Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
D
Amoeba
OP Offline
Amoeba
D
I recently published an article based on my last summer's trip through the 2 1/2 mile long Whittier Tunnel between Turnagain Arm and the town of Whittier in Alaska. In case you missed it, here is the link to my article. https://www.bellaonline.com/article.asp?id=59140.

I wanted to add here that while I was doing more online researching, I came across some absolutely awesome VIDEOS of folks traveling through the Whittier Tunnel. One video is a well done, professional quality video with music and no talking, but using a really good quality camera that makes you feel like you are pretty much driving the vehicle. Really cool. A couple of the others weren't quite the same quality, but made me laugh since, like me, the people doing the video were traveling through the tunnel for the first time in an RV. It's quite the experience! You can find the links easily by doing a simple search: "Whittier Tunnel Alaska videos". Enjoy!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
M
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
M
Hi Deb
I watched several videos about Whittier, and the tunnel, and what a gorgeous piece of real estate that Alaskan countryside is (a person might think they were in Canada). When I was in Austria this past summer, we ducked into some pretty long mountain tunnels, and I hate to admit that those feats of monumental engineering frightened me. Talk about a feeling of the walls closing in. Once back under a blue sky, and breathing, it was a great experience, gladly left behind, until the next one.
I also heard in one of the Youtube videos that Whittier receives 20-40feet of snow each winter, that's a lot of shoveling.
Thanks for that enlightening post!
Monika R @ Canada

Moderated by  DebFrost - Alaska 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.