Next Thread
Print Thread
#932252 02/11/20 05:28 PM
D
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
D
OK, please bear with me. I'm trying to assist a fellow editor with a link-posting issue - and the only way I can figure out how to see if what I was going to suggest to her to try was going to work is by trying it here myself. :)

So, I am posting a link to a WONDERFUL article on ice skating in Canada (perfect for this time of year!), which you can go read on the Canadian Culture site. IF the link comes up in a blue "clickable" link, I'll let her know how I did it. If it comes up looking like gibberish (regular HTML code), then it didn't work and no harm done, right?

So, here is the link: Skating the Canal

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
D
Of course, NOW I want to go ice-skating!! :) There are plenty of places here in Alaska to ice-skate, too. One of my favorites (or used to be, before I got old enough to start worrying about falling and breaking something) is Westchester Lagoon in Anchorage! Westchester Lagoon is an approximately 50-acre natural lake that feeds out into Cook Inlet. In the winter, the municipality of Anchorage clears and hot-mops a wide, 1/4 mile long pathway winding around several little islands in the lagoon, making for a fun and uniquely beautiful skating arena. They keep this area maintained all winter, beginning as soon as the ice is at least 12" thick and even offer lighting for night skating. When surface conditions cooperate, it's sometimes possible to skate almost everywhere on the entire lagoon!

Sometimes the muni will also clear and mop large sections where you can often find local kids putting together fun, casual hockey skirmishes out of the way of other skaters. There is no charge for skating on Westchester Lagoon - it's a great opportunity for family fun in downtown Anchorage!

Moderated by  DebFrost - Alaska 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.