logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
Amoeba
Amoeba
What's sad is that a LOT of people think this is a great topic of converstation. If more people had the decency of you folks, it would be a non-issue.

I would assume that when someone says they are "trying" that they are on fertility drugs. I mean if you are just having sex, I don't think that's noteworthy. If you are worried about an expensive medical procedure, that's another thing.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I get grossed out by it also. Especially when people tell their parents that they are trying to have a baby. Why not just try in your own private time and then just let people know the news once you're pregnant. I do not need/want to know the details.

C
Shark
Shark
C
Originally Posted By: lngilbert
One thing that has always grossed me out is the knowledge that once I was married, my parents KNEW I was having sex.

I don't want people to know. Call me prude, I don't care. I think that kind of stuff should be kept private.

Oh Ingilbert...I am right there with you on the parents KNOWING once I got married. When we left the wedding reception was the worst...My dad looked at us telling us farewell....I knew he KNEW what we were getting ready to go do. And then there was the time that my mom tells me not to flush condoms down the toilet because it is not good for the septic tank....I think I just sat there with my mouth hanging open or something...not really sure! AWKWARD is all I have to say about that.

I am totally with the rest of you...I hate it when someone tells me that they are "trying." I do not need to know about their sex life. Sex is "intimate" for a reason like Duane said. You don't go broadcasting it to everyone you know...at least I don't.

And I am like Ingilbert...I don't want anyone to know either...I am just old fashioned like that smile

How can you prove whether at this moment we are sleeping, and all our thoughts are a dream; or whether we are awake, and talking to one another in the waking state?
-- Plato --
CF_GAL #401359 03/31/08 11:51 PM
M
M
I would love to say something really naughty in response to people like that but my jiminey cricket says I can't ^_^ damn conscience. Still, I kind of mentally think it for a giggle.

(what I'd like to say)

breeders to be : Guess what! We're trying for a baby! isn't that great!

Me: Guess what! I'm [censored] too! Except I'm using birth control! Isn't that just wonderful news to share with everyone! ^_^

breeders to be:.............0_0......*blink*

Last edited by meam; 03/31/08 11:52 PM.
L
lua Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Seriously TMI. I don't want to know that stuff, either. Its just as bad as "we are pregnant."

lua #401379 04/01/08 12:53 AM
C
Gecko
Gecko
C
LOL @ meam!

That's kinda like what I said. How sad they have to try when we succeed every time. wink

"The world might be considerably poorer if the great writers had exchanged their books for children of flesh and blood." ~Virginia Woolfe
L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
Originally Posted By: KinderFrei
Ewww...that grosses me out too. Another thing that grosses me out is when people tell you their date of conception. Some acquaintances of ours just told us they were pregnant and they both excitedly said "our date of conception was xx". So of course my DH and I both said later that you can't help but immediately envision what was happening on that particular date for those two. Totally not a visual we wanted to see! And even worse, as pinecone hilariously pointed out, this couple is not very attractive either!

I just have to point this out but how much sex are you actually having if you know the exact date of conception? I have a friend who knew exactly but I can tell you I didn't know other then to say sometime during that month, not that I shared this information with people at large. People always ask when your due, I kind of thought that was enough information.

L
Gecko
Gecko
L
Originally Posted By: lngilbert
One thing that has always grossed me out is the knowledge that once I was married, my parents KNEW I was having sex.

I don't want people to know. Call me prude, I don't care. I think that kind of stuff should be kept private.

Oh yeah - that grossed me out too! I've always considered that area of my life to be private. And yeah, I do qualify as a prude...I was raised in part by a very Victorian Granny and one simply did not discuss intimate parts of the female anatomy or exhibit them for any reason. Granny considered one's legs to be an intimate part.

Llyn - Spinning Editor
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Llyn #401404 04/01/08 04:33 AM
M
M
I think it's gross too. I was once talking with a group of women at work and one of them said she and her husband were "trying" and immediately a bunch of the other women started giving tips on how to be successful. Let's just say I left really quickly.

L
Parakeet
Parakeet
L
I think sometimes couples stop having interesting sex AND then they decide to have children.

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/09/24 08:32 AM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.