btw...

If you haven't already read the article: Vegetarian in 3 Simple Steps check it out. It will provide you with some strategies to get your system going.

The principles reach well beyond creating a vegetarian lifestyle, however. It touches on some of the key fundamentals of life in many aspects.

Hope you enjoy.

One more thing Rosie...

You've got the people at the natural food markets that I ran this challenge by buzzing. They're trying to figure out how this is possible, and to tell you the truth... I think they may even be getting some bookies involved on this one. I'm sure I feel the buzz of a good store wide pool going and we look as if we are the long shot, but I'm not worried...

I'll tell you a quick story [this is my shameless way of stalling for time whistle as I plug away at the figures on the yellow legal pad where I have all of the prices on produce, grains, etc. I picked out for your program the past few days.]

Well...

When my wife and I got married, we had to really play with the budget in order to get everything we wanted. So we had to seriously put the methods in the article to work, and work they did.

We were able to feed all of our attendees including the wedding staff for just over $100 [not including the cake] and there were 200+ people who attended. All vegetarian, all delicious and I had a few people come up to me just to double check that the meal was in fact vegetarian. They knew we were vegetarian, but the food tasted like meat to them. They weren't vegetarian.

I said all of this to say that I do believe that if we can feed 200+ people on less than the amount of our challenge of $150.00 that I'm confident that we have a great shot at making this program work for your and the others needs out there that may have similar budgetary considerations.

Now granted, the dynamics here are quite a bit different. Which is what's causing the stretch.

As a matter of fact...

This is the most intense challenge I think I've faced regarding food. If we had different utensils to work with it would make it almost a cakewalk, but since we are working with a blender, some knives, a toaster oven and the thing that defines the challenge as master difficult, the "easy" aspect... this challenge, if carried off the way I see it, will go down in the Foodie Hall of Fame [if there is one confused].

So Rosie... Thank you for putting this challenge out there! You're awesome! wink

P.S. I do hope you have some storage containers, but if you don't let me know and I'll add it into the mix and / or make some suggestions.

Last edited by Jason - Vegetarian Site; 08/24/08 04:13 AM.