Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Dalai Lama is head of Tibetan Lamas. A good man but is now facing lot of anger from Tibetans.

A girl from Japan.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: engee
Is DalaiLama like a Guru in India?Like Sree Ramakrishna Pramhansa,Swami Vivekananda,Ramana Mahrshi,Shirdi Sai baba,Swami Nityananda.......?

am sorry i do not know much.would like to know though.

Why not Google it?

A girl from Japan.
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: amadeus1220
Thank you Jeanette and thank you for correcting me on my spelling of the name. I hope I didn't offend anyone with the mis-spelling.

So Lama is the title and Dahli is the man's name? Is that correct?

And being the Tibetan Buddhist leader, is that the same thing as the Catholic Pope?

No he is only leader of Tibetan Buddhists. Not anywhere else. Japanese, Lankans, Thais, Indians, no Buddhist from any other country treats him as a leader.

He has made life hell for Tibetans. I visited India some years back. This Dalai Lama does not allow Tibetans to go back to Tibet. He is not making any progress with China. He has made about 1,00,000 Tibetans exiles in India for so many years. He is not bothered about the fate of his followers. As a leader he should be more worried about that, but he goes around the world and lectures on Tibet. He should either allow his followers to go back to Tibet or tell them that they are free to do what they want. He has made them prisoners with his ideas. I spoke to many Tibetans about him and found that they are very angry but do not know what to do. He is clueless about the fate of his followers and least worried about that.

A girl from Japan.
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: JeanetteNorman
He is the Tibetan Buddhist leader. When a Lama dies, the monks look for signs of the one to take over. Usually these are miracles, or a display of knowledge that shouldn't be shown at a young age, etc. It is a life long title until you die, yes. Dahli is the current Lama. I think he was 6 or 7 when he was taken into the monastery for study and preparation. If you do a search on him, there is a lot of interesting information on him and what he has done in his life! His books are also very thought provoking. Oh and it is spelled Lama not Llama like the animal *smiles*

Is this your picture? I am a face reader and I can also read character from the words. You look like a very loving and a very honest person.

A girl from Japan.
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Originally Posted By: engee
Is DalaiLama like a Guru in India?Like Sree Ramakrishna Pramhansa,Swami Vivekananda,Ramana Mahrshi,Shirdi Sai baba,Swami Nityananda.......?

am sorry i do not know much.would like to know though.

Did Swami Vivekananda ever say that he was a Guru? I stayed in Calcutta for three months and studied all his works. Why do you call him a Guru? In which of his books doe he call himself a Guru?

A girl from Japan.
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
hey lordsaveme,
WHAT THE H*LL IS YOUR PROBLEM WITH ME?
WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM IF I WRITE ON THE FORUM AND ASK QUESTIONS.HOW COME U ARE PICKING ON ME EVERYWHERE.WHAT THE HECK DID I DO TO U?HUH???

people are ready to answer and help so i dont see any problem posting threads.
yes i google whenever i want to.
thanx!

Last edited by engee; 04/05/07 05:26 AM.
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Something going amiss here engee.
I asked you why you call Swami Vivekananda as guru?
Did he ever claim that he was Guru?
You have avoided that answer.

A girl from Japan.
E
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
E
i havent met swami vivekananda.
i am not a phd in spirituality but am trying to learn.
i like his teachings and i think of him as a great person.i call him guru.not my guru.GURU thats all.
someone who is enlightened.
happy?

Last edited by engee; 04/05/07 05:50 AM.
Zebra
Zebra
Originally Posted By: Lordsaveme
Dalai Lama is head of Tibetan Lamas. A good man but is now facing lot of anger from Tibetans.

Where did you find this information? It may not be accurate, in fact it's a contradiction to what I know...
And if you are Buddhist, why the "Lordsaveme" name? That too, is a contradiction, isn't it?

Last edited by Alexandra; 04/05/07 07:01 AM.
L
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
L
Why do you believe that you know all? Are you not ready to listen to any criticism of Dalai Lama? Then stop answering my posts please.

A girl from Japan.
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Lisa - Buddhism 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:37 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/27/24 08:26 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/21/24 01:27 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sewing Sheer Fabrics
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/08/24 01:27 PM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.