BellaOnline
Posted By: Julie - Computer Careers Wrapping Embroidery Hoops - 05/15/07 12:22 AM
I've seen Megan's article where it explains about wrapping bias binding around the inner ring of your embroidery hoop, but I can't figure out exactly what I should be doing. Does anyone have pictures or a video or? I (and my mom) always just used the hoop as is. (Well, my mom has some nice ones that came with cork on them.)

Julie
Posted By: Megan M Re: Wrapping Embroidery Hoops - 05/16/07 12:34 AM
Julie, I did have some diagrams, but they're all packed at the moment (I move house on 23 May). I'll have a look and see if I can find anything on the net that gives a good diagram and post it here.
Thanks. Or when you unpack and find them (of course if that were me, that would be about 2010), think of me and write a whole article on how to do it!

Good luck on the move!

Julie
Posted By: Larisa Re: Wrapping Embroidery Hoops - 06/29/07 12:59 PM
From what I know... this is for a wooden hoop used for hand embroidery. The bias is just glued to the outside of the INSIDE ring. This helps prevent marking your fabric with the hoop ring when you remove your work from the hoop.

HTH,
Larisa
Posted By: Megan M Re: Wrapping Embroidery Hoops - 07/08/07 12:29 AM
Hi Larisa

You've got it right. I glue the first part of the bias to the inside of the inside ring, and then wrap the bias round the ring, putting a dob of glue on the inside of the inside ring to hold it in place (that means, no glue can get onto your fabric when stitching).

Good news - only 5 boxes of books left to unpack. Bad news; only 5 bookshelf shelves left to put them on!
Posted By: quiltersmuse Re: Wrapping Embroidery Hoops - 08/29/07 08:49 PM
When I wrapped a plastic hoop, I just used twill tape and wrap it, over and over again until I got to the end point. Then I stitched that down. It has held up for years, makes for a tighter contact, and keeps your fabric cleaner.

Wrapping is especially good if you use a metal hoop and are in the bad habit of leaving it on.

Pat
Posted By: Megan M Re: Wrapping Embroidery Hoops - 09/23/07 02:19 AM
I hadn't used Twill tape, Pat. I'll see if I can get some.
© BellaOnline Forums