BellaOnline
Posted By: forcegx7 Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 09/21/07 04:06 PM
I read the following blurb on wikipedia:

"It has been reported that Chris Jericho has been in close contact with the WWE ever since he appeared on Larry King Live. He has said that he is open on making a return and in September 2007, WWE offered him a huge deal."

The month of September is almost over.
Does anybody know or have anymore information about this?
Is he going to wrestle a full schedule again?

Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 09/21/07 04:13 PM
Well, you have to take everything on Wikipedia w/ a grain of salt. Anyone can get up there & post whatever they want. I personally haven't heard anything about him coming back, but it would be interesting to see how he would play today. It sucks as I don't want to see him wasted in wwe & I don't want him in tna...so I'm a tad lost.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 09/21/07 07:42 PM
He just had a book published and will be touring to promote the book. He may appear on WWE temporarily to promote his book like Bischoff did. But other than that there are no plans for him to come back to wrestling anytime soon for full time.

TNA has used music from Fozzy recently too which is Jericho's band but as I said he will be touring to promote his book right through November.

Here is his schedule:

Thursday, October 25 - Tampa, Fla. - Barnes and Noble - 7pm

Friday, October 26 - Lake Buena Vista, Fla. - Virgin Megastore - Orlando - 7pm

Saturday, October 27- St. Petersburg, Fla. - St. Petersburg Book Festival - 2:15pm

Sunday, October 28 - Fort Bragg, N.C. - XVIII Airborne Corps & Fort Bragg Base - 12pm

Thursday, November 1 - Boston - Boston University Bookstore - 4pm

Friday, November 2 - New York City, N.Y. - Borders (100 Broadway) - 12:30pm

Saturday, November 3 - Bridgewater, N.J. - Borders - 2pm

Saturday, November 3 - Ridgewood, N.J. - Bookends - 7pm

Sunday, November 4 - Toms River, N.J. - Ocean County Library - 2pm

Tuesday, November 6 - Fort Hood, Tex. - Fort Hood Base - 12 pm

Wednesday, November 7 - Torrance, Calif. - Borders - 7pm

Thursday, November 8 - West Hollywood, Calif. - Booksoup - 7pm

Friday, November 9 - Redmond, Wash. - Borders - 7pm

Saturday, November 10 - McChord AFB, Wash. - Fort McChord Air Force Base - 10:30am

Saturday, November 10 - Fort Lewis, Wash. - Fort Lewis Base - 1pm

Sunday, November 11 - Lake Forest Park, Wash. - Third Place Books - 5:30pm

Wednesday, November 14-Toronto, Ont. - Indigo Books - 7pm

Thursday, November 15-Winnipeg, Manitoba - No bookstore or time has been given for this date yet.

Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 09/25/07 03:08 AM
I just finished watching RAW and just before the last commercial break before the last match, they showed an updated Jericho/Y2J countdown promo.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/02/07 01:48 AM
TNAWrestlingNews.com confirms that Chris Jericho has picked WWE over TNA for his return to the ring, and that Y2J is likely to return to WWE on 10/7 at the No Mercy PPV. Jericho was in talks with both WWE and TNA, but ultimately opted to mark his return with World Wrestling Entertainment.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/02/07 12:20 PM
If Jericho returns, it will only be a temporary thing. Remember he is promoting a book now and will be touring with it all over the country.

The video on Raw last night, 10/1, about the surprise return of a superstar was more about HBK. It showed 8,2,11 alot and H is 8th letter in alphabet, B is the second and K is the 11th. It showed the word grand slam and HBK was the first Grand Slam champion.
Plus it mentioned the word savior which may have something to do with HBK being a Christian.

Posted By: freespirit Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/02/07 06:20 PM
I like HBK!!! even in DX and i dont really like HHH his too....stuck on hisself? something...
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/03/07 11:37 AM
Originally Posted By: WrestlingEditorVance
If Jericho returns, it will only be a temporary thing. Remember he is promoting a book now and will be touring with it all over the country.

The video on Raw last night, 10/1, about the surprise return of a superstar was more about HBK. It showed 8,2,11 alot and H is 8th letter in alphabet, B is the second and K is the 11th. It showed the word grand slam and HBK was the first Grand Slam champion.
Plus it mentioned the word savior which may have something to do with HBK being a Christian.

That's not what this article says...

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/03/07 01:37 PM
You cannot goby everything on the web. The web was a buzz a couple of months ago with the return of the Rock for a few months that was supposed to begin last month and the same with Stone Cold. He was supposed to return as well until the next Wrestlemania but neither of them have returned yet.

I hope Jericho comes back and I hope he stays for a while but I am not going to get excited until it happens and if he does, I bet he will be promoting his book a lot, which is good for him.

Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/09/07 03:14 AM
Originally Posted By: WrestlingEditorVance

See? I told you that you cannot believe everything you see on the web. For those of you who didn't watch Raw last night, HBK made his return to the show at the end and nailed Orton with his "Sweet Chin Music" superkick.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/09/07 11:55 AM
The promo continuously flashes "Save_us.222" and has nothing to do with HBK. Watch, you will continue to see this promo again on Smackdown and RAW.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/10/07 02:46 AM
Well HBK is back and what does save_us 222 have to do with Jericho?
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/10/07 02:57 AM
the symbols @@@ are on Jericho's website hidden above "quick news" and the key is 2 where the symbols are so three of them mean 222 but save us doesnt fit and at one time he also had "tna" hidden on his site too and you see what that got.

Now I am not saying Jericho wont be back but he will be promoting his book and he will be gone before or just after Wrestlemania if he lasts that long.

That is my prediction
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/10/07 07:56 PM
I fully expect Jericho to have the same "on and off" schedule like Mick Foley does.
They wouldn't do a promo like that for HBK. He's been gone, but not that long and gone due to injury. Everybody knows he's coming back. Jericho has been gone for over 2 years now.

The Save_us.222 promo resembles Jericho's promo from when he came to the WWE from WCW. His initial promos when he first appeared is that he was going to save the ratings for WWE, which was a joke made to take a stab at WCW at the time for their ratings were plummeting and WWE's ratings were holding strong.

That is definitely a Jericho promo.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/10/07 09:21 PM
and the 222?

No one knew if Michaels was coming back because of his concussions and the 8-2-11 Savior_self fit Michaels and he is back.

8=H 2=B 11=K Savior_self is relating to his Christianity.

Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/11/07 09:59 AM
The way WWE normally does things, when Michaels showed up, they would've shown the promo right before. If they air it this Friday or Monday, then you know it's definitely not Michaels because why would you still hype it? & from everything I've read, they mention a 2nd coming. Michaels has come back 3-4 times now. Jericho however has only came once. I'm not sure where the 8-2-11 came from, but I don't watch the shows either.

Savior_self could also refer to Jericho in relation to the Jericho from biblical nature.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/11/07 11:44 AM
Exactly! They would of definitely played that promo before his entrance. I have watched that promo on Youttube a few times in slow motion and I didn't see "8-2-11." Many people are stating that the 222 reference WWE 222nd pay-per-view event which is this coming Cyber Sunday.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/11/07 12:34 PM
First of all, the biblical Jericho had nothing to do with the Savior that is Jesus Christ. The October 1, Raw most certainly did show "8-2-11Savior_Self" you can go to wwe.com scroll down to the bottom of the website and click on the "Savior_self" icon and watch the video and hit pause everyonce in awhile and you will see the 8-2-11 Savior_Self.

Also, I am not saying that Jericho isnt going to return, I mean he has to plug his book somehow. Will he stay at least until Wrestlemania? Who knows? That has yet to be seen.
Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/11/07 05:40 PM
I never said it had to do w/ Jesus Christ. Savior_self or perhaps Save Yourself.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/12/07 03:14 AM
I didn't say you did say it had something to do with Jesus. You mentioned biblical Jericho which has nothing to do with Savior.

I just merely said that Jesus is the Savior and He wasn't at Jericho. As far as biblical goes, they are both mentioned in the bible but that is as far as the distinction goes.

I have no idea what Savior_self or Save Yourself or 222 has to do with Jericho but I am sure all questions will be answered soon enough.
Posted By: freespirit Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/13/07 06:36 AM
LOL bible play on words in a sports forum!!! lol I LOVE IT!!!!

I think your all wrong Vince and the WWE writers aint that smart!!! but it makes for a great debate so please continue...
this is fun!!!
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/13/07 02:12 PM
I don't think the WWE is up for doing any promos that are overtly religious in any way. And thank GOD for that! There is nothing worse than any form of media trying to push religious [censored] down people's throats.
As I have stated before, the whole "Save us" thing has to do with Jericho saveing the WWE's ratings by his presence. That was kind of his schtick when he first came to the WWE from WCW, so this is just an updated version of that.
Though I do recognize that before he left, he was clearly experience burn out. It was sad to see him playing that glorified jobber role just to put everybody else over. I hate when the WWE does that. It makes wrestling predictable again like it was in the 80s, and kind of insults the wrestling fan's intelligence.
I don't care about what extent he comes back, it will be good to see him back. He's one of the few that you can rely one that can perform in the ring and on the mic as either a face or heel convincingly and with great talent. And out of all the wrestlers that were interview on major news networks with regards to the Benoit case, he was clearly the most intelligent, articulate, made the most sense, and carried himself extremely well. I sure that the WWE really appreciated that, and that's one of the reason's WWE is willing to give him such a big deal to bring him back.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/13/07 07:08 PM
I think it is funny that the first promo was Save_Us222 and the following one was Savior_self or Save Yourself. save us... save yourself... it is all pretty clever.

