logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 29 of 32 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Brenda, congratulations on your weight loss! That is awesome, girl! *clapping* I have been trying to stay on track, but I did have some carmel popcorn over the weekend. Thankfully it's gone now, so it can't keep haunting my thoughts! laugh

I wish we got some spring rain, but it's very rare for us to get it now. We have a very short rainy season, which is another reason I'd like to move. Not nearly as much rain as I'd like to see falls here. We always seem to be in a perpetual drought!

So what are your plans for Mother's Day? I don't know what we're doing yet. My dad seems a little miffed at me because I didn't plan something for my mom, but he's the one who told me not to include the whole family, so I really don't know what he wanted me to do. I got her a present and a card. I'm still waiting to see what she wants to do. Either eat here at home or go out.

Laura, what are you doing today, too? Are the kids doing something special for you? I hope you have a wonderful time with your family.

Lynne, I hope you had a wonderful time with your family, too, today.

Talk to you all later on! smile

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Good morning ladies. smile

How was everyone's Mother's Day? We did nothing special at all. We ended up staying home and making sweet & sour chicken for dinner. After my dad got miffed at me, it sort of ruined everything. We originally planned to go out to dinner, but he didn't want to include my sister or her daughter, and my mom said that that wasn't fair, which is the truth! So we just didn't go out at all. Instead, we ended up making something he'd been asking for for a while. I really do hate turmoil! Thankfully, it's all over now.

My daughter has been after me to help her do something different to her hair. She wanted to go lighter and when we were at the store, she showed me exactly how light she wanted to go! shocked No way! The word, "Bimbo" immediately came to my mind and I said no dice! I did say that if she wanted to go a little darker than her own color, I would go for that. So she chose dark brown. I put the color on her Saturday before she went to her friend's house and you know what? It really does look pretty on her. It makes her blue eyes pop and she's pleased with it. I told her this way, you won't even been able to see it when her roots start growing out because it will blend in so much better. She was so excited to get to school early so she could show the rest of her friends. laugh

Well, I've got laundry to do today and I really should clean in my room. I hope you all are having a nice Monday!

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Good morning, friends.

I was OP yesterday. After the extremely overindulgent weekend I had, I need to stay OP for awhile. I ate way too much. frown

Overall though, I had a nice Mother's Day. DD made me a card and she picked out my gifts, which was really, really nice since DH has such awful taste. LOL Hey, it's the truth.

Janis, why didn't your dad want your sister with you guys? Typical family drama stuff? I think we have all been there... more times than we can count.

Hayley's hair sounds cute. I am not a big fan of the 'really blond' look either. I'm also not a big fan of the gray I'm now sporting around. You'd think that would inspire me to get up and do something about it. I'm lazy about stuff like that. I wait until it hits 'crisis' mode. LOL

My turn to teach SS this week. And we just have one more book night in Awana. It will be nice to have the summer off!!! I love it, but I love it when it's over too. smile

AI tonight! Can't wait! Based on the way the judges are acting, they should rename the show "Adam and the Idols". Grrrr. LOL

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
*waves*

There's an echo in here! laugh

I've got to get a blood test this morning and then I'm heading to Bible study. This is our last group lesson for the year and next Tuesday will be our final fellowship luncheon. I was asked by my Bible study leader to join a Beth Moore Bible study in June, which would go for 11 weeks. I'm still debating about that. I have always wanted to do a Beth Moore study, but I also know how I am during the summer. I'll have to think about it.

Well, I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down 25 from my all time high. Now that tom is here by a few days, my appetite has gone back down. Thank goodness! I always get so ravenous the week before it starts. This time, I was able to keep things in hand. I'm proud of myself as I could seriously undo 3 weeks worth of being good in just that one week. Not bad for this old girl. laugh

Gotta go get my girl to school!

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Brenda, you snuck in while I was posting! laugh While I, too, ate more than I should have over the weekend, it was still less than most other weekends I've been accustomed to.

