logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
J
J
I know how you feel. I started hurting in November and the pain got so bad, I was missing work and not able to walk. Blood is collecting each month in my uterus and the scar tissue will not let it come out. I also had a cyst on my ovary. i am having a Hystrectomy 03/17/09. I know I will feel better, but I just hate to go through the process.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
B
I am in the same EXACT same boat as you. I am hoping that new dr 3/11 will give me some kind of insight. Hope your appt. goes well.

nhtwin1 #501874 03/12/09 01:42 AM
I
I
I had the novasure procedure four months ago. I have to say that I don't understand if my hormones won't shut off, why any procedure short of removing my womb would make a difference? But a girl can hope... so I had it done and it didn't work. 6 yrs ago I had a laser ablation which also didn't work. I really hoped Novasure would be different, but it wasn't. I'm not bleeding as heavily as I was prior to the procedure, but I'm bleeding nonstop with no end in sight. I'm not anemic which is good, but it has definitely affected my intimacy with my husband which is not good. Some days I'm experiencing no flow at night but as soon as I get up and gravity takes over, it starts again. Sometimes, it's just pink discharge and other times it's clots and gunk. I'm hating this! But, I don't want a hysto, so I'm now trying a natural remedy which claims it can normalize my cycle within a month. I bought it.. and have spent about a week and a half taking the extract in a little bit of water and yes, my bleeding is much lighter, but still causing me grief! I have an annual exam appt. coming up with the doctor who did the procedure so I will tell her it didn't work, but not sure what to do next! What really sucks is that I can be the one in ten women it doesn't work for, but I can't win the state lottery... go figure! I feel like my womb and I are at war and I'm hating it. I only have maybe three - five years to deal with this problem before menopause sets in so am trying to avoid the hysto, but not liking it right now! maureen

B
B
Don't feel like you are the only one. I 'm in same boat(see prior postings). I went to new dr today and he said 30-50% of patients it didn't work for them. I had fibroids and one was probably fried w/ every thing else and that is why i MIGHT be still discharging/bleeding daily until my body recovers. MORE testing needed, go figure. He also said even though they say 4-6wks it can take up to 6-8mos. Some a year(are you kidding me). He asked if I was interested in hysto. and taking some out,not all and that it was probably a better option to having the nova done again.(YA, and donkeys fly) Dr also suggested birth control to help????? I'm high risk, but he said they have something for high riskers. So its wait for the tests and think about what to do next. My cyle is still the same. keep track and I bet there is a pattern(even though the bleeding/discharge is daily). My husband is extremely frustrated also. Let me know if the natural stuff works. My(all natural)friend recommends red clover tea to help w/ periods. Have a great night

C
C
I can tell you my experience over the last week and it is not pretty. I had the Novasure procedure done almost a year ago. I quit having major cramps, but bled every single day over the last year except for maybe a week's worth of days total! Although the cramps were gone, I had major bleeding and minor bleeding, spotting, and also excessive bleeding after sex. Sometimes the major bleeding would start without warning-which is really embarassing! Anyway, a week ago I woke up with some horrific cramps which was very umusual, and some heavy bleeding which caused me to think that oh no, cramps are back! So, I took some tylenol and layed down to wait for them to work, which they did. I got up and went out and mowed the yard, etc, cooked supper, as the cramps were gone. Then about ten o'clock that night the cramps started again, and this time I had bleeding that can only be described as horrific! Giant clots startinng the ordeal, and soaking through a giant overnight pad in less than 20 minutes. This continued non-stop through the night, and it was so bad I couldn't keep up with the gushing blood. I got dizzy, started sweating, and then I layed down thinking I should call and ambulance. I fainted and did not get to the phone (I live alone). This was around 6 am. Around 7:30 am I woke and though surprised that I did wake up- the bleeding had somewhat slowed down. I called my OB/GYN and naturally had trouble getting through to actually tell her my ordeal, so I just called a friend to take me to emergency room. There I was stabilized and taken care of-had a shot of Medroxyprogesterone and emergency room dr. made an appointment to see OB/GYN the following morning. During his brief exam, he said that there was a large fibroid that was loose, and he did attempt to pull it out-ouch-it was still connected. My red blood count was very low and I had severe anemia-he scheduled a DaVinci laproscopic hysterectomy to happen in three days. Of course, the recovery time is longer than the Novasure-I am four days into the recovery time now, and it is amazing! Of course I am sore and it hurts-but I can rest assured that I am not going to bleed any more! I just wish I had gone this route last year-with insurance, etc, I ended up paying almost $3,000 out of my pocket for the Novasure-and this hysterectomy is same price. I would never recommend the Novasure as a solution to anyone. My hysterectomy left me with both ovaries-as the Dr would say-he took my playpen but left me my toys! I am 50 years old and single-the laproscopic hysterectomy left me with four very small incisions. Please-to all of you considering a Novasure ablation-just go for the DaVinci laprosocpic hysterectomy-you know-I could have bled to death! If your dr doesn't do this robotic method of hysterectomy-find one that does and go for it!

nhtwin1 #600037 05/12/10 12:30 PM
M
M
Hi I am new to the site..I had the Novasure procedure on 4/22/10. At first I was loving it I had little to no pain after the procedure. I bleed for three days lightly. Then I had a yellow discharfe that turbed dark brown with an odor in the third week It wukk be 4 weeks tomorrow and on Sunday of this week I started bright red blood at first it was not on the pad only when I wiped npw it is dat four and it is showing on pad. I was wondering how long this is suppose to go on for. I am ready for this to go away. I was told by my dr that after 4 weeks there should be nothing is this correct? I am getting concerned now about it.

A
A
i had the novasure back in may of 2011 first 3 months i bleed everyday went back to dr and he said it was normal and that i had to give the novasure time to work so i left it alone now im going back today in december 2011 to demand he do something cause my pain is back worse than ever i now bleed 2 weeks a month and every month i start 3-5 days early i clot horribly and to top it all off i find out that my dr is leaving in 2 weeks and will no longer be in the country so now i have to start seeing a totally different dr that knows nothing about me or my symptoms i wish i would of never had the novasure im worse off now than i was

Page 8 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  Dr. Denise- Gynecology 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/08/24 07:45 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.