BellaOnline
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Favorite Dog Names - 03/19/11 04:12 PM
Hi Everyone:

What is your FAVORITE dog names?

To be honest, I don't have one, but right now my boyfriend's son's 2 dogs (Jeremiah & Bobbie/female) are mine (lol). We are dog sitting while he is gets situation on a new Air Force base.

Now your turn?
Posted By: Alissa-Homeschooling Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/12/11 04:40 PM
Snowy (my Shar Pei)

Also, Snoopy, Buster and Rocky. smile
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/15/11 04:20 PM
Thanks Alissa for sharing smile

Originally Posted By: Alissa-Homeschooling
Snowy (my Shar Pei)

Also, Snoopy, Buster and Rocky. smile
Posted By: Lisa - Fiction Writing Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/15/11 04:32 PM
Precious (my lovable brown hound)
Kronk (my German Shepherd)
Pip (my Australian Shepherd)

I thought long and hard before I names each one of them, so I guess you could say they are my favorite dog names.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/15/11 04:39 PM
Hi Lisa:

Awesome - love the names, very "unusual"...

Originally Posted By: Lisa - Fiction Writing
Precious (my lovable brown hound)
Kronk (my German Shepherd)
Pip (my Australian Shepherd)

I thought long and hard before I names each one of them, so I guess you could say they are my favorite dog names.
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/15/11 05:21 PM
I owned a Doberman Pinscher and had named her 'Sabbat'
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/19/11 05:14 PM
LOL Beetle, sounds like "sabbath" = but of course you had to spell it your way. Thanks for the "chuckle" and tell your lovely wife we said hi from Bella!

Originally Posted By: Beetlemess
I owned a Doberman Pinscher and had named her 'Sabbat'
Posted By: Beetlemess Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/19/11 05:50 PM
By definition 'Sabbat' is a witches' sabbath; any of the eight major holy days celebrated in Wicca < Is there someone who can confirm that the term sabbat is currently used in Wicca? >
Posted By: "Rosie" Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/19/11 05:55 PM
I had a pit bull named Dutches
My brother had a dog named Duke
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/20/11 04:24 PM
Wow Rosie, I never heard of "Dutches" - only "Duchess" (lol). You and Beetle have some unique names indeed smile How is our Asia doing?
Originally Posted By: Rosie L
I had a pit bull named Dutches
My brother had a dog named Duke
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 04/20/11 04:25 PM
Beetle, I am sure someone in the Wicca section can confirm this. Maybe Ian might know and he may pay this site a visit. One never knows with him (lol). Thanks for the lesson smile
Originally Posted By: Beetlemess
By definition 'Sabbat' is a witches' sabbath; any of the eight major holy days celebrated in Wicca < Is there someone who can confirm that the term sabbat is currently used in Wicca? >
Posted By: .... Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/07/11 09:43 PM
Sadie, Muggle, Sasha, Haru, Angel, Dodger, Digger, April, Scully, and Libby. The names (of course) of the current and past dogs who have graced my life.
"Dogs aren't my whole life, but they do make me whole."
Pugsley and Chubby Lee-the Pekingese guys, Lady Beaglear, Theresa Terriorski, Sunday, Foo Foo, Goldie, Lucie, Poochie, and Susie...dogs stretching back for 45 years. These dogs have blessed my life.
Posted By: .... Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/08/11 05:25 PM
Aaaw Pugsley is such an adorable name!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/09/11 03:45 PM
I had to giggle when I got to Muggle - never heard that one before. Male or female?

Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter
Sadie, Muggle, Sasha, Haru, Angel, Dodger, Digger, April, Scully, and Libby. The names (of course) of the current and past dogs who have graced my life.
"Dogs aren't my whole life, but they do make me whole."
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/09/11 03:47 PM
LOL Connie, poor dog with the name Chubby Lee. I guess he was on the chubby side? Lady Beaglear sounds like aristocratic lineage - love it smile

Originally Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Pugsley and Chubby Lee-the Pekingese guys, Lady Beaglear, Theresa Terriorski, Sunday, Foo Foo, Goldie, Lucie, Poochie, and Susie...dogs stretching back for 45 years. These dogs have blessed my life.
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/09/11 03:52 PM
Yes Beetle, "Sabbat" is a term used by pagans.

My Aussie Shep was named "Sheena." Yes, that was just when Sheena Easton became popular smile

I love the name Scarlet and think if I ever get another Aussie, that's what I'll name her.

When I was a little girl, my favorite names were "Duke" and "Duchess." That's what my girlfriend named her two German Shepherds.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/09/11 04:02 PM
Yep, German Shephards deserve the Duke & Duchess. Love that breed smile

Originally Posted By: DeannaDreams/Spirituality
Yes Beetle, "Sabbat" is a term used by pagans.