My dad doesn't have a problem with my sister at all, but it's her daughter than he really has the problem with, so much so, I guess, that he would actually exclude my sister, which I think is pretty darn sad. My niece is 28 years old, doesn't work, sits around the house that my parents bought for my sister and she's basically destroyed the house. She's let free loaders come and live there. They've robbed my sister of a lot of stuff, of course, none of which my niece ever saw. *rolls eyes* She has this male cat that she refused to get fixed and the cat has sprayed all over that house to the point that you can smell cat pee reeking out of the house before you even get up the front steps. Basically, the house would almost have to be gutted in order to sell it, so she's basically ruined a $300,000 dollar house. My dad is very resentful of her, which I can understand. But my sister shouldn't have to suffer because of that. I guess he figured that if Jackie went out to dinner with us, Julie would have to come as well, and he refuses to spend a dime on her.

The sad thing about it is that my niece is an artist. She is very talented and could use that God given talent in so many ways, but she chooses to just smoke pot and waste her life away. It's pretty sad. frown

Brenda, I started coloring my hair when I was 38 years old. I didn't have a lot of grey then...only on my right side towards the front...but I guess vanity got in the way. laugh I still have relatively no grey hair on my left side, which is odd. One of my friends is very jealous because I can go 7 weeks before I need a touch up and she needs to go every 3 to 4 weeks because she is very grey now and she's only a year older than me. My mom was premature grey and so was my sister. I guess I'm getting my this from my dad's sit of the family. Even my grama when she was in her 80's still had a lot of dark hair on her head, mixed in with some white. Strange, huh? Hopefully, that'll be me! laugh

Well, I've got to get going now.

Laura, you need to check in! How's everything going?

Lynne, how are you doing today? smile

L
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Brenda, CONGRATULATIONS on your weight loss!!! WOO HOO!!! Now send me some of that motivation will ya? smile

Janis, have you checked your email lately? I sent you an email and when it wasn't answered after a few days, resent it. Did you see it?

Tom just started so I am feeling BLAH.

LKBF #520350 05/12/09 03:55 PM
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Laura, sorry...I haven't been in my email in days! I'll go take a look now. wink Hope you're feeling better soon. I'm into day 3 now, so the worst is over for me. I just think it's absolutely ridiculous that a 47 year old woman should still be having cramps as bad as I did when I was in my 20's. What a cruel, cruel joke!

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Good morning ladies!

I've got some running around to do this morning and then cleaning to do. Joy!!! I hope you all are having a nice day! smile

G
Amoeba
Amoeba
G
Hi guys.

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to keep this post short since I'm typing on the laptop. I can't type to save my life on this thing.

I was OP yesterday.

Janis, I remember now... this is the niece that messes up our beautiful pool. Very not cool.

You'll be happy to know that I finally broke down and colored my hair this morning. Janis, I'm jealous of your hair. smile My grey comes in all around my face... and just frames it so beautifully. NOT.

I am in awe of your loss! Janis, I know you've said before that you stall out at around a 30 pound loss. But I want you to listen to me... you can do this. Just a little bit at a time, friend. Let's do it together. Shake on it?

Laura, are you feeling better today. I miss it when you don't come out and play with us. *hugs*

Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
Brenda...*shake*. You know, for years and years, I've prayed and cried out to God to help me. Nothing ever happened. Nothing ever changed. I remained addicted to food...craving food...thinking about food. After this lastest health scare, it feels as if a switch has been flipped on inside of me. And I know Who flipped that switch on. God did. Something happened...something changed inside of me. I don't know what it is, but I know that it has to be the hand of God who's done it. Never have I ever lasted this long on a "diet" and I hate to even call it that because that's not how it feels to me. I'm still eating exactly what I want, only I'm eating less. I stepped on the scale this morning and I'm down again. I decided not to step on the scale again until maybe next Monday. I'm not going to judge myself by what the scale is saying. I'm not doing this because of the scale. I am resolved to live healthier and this "feels" permanante. Something is different and I can't put my finger on it, but God has done a work in me that is playing out right now in my life. The fact that He's also doing a work in Rick's life seems to help me realize how very much He cares about where my heart longs to be.

Anyway, yesterday, I had a banana for breakfast, 2 taco's for lunch, and then a small baked potato, coleslaw and some pulled pork with bbq sauce for dinner...and that was that. Today, I've had my morning banana, but I haven't thought about what I'll have for lunch. I'm heading to the store, so I might pick up some garlic herb chicken breast from the deli and make myself a sandwich on my high fiber/low calorie bread. I praise and give God all the glory for this change in me. This is truly His doing. He is ever faithful. And His timing is always perfect.

Page 29 of 32 1 2 27 28 29 30 31 32

Moderated by  Lynne - ChristianLiving 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.