logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Koala
Koala
LOL bible play on words in a sports forum!!! lol I LOVE IT!!!!

I think your all wrong Vince and the WWE writers aint that smart!!! but it makes for a great debate so please continue...
this is fun!!!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
I don't think the WWE is up for doing any promos that are overtly religious in any way. And thank GOD for that! There is nothing worse than any form of media trying to push religious [censored] down people's throats.
As I have stated before, the whole "Save us" thing has to do with Jericho saveing the WWE's ratings by his presence. That was kind of his schtick when he first came to the WWE from WCW, so this is just an updated version of that.
Though I do recognize that before he left, he was clearly experience burn out. It was sad to see him playing that glorified jobber role just to put everybody else over. I hate when the WWE does that. It makes wrestling predictable again like it was in the 80s, and kind of insults the wrestling fan's intelligence.
I don't care about what extent he comes back, it will be good to see him back. He's one of the few that you can rely one that can perform in the ring and on the mic as either a face or heel convincingly and with great talent. And out of all the wrestlers that were interview on major news networks with regards to the Benoit case, he was clearly the most intelligent, articulate, made the most sense, and carried himself extremely well. I sure that the WWE really appreciated that, and that's one of the reason's WWE is willing to give him such a big deal to bring him back.

Last edited by forcegx7; 10/13/07 10:16 AM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I think it is funny that the first promo was Save_Us222 and the following one was Savior_self or Save Yourself. save us... save yourself... it is all pretty clever.

Promos that are not overtly religious? Didn't Vince wrestle God last year?

So who do you think that Jericho will feud with when he comes back? I am betting it is going to be MR. A$$CLOWN....A$$CLOWN.

Anyone want to guess who I am talking about? lol.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
Originally Posted By: forcegx7
I don't think the WWE is up for doing any promos that are overtly religious in any way. And thank GOD for that! There is nothing worse than any form of media trying to push religious [censored] down people's throats.
As I have stated before, the whole "Save us" thing has to do with Jericho saveing the WWE's ratings by his presence. That was kind of his schtick when he first came to the WWE from WCW, so this is just an updated version of that.
Though I do recognize that before he left, he was clearly experience burn out. It was sad to see him playing that glorified jobber role just to put everybody else over. I hate when the WWE does that. It makes wrestling predictable again like it was in the 80s, and kind of insults the wrestling fan's intelligence.
I don't care about what extent he comes back, it will be good to see him back. He's one of the few that you can rely one that can perform in the ring and on the mic as either a face or heel convincingly and with great talent. And out of all the wrestlers that were interview on major news networks with regards to the Benoit case, he was clearly the most intelligent, articulate, made the most sense, and carried himself extremely well. I sure that the WWE really appreciated that, and that's one of the reason's WWE is willing to give him such a big deal to bring him back.

Yes, I can't stand media doing that, or insecure, dimwits who feel the urge to bash other peoples beliefs because they believe otherwise.

It could be something as simple as ratings, or maybe...just maybe we could hope for an angle with depth & imagination...imagine that.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
An angle with depth and imagination? Gosh, that would be good.

Talk about an Utopia.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
D
DPu Offline
Shark
Shark
D
Ha, it reminds me of a story Raven once told about gerwitz wanting to turn Hurricane heel by him giving Trish a note & Trish saying, she just liked him as a friend.

F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
Ah, so they played the Jericho promo during Santino Marella's bit on RAW tonight.
Santino makes a good heel for somebody you just came onto the scene recently.

V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
Jericho just did an interview with the Edmonton Sun and said his return to wrestling will "not be tomorrow but it will be sooner than ten years"

He says that he is going to be very busy over the next four weeks promoting his book.

He also said that he had not planned on returning at all until he started to write the book.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
F
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
F
I'm guessing that between his busy schedule, he is also spending time training to get out any ring rust he may have. That's a great idea. That would suck if he became injured just after his return. Maybe he should hold off his return until the next Wrestlemania...that would give him ample time

Last edited by forcegx7; 10/24/07 09:48 AM.
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
It would but you would hope he would be back before that so he could be in Wrestlemania. Maybe the Royal Rumble?

So, if he isnt coming back right now, and I am not saying that he isn't, but, if the coded messages arent for hi, HBK or Cyber Sunday, who could it be for? Stone Cold?

The religious references in the messages could be for the religious connotation to Austin 3:16?

I don't know. I guess we will just have to wait and see.

Vance Rowe
Crime Editor
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.