My Aussie Shep was named "Sheena." Yes, that was just when Sheena Easton became popular smile

I love the name Scarlet and think if I ever get another Aussie, that's what I'll name her.

When I was a little girl, my favorite names were "Duke" and "Duchess." That's what my girlfriend named her two German Shepherds.
Posted By: .... Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/11/11 04:50 PM
Muggle is a term from the series Harry Potter. Muggle is a girl. She acts like everything is exciting magic, lol. If her ball suddenly appears when she's sleeping, and it bounces by her--it's magic! If she sits and a treat appears, Muggle widens her eyes at the 'magic' of it! She's my cutie pie!
Posted By: Linda19 Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/11/11 05:37 PM
I have Murphy Jones, Taz, Sherman and Summerjam. Summerjam is actually the name of a reggae festival that my son attended when Summer was born. Poor thing, he is a male, has no bits and bobs and is called Summerjam!!!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/11/11 08:32 PM
How exciting - I am from Jamaica, West Indies and you know reggae is our national music - Bob Marley to name one. Where was the festival?

Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
I have Murphy Jones, Taz, Sherman and Summerjam. Summerjam is actually the name of a reggae festival that my son attended when Summer was born. Poor thing, he is a male, has no bits and bobs and is called Summerjam!!!
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/11/11 08:34 PM
She reminds me of my 2 mutts - you cannot be SAD around them. Thanks for sharing smile

Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter
Muggle is a term from the series Harry Potter. Muggle is a girl. She acts like everything is exciting magic, lol. If her ball suddenly appears when she's sleeping, and it bounces by her--it's magic! If she sits and a treat appears, Muggle widens her eyes at the 'magic' of it! She's my cutie pie!
Posted By: Linda19 Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/12/11 04:09 PM
The Summerjam Festival is held in Germany, this year it is the 26th festival and is held from 1st to 3rd July in Koln. Ziggy Marley is playing there this year, if you go to summerjam.de you can read all about it.

Wonderful to know you are from Jamaica, Angela. Do you still live there? I would love to visit the Blue Mountains. Are they really blue?

My Summerjam is five this year so he was born during the 21st Summerjam festival. I cannot believe where the time has gone. My other dog Murphy Jones is eleven this year! We kind of rescued him when he was four months old and had never been out of the kitchen he was kept in.

Wow its like having kids... but they never grow up!

Magic is wonderful when you are a dog, I came home today after visiting my mother for the weekend. What a greeting I got from the four dogs as I magically came in the door! They always make me feel as if I have been missed.
Posted By: Angela J. Shirley Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/13/11 04:00 PM
Hi Linda:

No, I now live in Columbus, Georgia in the United States. I see you are from England.

Ever since Bob Marley died, I really have not attended any concerts. It is just not the same. In fact I was on YouTube yesterday listening to his "Three Little Birds" - it reminds me "not to worry" smile LOVE MY REGGAE...

Oh nearly forgot to respond - yes they are still blue(lol).

The Summerjam Festival is held in Germany, this year it is the 26th festival and is held from 1st to 3rd July in Koln. Ziggy Marley is playing there this year, if you go to summerjam.de you can read all about it.

Wonderful to know you are from Jamaica, Angela. Do you still live there? I would love to visit the Blue Mountains. Are they really blue?

My Summerjam is five this year so he was born during the 21st Summerjam festival. I cannot believe where the time has gone. My other dog Murphy Jones is eleven this year! We kind of rescued him when he was four months old and had never been out of the kitchen he was kept in.

Wow its like having kids... but they never grow up!

Magic is wonderful when you are a dog, I came home today after visiting my mother for the weekend. What a greeting I got from the four dogs as I magically came in the door! They always make me feel as if I have been missed.
Posted By: .... Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/13/11 05:54 PM
A dog's joyful greeting is always a magic moment Linda!
Posted By: Relief in Progress Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/14/11 05:15 PM
I've never had any dogs unfortunately as I don't currently live in a house large enough for them to roam. I have however had the pleasure of naming one, my Uncle has a copper coated australian shepherd and his two favourite things are jumping and whoopy cushions, so I named him 'Stompy' :)
Posted By: .... Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/14/11 05:21 PM
That's a cute name.
Posted By: Linda19 Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/17/11 06:07 PM
Yes Angela I am from rainy England. I have visited Georgia, I went to a small town called Cedartown in Polk County. Very hot and humid!

Glad the mountains are still blue! I am listening to Damian Marley and Yami Bolo - still searching! from the halfway tree album.

A magic moment indeed Lisa, until they knock me over to see what is in the shopping bags he he!
Posted By: Deanna - New Age Re: Favorite Dog Names - 06/24/11 05:40 PM

This is so sweet!! I LOVE being welcomed by our dog! She's so happy to see us when we get home - it's like she thinks we are the most interesting people in the world!
© BellaOnline Forums