logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#334209 08/15/07 03:16 PM
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
I found this great recipe in More magazine and I thought I'd share, since I always have a hard times looking for desserts that are both delicious, and not too bad for you:

Summer Fruit Brulee
1 small honeydew melon, cut into chunks
3 peaches, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
sweetened whipped cream

1. Place fruit in jelly-roll pan, and sprinkle with sugar
2. Run the dish under the broiler for 2 to 5 minutes, until the sugar caramelizes and forms a light crust. Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.

Delicious! Let me know what you think if you try it! I was also thinking about other fruits which would work well- peaches maybe? What do you think?

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
thanks, I'm going to try this one, maybe with low cal whipped cream. I try and get my kids to eat lots of fruit and I could put stevia on it for sweetening too.

Shark
OP Offline
Shark
No problem- I've found several great recipes in that magazine, but I especially love this one- anything quick and easy I'm more likely to actually make! I think it would be great with low cal whipped cream - I don't think your kids would notice a difference, especially with the sweetness of the fruit. What's stevia? Is it similar to splenda? Let me know how that works out, maybe I'll try it that way next time for a more low-cal version.

I ♥ www.luxeluthor.com
J
Koala
Koala
J
This recipe looks great! Still lots of hot summery days to try it.

I use stevia too. It's a plant that is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar but with no calories. You can get it in liquid or powder form. I carry a liquid one in my purse to use in ice tea or coffee when I eat out. You can also use it for cooking but you don't need much.

It's better than splenda because it's a natural sugar, not artificial or chemical.

Moderated by  Karen - Desserts 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.