Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Talk to the Tibetans in exile in India and ask them-

What is your future?
What is your children's future?
Which is your nation?
Can you do buy property in India?

Ask them about why Dalai Lama is not agreeing to the Chinese position and letting all of them go back to Tibet. Why is he trying for help for so many decades from the west when no nation is helping him?

Lady, you are a blind follower of this monk. Unless you come to India and find out yourself I can keep giving proofs. You will not agree. Shall we agree to disagree?

A girl from Japan.
Zebra
Zebra
I will reply to this, to try to tell you once and for all that your attitude is based on unskillful perceptions.

One: The Tibetan people living in India have problems because they are displaced from their country. it is not the Dalai Lama who is responsible for this problem, it is the Indian Authorities who will support the Tibetan people as refugees, but will not give them an equal status with the indigenous people of India.
That is one thing.

Two: the Dalai Lama is constantly striving to reach a paeaceful settlement with the chinese, and has in fact revised his 5-point plan at least twice in its history.
China's stance is still hostile and defensive. They greatly fear the influence of this one man, so they threaten to arrest him as a dissident and tyerrorist if he ever sets foot in china or Tibet.
That's two.

Three: After the second World War, both China and Tibet were invited to join the United Nations. Both declined. Shortly afterwards, China invaded Tibet. The united nations were powerless to intervene in the hostilities between two non-member states.
Now China has become a financially assertive world power. Nobody dares to give them ultimatums, because money and politics are strong incentives.
China is even hosting the Olympics next year, an event strongly deplored and condemned by many.
Tibet has been wiped off the face of the earth, such has been its peaceful and non-violent stance. But Buddhism grows stronger elsewhere. Tibet may be absent, but Buddhism is actually growing stronger as a result.

That's the third thing.
And far from being 'Blind', I see more than you think.

"Come to india to find out for yourself".....?

"COME to India?"

I thought you were from Japan...But I see you have deleted that part of your signature...

have you moved house then? Or were you actually never there to begin with? Curious.

I will always try to help Ignorance where I perceive it. Ignorance of any kind. So we must agree to disagree, then, mustn't we?

With metta,

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
We have decided to ignore each other. Please honor that commitment.

A girl from Japan.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Lordsaveme

Is this your picture? I am a face reader and I can also read character from the words. You look like a very loving and a very honest person.

Yes that is really me. I try to be very loving and very honest despite what I have been through in my life. Thank you.

Jeanette Stingley - Women's Lit
http://womenslit.bellaonline.com
Zebra
Zebra
[quote = Lordsaveme]We have decided to ignore each other. Please honor that commitment. [/quote]

I have decided to stop ignoring you, because I do not wish your misconceptions and misleading comments to go unanswered. If you were more balanced and accurate, I might comply. but I cannot sit and permit you to attack a third person when they are not here to defend themselves. And you are innaccurate in your comments on one of the greatest living people, so I have chosen to set the record straight.
You are of course, entitled to your opinion. But in presenting a set of statements as fact, I feel it only fair to point out that you are mistaken, my friend.

By the way, why don't you just be honest, and admit who you really are? That in itself would be an admission of Truth, wouldn't it? smile

Last edited by Alexandra; 04/05/07 09:16 AM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk

Did Swami Vivekananda ever say that he was a Guru? I stayed in Calcutta for three months and studied all his works. Why do you call him a Guru? In which of his books doe he call himself a Guru?

Just an observation from me here, but there are a lot of gurus and leaders that have never called themselves that personally but people who look up to them and their teachings will refer to them as such.

L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: JeanetteNorman

Is this your picture? I am a face reader and I can also read character from the words. You look like a very loving and a very honest person.

Yes that is really me. I try to be very loving and very honest despite what I have been through in my life. Thank you.

I learnt face reading 40 years ago. Sometimes I make mistakes but most of the times I can predict the personality. May God bless you.

A girl from Japan.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Alexandra

And if you are Buddhist, why the "Lordsaveme" name? That too, is a contradiction, isn't it?

Christians can be Buddhist too. Buddhism isn't a religion, it is a way of life. Therefore Christians can be Buddhist because Buddha is not a God. You won't be worshipping Buddha and not violating their commandments. It is hard to convince a Christian of this LOL I have been trying to explain this to my Pentacostal parents for years.

Zebra
Zebra
No, Jeanette, Buddhism IS a religion, very definitely. And as Buddhists, we do not ascribe to the existence of a deity. A Christian might follow Buddhist practises, but one cannot be both a committed Christian and a devout Buddhist. There is some contradiction there, and some opposing views.

To follow Buddhism, one must take Refuge, to be a Buddhist. It means taking refuge in the Buddha, the Dharma (all his teachings) and the Sangha (the community, which can mean several things, in scrutiny....)But the Buddha's teachings speak of an absence of a deity. So strictly speaking, a God-believeing Christian would find it almost impossible to completely follow na Buddhist path.
Fundamentally, what you say is right, but not strictly accurate.
And please understand, I do not say this to be argumentative or controversial, I am merely responding to your point. I speak with respect.

With much metta, and thank you for contributing.

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.