Promos that are not overtly religious? Didn't Vince wrestle God last year?

So who do you think that Jericho will feud with when he comes back? I am betting it is going to be MR. A$$CLOWN....A$$CLOWN.

Anyone want to guess who I am talking about? lol.
Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/14/07 03:00 AM
Originally Posted By: forcegx7
I don't think the WWE is up for doing any promos that are overtly religious in any way. And thank GOD for that! There is nothing worse than any form of media trying to push religious [censored] down people's throats.
As I have stated before, the whole "Save us" thing has to do with Jericho saveing the WWE's ratings by his presence. That was kind of his schtick when he first came to the WWE from WCW, so this is just an updated version of that.
Though I do recognize that before he left, he was clearly experience burn out. It was sad to see him playing that glorified jobber role just to put everybody else over. I hate when the WWE does that. It makes wrestling predictable again like it was in the 80s, and kind of insults the wrestling fan's intelligence.
I don't care about what extent he comes back, it will be good to see him back. He's one of the few that you can rely one that can perform in the ring and on the mic as either a face or heel convincingly and with great talent. And out of all the wrestlers that were interview on major news networks with regards to the Benoit case, he was clearly the most intelligent, articulate, made the most sense, and carried himself extremely well. I sure that the WWE really appreciated that, and that's one of the reason's WWE is willing to give him such a big deal to bring him back.

Yes, I can't stand media doing that, or insecure, dimwits who feel the urge to bash other peoples beliefs because they believe otherwise.

It could be something as simple as ratings, or maybe...just maybe we could hope for an angle with depth & imagination...imagine that.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/15/07 08:49 PM
An angle with depth and imagination? Gosh, that would be good.

Talk about an Utopia.
Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/15/07 10:16 PM
Ha, it reminds me of a story Raven once told about gerwitz wanting to turn Hurricane heel by him giving Trish a note & Trish saying, she just liked him as a friend.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/23/07 04:09 AM
Ah, so they played the Jericho promo during Santino Marella's bit on RAW tonight.
Santino makes a good heel for somebody you just came onto the scene recently.
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/24/07 01:20 PM
Jericho just did an interview with the Edmonton Sun and said his return to wrestling will "not be tomorrow but it will be sooner than ten years"

He says that he is going to be very busy over the next four weeks promoting his book.

He also said that he had not planned on returning at all until he started to write the book.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/24/07 01:47 PM
I'm guessing that between his busy schedule, he is also spending time training to get out any ring rust he may have. That's a great idea. That would suck if he became injured just after his return. Maybe he should hold off his return until the next Wrestlemania...that would give him ample time
Posted By: Vance - Crime Editor Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/24/07 08:59 PM
It would but you would hope he would be back before that so he could be in Wrestlemania. Maybe the Royal Rumble?

So, if he isnt coming back right now, and I am not saying that he isn't, but, if the coded messages arent for hi, HBK or Cyber Sunday, who could it be for? Stone Cold?

The religious references in the messages could be for the religious connotation to Austin 3:16?

I don't know. I guess we will just have to wait and see.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 10/24/07 10:57 PM
That promo has Jericho (and only Jericho) written all over it
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/04/07 09:42 PM
Perhaps Chris Jericho's delay in returning to wrestling could be attributed to WWE giving him a chance to return to the form he was when he left the industry more than two years ago.

While WWE officials are obviously very excited that Chris Jericho is rejoining the fold, several people have told me personally that Jericho needs to put on some more bulk before he is considered TV-ready for Raw. Take that information for what it's worth, but according to those with whom I've talked that have seen him personally, his weight was believed to be no more than 200 pounds at the time he agreed to a new deal.

Even though the former undisputed champion has always been far from the largest stars in the industry, WWE feels he will need to build up his frame a little bit in order to (A) make him as marketable as his name value should be, and (B) help prevent injury.

In other news, former WCW valet Baby Doll posted several pictures from the recent FanFest show in San Francisco on her myspace page, which is viewable here:BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/13/07 02:57 AM
Next Monday on RAW, SAVE_US.222 will be revealed
Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/14/07 04:26 PM
WWE actually revealed it themselves already. But here's to Monday.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/15/07 03:57 AM
Edge will be returning at Survivor Series, and Y2J will be returning the night after
Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/15/07 06:49 AM
So much for being spoiler free!
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/20/07 04:15 AM
BREAK THE WALLS DOWN!!!
Posted By: DPu Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/20/07 04:52 AM
Thank God that they finally have. I hope his run goes well & lengthy.
Posted By: forcegx7 Re: Chris Jericho to return!?!? - 11/20/07 12:44 PM
Jericho lost weight, and looks more cut. He looks like he should be a cruiser weight
© BellaOnline Forums