Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Plenty of Walmarts still allow overnighting. I've personally stayed in at least 50--if not more--different Walmart parking lots (in my RV, not in my car) and I love it! Looking forward to your Walmart write-up Jill. smile

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Nice book review, by the way! Makes me want to read it, it's got a nice price. Now, if I just had a Kindle... smile

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks, Erin. Do you have a walmart write up? We should both do that and link to each other. smile

PS - You can download the kindle app for free on your desktop or laptop computer. i use my iphone as a kindle with the free app. No one ever has to actually buy a kindle to read ebooks. smile

Also, the dude is selling the book in paper form as well. I guess I should make a note of that in the article.

Gecko
Gecko
The movie about the girl living in the Wal-Mart - are you thinking of "Where The Heart Is"? It starred Natalie Portman and she gave birth in the Wal-Mart where she was camping out?

Tiger
Tiger
How safe is it to stay overnight in a Walmart parking lot?

Not to be funny at all, but I used to work as a cashier for one in Orlando, Florida and the cameras in their parking lot was NEVER on (lol).

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Angela, Walmart is safe enough for overnighting if you are smart about it. There is a level of patrolling done usually by both security details and the police. Ones that are open 24 hours have in and out traffic with less potential for crime. You will want to park with your door (if in an RV)facing the store front, for more visibility. Lock your windows and doors (or just crack the windows). And if something feels "off" follow your instincts and get out. smile

Not all Wallies allow for overnighting - there are websites that track which ones are legal and which ones will give you trouble.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jeanne, yes, that is the movie. I like how she used it as a home - sleeping bags, tents, clothes, workout machines, food. smile It's a neat idea to think about.

Tiger
Tiger
I guess I am skeptical because I worked as a cashier for them years ago and saw too much. I tell folks not to look for them to be safe. So many women have gotten raped right there in the parking lot, broad daylight and when the cops ask for the security tape - there was none. I worked for them 2 years and would always check out the parking lot before stepping out. Just be aware of the fact that alot of Walmarts do not have real security. Oh, you will find this funny. One night the security guard's personal car got broken into and they took his expensive stereo system. And guess where his very expensive car was parked? Yep, right in front of a security camera(lol) which was not being monitored. Anyway, thanks for the tips Jilly wink

Originally Posted By: Jilly
Angela, Walmart is safe enough for overnighting if you are smart about it. There is a level of patrolling done usually by both security details and the police. Ones that are open 24 hours have in and out traffic with less potential for crime. You will want to park with your door (if in an RV)facing the store front, for more visibility. Lock your windows and doors (or just crack the windows). And if something feels "off" follow your instincts and get out. smile

Not all Wallies allow for overnighting - there are websites that track which ones are legal and which ones will give you trouble.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
jeez Angela! it sounds like it's very unsafe at that Walmart. frown

I've used Walmart with ease in many places. I also use a lot of truck stops. I actually feel safer with all those trucks around me, even though it can be loud.

Tiger
Tiger
LOL, the truck stop sounds like an excellent option for me = I never worked at one smile

Originally Posted By: Jilly
jeez Angela! it sounds like it's very unsafe at that Walmart. frown

I've used Walmart with ease in many places. I also use a lot of truck stops. I actually feel safer with all those trucks around me, even though it can be loud.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/13/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/13/24 06:20 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/11/24 04:36 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.