I'm sure we will have some wonderful discussions going forward!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
And just so you all know......Debbie Grejdus is my real name, so you know who I am already smile Thanks for the introduction, Lisa!

Debbie.....aka Cassie67

Last edited by Cassie67; 04/13/12 10:07 PM.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
loong #756955 04/13/12 11:42 PM
Debbie, a huge warm welcome to you as our new Spirituality editor. It is good to have you here. I so enjoy reading your posts.

Best wishes to you going forward.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
loong #756977 04/14/12 03:39 AM
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Loong, If you quit posting then one of us will be absent from expression. You know that this is not the answer. My Buddhist friends are some of the most rock-solid people that I know. They have love and understanding that goes beyond mine at times when I get a little too severe on myself. They have the ability to bring back a balance when things seem a little to flighty or confused.

For me, I had to learn how to express things in posting in more of a seeking or questioning mode. I found for myself that I am not an expert poster as some of the more seasoned people are on here and had to learn how to post in a beckoning method instead of a "telling" method. Does that make sense?? I like you have a strong personality. Because I am a Taurus the Bull I must examine the content of what I speak or write as so many others are of a profoundly gentler nature than I am and I will not offend them. We don't ever mean to offend, it is just the nature of a strong person to express themself in that manner. It takes practice and patience. You are a good friend Loong!! dave

Last edited by ancientflaxman; 04/14/12 03:41 AM.
loong #756986 04/14/12 08:43 AM
L
loong Offline OP
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
L
To Dave,
Thank you for your post.For the last 12 years ,i have been posting on various kinds of groups.You see I am used with pople that open up,discuss,tell whom they are.What they are,what their views are for real,like you said in your post .Here it seems that
everyone must be taken with velvet gloves.The last place I was for 6 to 7 years,was because the posts were getting heavy for gentle me.People do not know me .I am a gentle person trying to share his knowledge with others.But it does not work that way here.
Thank you for your loving kindness.
_/\_
loong
normand joly

loong #756990 04/14/12 09:09 AM
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Loong, If I may help with something here if you will allow me. I don't think that velvet gloves is the answer here either. These ladies are very deep thinkers and don't underestimate their ability to handle some down-right rough stuff in dealing with others on these spirituality sites. I think that we're all getting to know each other and that is paramount to communication. I feel that the reason we are low-key here is that in todays world we have enough pressure and division and we all need a place to come to relax in a trust with each other. Things can get heated yet we need to allow others to assist us when we might need some help.

The way that I feel is that I don't give a rip if my voice is heard here as much as just having a family of friends that I can count on when the chips are down. There are not a lot of places to go to today that is neutral ground for deeper expression.

You are most welcome here and we would certainly miss your input. Peace to you

loong #756991 04/14/12 09:14 AM
A
Parakeet
Parakeet
A
Debbie, Congrats on becoming the new editor!!!! As open as you are on the topic of spirituality you will be SO excellent here!!! dave

Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Debbie-SpiritualityEditor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Trailer for "Limbo" Starring Simon Baker
by Angie - 06/02/24 09:09 PM
Tennis Legend Roger Federer - New Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 06/01/24 11:03 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 06/01/24 04:09 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 06/01/24 08:53 AM
Bandana Essentials
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:26 PM
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.