Crisfra Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi everyone,

As promised, here's my Bead Spinner review:

The Bead Spinner Review and Tips

It's a nifty little tool!

Please reply to this post to share your own experiences with this or other models of bead spinners, including any home-made varieties you have tried.

~Chris

Last edited by JewelryMaking; 01/11/08 07:36 PM.

Chris Franchetti Michaels, BeadJewelry.net
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Gecko
Gecko
I have had one for about 5 years and I love mine. I have the originalBellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

J
Gecko
Gecko
J
Thanks so much for the review! I've often wanted to try this but thought it would be too complicated.

Beth

Chris,

For me, the key with using the bead spinner was to not spin it too fast. Of course, I learned that from experience! You know when the beads go flying all over the place that you're not doing something right.

A few weeks ago I created a quick video showing how to use a bead spinner. Here's the link if you are interested in having a look: http://jewelrymakinginformation.com/jewelry-making-video-tutorial-how-to-use-a-bead-spinner/

Crisfra Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Thank you for the link to your video, Eri! That's very helpful.

R
R
what are the smallest sized seed beads you can use with the "J" needles? I am thinking about getting one but I mostly use 11/0 and 15/0 size seed beads. I also saw one that came wih straight needles but I believe you said that was harder for you to use in your review.

Thanks,
rikjog

Last edited by rikjog; 03/02/08 03:42 PM.
Crisfra Offline OP
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Hi rikjog,

You can use the needles with any size of seed beads, including 15/0's - just make sure you have the right size needle. Here is an example of a multi-pack of needles of different sizes:

BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!

C
C
I recently started making French Beaded flowers. I use mostly 24 ga wire and TONS of size 11 seed beads. It didn't take me long to figure out I needed a bead spinner! I absolutely love mine. It's a great way to create color blends, too. I don't use a needle at all - just the wire. I shape it into a fairly large "C" and just skim the surface of the beads. Since I'm right handed, I spin the bowl counter clockwise holding the wire with my right hand. Once the beads fill up to where I'm holding the wire, I scoot them down until I have about 5 feet filled. It goes really fast once you get the hang of it.

I've never tried using different sized/shaped beads in a mix with the spinner. It just didn't seem to me like it could work very well, especially with the bugles.

Happy beading!

Charm

Moderated by  Susan - Jewelry Making 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.