BellaOnline
Posted By: bahrain I ali - 12/21/07 06:33 AM
Can anyone tell me what it means when you dream about a certain animal all the time for years. I have always had these dreams for a couple of years in a row now where I am either being chased by a grizzly bear or I"m running from one. It's all the time. Always a grizzly bear. What is up with that?
Posted By: ElizVanZee Re: I ali - 02/09/08 12:09 AM
All animals in dreams represent an emotional aspect of your own nature giving you the ability to feel or act in a particular manner. The bear is often used to represent a feeling of having a lot to bear, a lot to put up with or tolerate.

As you are being chased by the bear, it would suggest this feeling of having a lot to bear is one that you are unable to shake off or lose.

Here you are running away from this animal because it is perceived as a dangerous one. In other words, where you are living with the feeling of having to put up with a lot, your own emotional nature is not working in your favour or best interests, but rather as a great danger to you as a rational human. The animals are instinctive feelings and irrational ones. A grizzly bear image may simply be emphasizing the dangerous aspect of this irrational feeling. [Is your feeling of having a lot to bear a response to logical thinking or emotional thinking?]

If you dream constantly about bears, this feeling of having a lot to bear is one that you may need to examine more closely.
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: I ali - 02/20/08 08:52 PM
Hi,

I just wanted to say what a great response that was ElizVanZee! Your interpretation was spot on and I also really loved your keen insight into the play on the word 'bear'. How long have you been interested in dream interpretation?
Posted By: ElizVanZee Re: I ali - 02/22/08 05:44 PM
Thank you for your response also and for the compliment. I have worked on the art of interpretation for many, many years. It is my main interest and has been a most rewarding one.
ElizVanZee
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: I ali - 02/23/08 02:09 AM
Hi ElizVanZee,

It's so nice to have someone here who is that interested in dreams. What first interested you in dreams? I have always had vivid dreams--usually very entertaining ones so I was interested in them from a young age. However, it wasn't until I was in my mid-twenties that I began really researching them and learning to interpret them. I was taking psychology classes and was introduced to Jung and got hooked. Are there any writers/theorist you are interested in?
Posted By: ElizVanZee Re: I ali - 02/24/08 12:06 AM
I became interested in dreams out of a need for a deeper spiritual connection. Conventional religion had not filled this need and one day I recalled that Scripture did say that the Lord spoke to humans through dreams. So, I read everything available on the subject. (I also studied psychology at University.) I have no favoured writers or theorists although Edgar Cayce's ideas were a great help at the beginning. With the Lord's help I feel I have been guided to use the most meaningful interpretation of symbols and now the dreams do speak to me.
Posted By: Aisling-Dream Editor Re: I ali - 02/24/08 05:18 PM
That is great, ElizVanZee. You're right, dreams played a huge part in the Scriptures in both the Old and New Testaments. I haven't read a lot of Cayce but what I have read has been interesting. I hope you'll keep posting here. It's great to have you!
© BellaOnline Forums