BellaOnline
Posted By: Lila_Chinese_Food Do you Stir Fry? - 06/07/08 12:52 PM
If you do, I'd love to hear your favorite recipes! If you don't follow a recipe, I'd love to know what meats you use; what veggies you add in; and what is in your favorite stir fry sauce.

I love to stir fry "on the fly." I usually start with pieces of chicken breast and then add whatever vegetables I have left over in the refrigerator. Then I just make a basic sauce with soy, ginger and just a little chicken broth. It's a great way to use up those left overs!
Posted By: Chelle - Marriage Editor Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 06/08/08 01:17 AM
We kind of do a combination Thai/chinese stirfry.

Coconut milk
green curry
soy sauce
brown sugar
garlic
sesame oil
chicken
broccoli
green onions
mushrooms
cashews

served over Jasmine rice

And I have no idea how much of anything I use - I just kind of start throwing it in!
Posted By: rainview Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 06/09/08 07:24 AM
Edited by management for TOS violations
Posted By: BoomerGal Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 06/09/08 04:30 PM
I use pretty much the same ingredients Michelle uses, plus any stray veggies I need to use up. I also use the low sodium soy sauce.

We serve it over brown rice.
Posted By: Phyllis Doyle Burns Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 06/09/08 04:51 PM
I almost always use chicken, cut in bite size pieces. I make sure the chicken gets done, then add bell peppers (red, green and yellow), green onions, and mushrooms. I fry in Imperial margarine (no cholestrol) and olive oil with garlic powder and pepper. Sometime I serve this over rice or noodles but usually just by itself.
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 06/09/08 05:10 PM
I use either chicken strips or beef strips, and pretty much what you all use i also add Butcher Block Teriyaki Sauce. it gives it a nice flavor
Posted By: Melisa Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 07/03/08 04:55 AM
Originally Posted By: Michelle_Launch
We kind of do a combination Thai/chinese stirfry.

Coconut milk
green curry
soy sauce
brown sugar
garlic
sesame oil
chicken
broccoli
green onions
mushrooms
cashews

served over Jasmine rice

I also used the same ingredients.
Posted By: rachael24 Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 07/11/08 04:51 PM
I use chick or steak...add mushrooms, peppers, onions, and broccoli. I mix in some teryaki dressing and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
Posted By: kyanh Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 12/16/08 05:56 AM
we keep it simple with brocolli, steam it, and eat it with 'hoi sin' sauce
Posted By: Lila_Chinese_Food Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 12/22/08 11:13 AM
That sounds delicious! I love to steam chicken and veggies and then dip them in either garlic or curry sauce.
Posted By: SpillZone Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 01/04/09 03:48 AM

After falling love with AUTHENTIC stir fry dishes in China, I had not found much success in duplicating the taste. Then recently I discovered this recipe for Di San Xian, which is fried potatoes, eggplant, and bell pepper. It is SO good on a cold winter evening!
Posted By: Lila_Chinese_Food Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 01/04/09 03:41 PM
Many of the authentic dishes are definitly quite different than those you would find at a Chinese restaurant here. Thanks for sharing this reicpe. grin
Posted By: bernicius Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 03/30/09 11:01 PM
that recipe looks really good but it calls for tapioca flour is there a substitute i can use for that b/c i dont think i have any around wehre i live tyvm :D
Posted By: Lila_Chinese_Food Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 03/31/09 12:00 PM
After reading over that recipe, I see they just used the tapioca flour to thicken the sauce. You can use cornstarch as a substitue. Just make sure to dissolve it in water first smile
Posted By: bernicius Re: Do you Stir Fry? - 03/31/09 03:07 PM
tyvm ill make that this weekend TY again!
© BellaOnline Forums