Page 2 of 2 1 2
P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
Just met another fellow using the dating website. He really seems nice, so I'm back to exploring a new relationship. I have to say I'm having fun doing this. I think it's because I really like my life the way it is, and meeting someone who is a potential partner would make it even better if he is right for me. If I find that person does not enhance my already enjoyable lifestyle, he's history. That's a great feeling to know I don't need anyone to "make me happy" - that I've created a secure and pleasant day to day life for myself. What can you add to your life that will make your days more enjoyable that is not dependent on anyone else?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
I mentioned that I am meeting men on line. No permanent results yet, but I am being persistent as I like the process and have met many nice people. I have been on one site for a few years now and decided to let the subscription run out and try another site for a few months to see if I like it and if I meet any new people. I live in a small town now so there are not the large numbers of singles that you can find in a more urban area. I'll keep you posted as to whether changing sites was the thing to do.

Last edited by Pat - Quality Aging; 08/19/16 08:10 AM.
P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
I have been writing to a few fellows (on these dating websites for older adults) who live too far from me to get together easily. Some of the notes are interesting and fun. I'm not particularly looking for a pen pal, but I find that developing a friendship through writing is not necessarily a waste of time.

I have one friend who says by writing to the opposite sex, especially someone who may be a possibility keeps her "in the game" and makes her not feel as lonely.

I do think that if someone writes and they are bright, funny, and interesting, writing to them can be a short respite during the day and something different to occupy our time - especially if we are looking.

Like any other interaction with an unknown person, we have to be careful, not give out too much personal information, and certainly always be aware of the possibility of a scam. That is unfortunate, but it is the reality of interacting on the web.

P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
I'm still "out there" having fun meeting new men. My friends ask me how I can do this for such a long time and not let it get me down. I tell them it is because I really accept that I may not meet Mr. Right, so meanwhile I want to have as much fun as possible. While I am enjoying myself, my focus is on learning what traits I prefer over others, what kind of man is the best match for me, and when the relationship doesn't work, exactly what made this person not suitable for me. As old as I am, I learn something new every time I step out on a date! It's a positive attitude that enables me to have fun while searching.

P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
Just talked to a guy who is on the same dating website as I am. He is having a problem getting women to tell him the truth about their preferences, he says. Then he added that some of his friends are having the same problem. When I asked what he meant, he said that many women say they want a serious relationship but really are too tied in with their kids and grandkids to devote the time they need to "be totally involved in a partnership." Mmmmmm. I don't know enough women who are single in that situation. Could this be true? Maybe this guy is just too demanding? Too needy? Or maybe older women don't want to structure a relationship around a man anymore to the detriment of their family involvement. I would think that this type of issue would be decided on a case by case basis and this guy shouldn't be judging all women because of a few negative experiences.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Pat - Quality Aging 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.