Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
A
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
A
Hi TrishInNC

I'm in NC too, and was getting ready to post the mountains or the ocean too, lol! That's why I LOVE living here.

The Biltmore Estate is a wonderful place as well, and located in Asheville, NC.

Anyway, just wanted to say hi from someone else in NC!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
S
S
Originally Posted By: TrishInNC
We *are* going to Busch Gardens Williamsburg this year. One of our summer learning projects is going to be a book report and "field trip" to Colonial Williamsburg. My husband and I are planning to spend all day there and say, "it's too far to drive tonight, let's just stay over" and surprise the kiddo with Busch Gardens the next day. We're military, so it's a free day once a year.

That sounds great! What a nice surprise! I love that Busch Gardens Williamsburg does "Here's to the Hero's" it is such a nice treat! Do you go every year? I went on Friday and had a great time. The atmosphere at the park is really nice and the rides are so much fun! We had lunch at Das Festhaus - the food was really good and there was a fun Oktoberfest show there! I recommend it! Have so much fun! When are you going?

Parakeet
Parakeet
Lake of the Ozarks Missouri

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

If you want to know what God thinks of money, just look at the people he gave it to.
Dorothy Parker
J
J
Colorado Springs Colorado:
Home to the US Olympic Training Center, Pikes Peak, the United States Air Force Academy, Royal gorge (close by), Garden of the Gods, to name a few. There are wine trails near by you could travel, sample wine, buy wine, relax with a bottle, - get the idea?

S
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
S
Mackinaw Island or the UP or any one of the Great Lakes.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Wow, thanks Trish - that was tons of info! I'll pass it all on to my daughter! Glad to hear from someone who grew up there! Last I heard, she hired a bike and they all went bike-trailing there! She's loving it so far.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
I live in D.C so a week might be too much time, but several days are fine.
DC's a great budget vacation because all of the Smithsonian Museums are free. In addition, the Kennedy Center offers free concerts and activities for adults and children (along with its ticketed performances.)
Many of the museums offer special actitivites that are not expensive but give you a new take on a subject.
In my Adventure Living column this week, I talk about completing a spy mission at D.C.'s International Spy Museum.
Lots of fun!

Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
Award-winning travel journalist
Follow her at familyitrips
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
I took my kids to the Spy museum this summer and it was really fun. I agree there's lots to see and do in DC and I love it there. Even tho the museums are free tho, I found the lodging and food to be pretty expensive compared to some other places we've visited.

C
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
C
HI
The Spy Museum is great. Did you do the Operation Spy program?
It's open to kids and adults.
I write about my experience with the program (and the museum) in one of my Adventure Living columns.

Best,
Candyce

Candyce H. Stapen
Adventure Living Website
Adventure Living Forum
Award-winning travel journalist
Follow her at familyitrips
www.gfvac.com
www.familyitrips.com

Washington State:

I would go to the San Juan Islands. I've actually never been there before and it looks so beautiful in pictures!

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.