BellaOnline
Posted By: cookie60 Dealing with people that don't understand - 01/10/12 05:11 PM
Hi I was diagnosed with fibro about 6yrs ago.This past sunday I was in shock when a visitor was ease dropping and heard someone ask how I was feeling and this woman told me that I had done something to bring on this illness she told me that I needed to confess to the lord what ever I had done and ask him to heal me.I was so shocked that I just looked at her thinking she was a nut,I am a christian and I know the lord heals he has blessed my family so much,now what can I say when she comes back and I know she will she comes at least once a week.I am so sick of people judging me.can someone help me with what to say?
You can tell her, it's your life and you want to live it as per your wishes. And though you believe in God but not to such an extent that you'll be hoodwinked into 'confessing to the Lord and getting healed'.
Posted By: cindyp Re: Dealing with people that don't understand - 04/24/12 01:39 AM
Maybe a gentle reminder that we are not to judge others? We are all to deal with our personal issues in our own ways - another person's path may not be our own.
Posted By: Jilly Re: Dealing with people that don't understand - 05/01/12 09:59 PM
Yikes. it's very frustrating to hear that kind of thing. I get it pushed on me sometimes and it's very intrusive.
Posted By: loong Re: Dealing with people that don't understand - 05/01/12 11:02 PM
Dear Cookie 60.

First, you mentionned that you are a beleiver in God.When I was a beleiver,I knew that anything that happened,i.e. sickness desease etc. were not God's doing.God is Love.I was raised by amother that had 3 mental conditions,never blamed God for that.
I inherited these 3 mental desease ,never blamed God for that.

It is in the inheritance of any human being to one day become sick,get hurt,die.

To that woman,try to imagine what Jesus would say to her?
Do the same thing. One does not overcome hate ,with hate but with Love. God the Almighty knows everything and nothing that happens in life.Have you heard of the boomerang effect?
What this woman is planting will come back to her.It is one of the Laws of life.It is maybe time to get closer to your God for courage to live your sickness the strongest way possible,and let life take care of that woman.You wrote:what can I say when she comes back and I know she will she comes at least once a week.I am so sick of people judging me.can someone help me with what to say?
So my dear,your house is your domain,and you let enter only those you choose.Just tell her with compassion,that she is not allowed in YOUR domain anymore.

May your God be with you,by the way ,I know he is

With loving kindness
loong

Posted By: Jilly Re: Dealing with people that don't understand - 05/01/12 11:06 PM
"So my dear,your house is your domain,and you let enter only those you choose.Just tell her with compassion,that she is not allowed in YOUR domain anymore."

You are absolutely right, Loong. I am going to have to remember this when someone does the witnessing thing with me. It drains me, and yet I let people do it. I can have compassion for why they do it (their church tells them to badger other people with The Lord), but i do not have to allow it into my domain.

Thank you!
Posted By: DDtop Re: Dealing with people that don't understand - 12/05/16 04:48 AM
Hi i would say to PRAY for the door is over there just pray my foot don't meet your butt before you get through the door never to darken my hearth again.
that should liven em up as people like that that try to judge others without any knowledge of whats gone on is!!!!! (polite)
© BellaOnline Forums