Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Susan, I LOVE how you planned that all out!

And Allyson, what a journey this has been!! Though my mom and aunt both have forms of dementia, it's been caused by lifestyle habits (that weren't so great), so (thankfully) my sister and I are both taking totally different approaches to our health and healing. AND, a lot of that is centered around getting rid of stuff!! Though she's happily taking a lot of the things I was just going to donate. I'm glad to see some things going to her - her kids are younger, and she'll enjoy using them (they are mostly dishware for holidays).

Yes Pat - this was so timely smile I'm so glad I read your article just when I did smile

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow! Susan, I'm impressed. You have worked hard to get organized and get things in order! I have never even thought about my writing stuff!!

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Wow! So much thought and detail ... you've given me food for thought.

AJ Alexander (aka: Bubbles)
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
smile

It seemed about time. My parents didn't divide stuff while living, and it caused a lot of hard feelings later.

P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
On top of my personal belongings and items I inherited from an aunt and my dad, I had a hobby which was maintaining a booth in an antique shop. I kept these items in the store for about 5 years and then decided not to continue to make the effort when I retired and moved. Well, now my basement is loaded with all of these boxes from the booth with so many nice vintage things. They have been sitting down there for the past 4 years.

I want you to know that I started sorting a few weeks ago, held a fundraiser for one of my volunteer clubs using some of the items, donated about 10 boxes to date to a local thrift store, and have stored about another 10 boxes to take to a local auction after the holidays.

I am only halfway through the "stuff" in my basement, but I must say that once committed I remain on a roll. I am including my Christmas collection of "stuff" and intend to sort that out as I unpack it and see what I can donate to lighten that up as well. Now's the time of year when those with less can really use our unwanted and unused items, so I'm making a special effort to "let it go" "let it go"....!! Wish me luck with the other half!!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Pat - I am sending you positive thoughts, energy and much applause from Ohio.
YOU GO !!!!!!
YOU GO LETTING GO!!!!
Chel

Michelle Anne Cope
Short Stories Editor

P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
I just wanted to mention that I found a local auction where I can box up some of my vintage items and sell them in bulk. Also I have been posting items that I don't want anymore on the freecycle website. I also have been trying to sell a few things on Craigslist and anything that doesn't sell is going to the auction. I am finally taking the time to use different options available to get rid of my things. Of course there is also the local thrift stores but some things I feel obligated to try and sell!

I know that during the holidays people tend to get in a buying mode and I hope that I can get rid of some items during shopping season.

BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
BellaOnline Editor
Stone Age Human
Pat, those are helpful suggestions for many of us! Thank you!

P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
Just a short note. I sold a few things on Craigslist and sponsored a fundraiser for my garden club where I gave the club 80% of my "take." Anything donated to a non profit is a tax write off, so the event was win-win for me. I have been taking numerous items to a local thrift shop and that is also a write off. And for the first time I accepted the fact that some of the items in my garage need to go to the DUMP! Spring is coming! Time to clean up!!

P
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
P
Just started cleaning out my garage. OMG! I had no idea what I had piled up in there. It is starting to look much better. I have a keeper pile, thrift store pile, and dump pile in there now. Once I have the dump and thrift piles out of there, I can get it organized. Then a friend is going to loan me his power washer so I can clean the floor. Yes! The basement is next which will be daunting, but once I see the clean garage, I am betting the task will seem more doable! Hooray!

Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Pat - Quality Aging 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.