logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#313430 05/14/07 08:22 PM
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
I've seen Megan's article where it explains about wrapping bias binding around the inner ring of your embroidery hoop, but I can't figure out exactly what I should be doing. Does anyone have pictures or a video or? I (and my mom) always just used the hoop as is. (Well, my mom has some nice ones that came with cork on them.)

Julie

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Julie, I did have some diagrams, but they're all packed at the moment (I move house on 23 May). I'll have a look and see if I can find anything on the net that gives a good diagram and post it here.

Megan McConnell
Parakeet
OP Offline
Parakeet
Thanks. Or when you unpack and find them (of course if that were me, that would be about 2010), think of me and write a whole article on how to do it!

Good luck on the move!

Julie

From what I know... this is for a wooden hoop used for hand embroidery. The bias is just glued to the outside of the INSIDE ring. This helps prevent marking your fabric with the hoop ring when you remove your work from the hoop.

HTH,
Larisa

Larisa Bland, Digitizer & Pattern Designer
Embroidery: www.threadsthatbind.us
Quilting: www.sew-and-sews.com
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Larisa

You've got it right. I glue the first part of the bias to the inside of the inside ring, and then wrap the bias round the ring, putting a dob of glue on the inside of the inside ring to hold it in place (that means, no glue can get onto your fabric when stitching).

Good news - only 5 boxes of books left to unpack. Bad news; only 5 bookshelf shelves left to put them on!

Megan McConnell
Q
Amoeba
Amoeba
Q
When I wrapped a plastic hoop, I just used twill tape and wrap it, over and over again until I got to the end point. Then I stitched that down. It has held up for years, makes for a tighter contact, and keeps your fabric cleaner.

Wrapping is especially good if you use a metal hoop and are in the bad habit of leaving it on.

Pat

Patricia Cummings
BellaOnline ALERT: Raw URLs are not allowed in these forums for security reasons. Please use UBB code. If you don't know how to do UBB code just post here for help - we will help out!
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
I hadn't used Twill tape, Pat. I'll see if I can get some.

Megan McConnell

Moderated by  Megan M 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/17/24 03:33 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/16/24 09:30 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/16/24 07:04 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.