logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Lady J #377789 02/20/08 02:56 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Jase you've come a long way, lots of luck n good things in your life will come. keep up your positive thinking.

Rosie L
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Lady J #377795 02/20/08 02:59 PM
Elephant
Elephant
I love the loud and proud comment. I have many a friend who out loud and proud.. even my bigger ones ;0)

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
Lady J #387998 03/06/08 01:04 AM
Shark
Shark
Of course lesbians are fat..lol..
They don't feel the pressure of spending thousands upon thousands of dollars for implants, but lifts, tummy tucks, and liposuction, to try to keep the attention of middle aged men with wandering eyes.
(jk)
Anyway, I really believe that when people are comfortable in their relationships, they gain weight with their partner and don't feel threatened. Insecure people are always trying to fix their insides by surgically altering the outside.

When my husband and I got together, (my second marriage) we put on about 20 pounds. Twenty pounds of pure love that comes from living and enjoying life without fearing that if we don't "look" a certain way one of us is going to run off with someone else.

I mean, yes, it's good to be healthy, but I think when two people are truly in love, they feel more comfortable putting on weight around each other, and knowing that they are accepted for who they are, no matter what they look like at the moment.
Beauty is fleeting and weight, well, can be here today and gone tomorrow...it's what's on the inside that makes a relationship last...

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
That's a fascinating way to look at it. I'm sure we could find examples to support any point of view in this debate since we're talking about general trends and individuals are always doing their own unique thing.

In my circle, for example, the couples who are really happy are the ones who are fit together. Not because they "need to prove the love" or anything but because they actually really like doing things together - going for walks, going biking, going skiing, etc. They like to have fun together. They are in shape not because of some strange magazine fetish but because they really enjoy life.

The couples I know who are overweight are the ones who tend not to do anything - who sit watching TV which isn't really an "interactive activity". They also tend to be less engaged as a couple compared with the ones who are out "having fun together".

To make an analogy to your comment, the women who are out having fun aren't putting on makeup or doing up their hair. So they aren't 'worried about looks" which is what you are saying. But they do have an interest in doing active fun things with their partner because they truly enjoy his company. So that's a different motivation.

So that's the experience I have.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
S
S
well theres one thing for sure, im a lesbian and im no where near fat!

silva #461025 10/20/08 08:50 AM
Hi silva, welcome to the forum, hope that you enjoy your stay!
Rosie

Rosie L
S
S
Huh. I'm thin, and I'm a lesbian. I have to admit, though, most of the lesbians I know are overweight. I never thought it was a gay thing, just more of a Wisconsin thing. One thing I think is true is that women don't hold other women to the same sort of standards that many (not all) men hold women to in the looks/weight department. I'm gonna think on this one some more.

saga61 #469809 11/20/08 12:17 AM
B
Gecko
Gecko
B
Sigh. Hello, forum. I'm Barbara, I'm a lesbian, and I'm pretty sure that I'd be considered "fat." I'm 5'8" and about 225 pounds. I'm also completely hot, so there you are. smile

Barbara Sharpe

Elephant
Elephant
Its all about being comfortable in your skin

J. Ruel - Gay Lesbian News Editor

Check out the latest article on the Gay Lesbian SITE or Join us in the FORUM

Questions? Comments? Story Ideas? SUBMIT THEM HERE

Former Editor of the HIV/AIDS, HAIR, HISPANIC CULTURE, and GAY LESBIAN RELATIONSHIPS sites here on BellaOnline!
M o e #478077 12/22/08 08:49 AM
S
S
I know with my friends my straight girlfriends are always dieting or if they're not dieting they're always saying they should be and are, overall, very weight conscious. My lesbian friends aren't at all. Weight seems to be so much less of an issue for them. Maybe thats because I'm on a small Irish scene where everyone knows everyone else so appearance is less of an issue, I dono. But either way, most of my two groups of friends would be "somewhere in between" and neither skinny or fat. Maybe because we're less concerned with staying skinny, and therefore we're more happy to report being fat?

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Bandana Essentials
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:10 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:06 PM
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.