BellaOnline
Posted By: Stephanie Austin Summer Fruit Brulee - 08/15/07 07:16 PM
I found this great recipe in More magazine and I thought I'd share, since I always have a hard times looking for desserts that are both delicious, and not too bad for you:

Summer Fruit Brulee
1 small honeydew melon, cut into chunks
3 peaches, sliced
1/2 cup sugar
sweetened whipped cream

1. Place fruit in jelly-roll pan, and sprinkle with sugar
2. Run the dish under the broiler for 2 to 5 minutes, until the sugar caramelizes and forms a light crust. Serve with a dollop of sweetened whipped cream.

Delicious! Let me know what you think if you try it! I was also thinking about other fruits which would work well- peaches maybe? What do you think?
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Summer Fruit Brulee - 08/23/07 02:56 PM
thanks, I'm going to try this one, maybe with low cal whipped cream. I try and get my kids to eat lots of fruit and I could put stevia on it for sweetening too.
Posted By: Stephanie Austin Re: Summer Fruit Brulee - 08/23/07 06:42 PM
No problem- I've found several great recipes in that magazine, but I especially love this one- anything quick and easy I'm more likely to actually make! I think it would be great with low cal whipped cream - I don't think your kids would notice a difference, especially with the sweetness of the fruit. What's stevia? Is it similar to splenda? Let me know how that works out, maybe I'll try it that way next time for a more low-cal version.
Posted By: joanj Re: Summer Fruit Brulee - 08/29/07 11:56 AM
This recipe looks great! Still lots of hot summery days to try it.

I use stevia too. It's a plant that is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar but with no calories. You can get it in liquid or powder form. I carry a liquid one in my purse to use in ice tea or coffee when I eat out. You can also use it for cooking but you don't need much.

It's better than splenda because it's a natural sugar, not artificial or chemical.
© BellaOnline Forums