logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Shark
OP Offline
Shark
Do you think it is important to have a purpose in life? And does attitude have anything to do with finding and living your purpose?

Here's the feature article for this week: Attitude

The Self Development Shop is now open for business. Please stop by and look around - there are two pages filled with empowering self-development books. Here's the link: The Self Development Shop

For our Self Development newsletter subscribers, here is the answer to our pearl of wisdom quiz - a. TRUE

If you'd like to learn about the newest articles on Self Development site and participate in our weekly quiz - please sign up for the free weekly newsletter. Here's the link: FREE Weekly Self Development Newsletter

Thank for for reading and participating in our forum!

~Sharon

Sharon Michaels
Empowering and mentoring women to greater personal and professional success.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
B
Parakeet
Parakeet
B
I read a quote not long ago in an inspirational book I was reading that said sometimes we serve our purpose by what we DON'T do.

I've always wished I'd done more with my life, made some big difference to the world but by not doing that, perhaps I served a better purpose raising my daughter and my 3 step daughters. If I'd been off saving the world, I wouldn't have been there for them and now that I see them as adults, I realize I DID make a big difference in their lives.

It made me re-think what my real purpose in life is. Rather than feeling like I didn't fulfil my purpose, I think I did fulfill it without really planning to.

In response to what BoomerGal said I think that if you raise your children to love themselves and value themselves and show them how to be happy and live the life they want then you are actually making a big difference to the world. Think of all the people that they will meet in their lives and the effect that each thought and look and action has on others. If each person had love for themselves then that would make a tremendous difference to our world. And the foundations for that come from our parents or primary care givers.

Parakeet
Parakeet
I think that it is very important to have a purpose in life and to live your purpose.

I have always thought my purpose was to raise my children, but now that they're older I think I am still trying to figure out what my purpose is.

But yes, I think it is very important.

Stephanie Watson
Weight Loss Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
BellaOnline Editor
Chimpanzee
I think our purpose in life is always changing as we grow and learn.

Like you, Stephanie, one of my purposes in life is to raise my children. But I know that won't always be my purpose because one day they'll be on their own.

Another purpose in life for me is to help people with Depression and women that have been raped know that they are not alone. This one has been getting stronger over the years, as I have been getting stronger and can better deal with these two issues myself.

Michelle Taylor
Marriage Editor
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
I do believe having a purpose in life is important.

When my ex and I were raising our kids whom are grown now, we wanted them to have a happy family where love was surrounded around them. Now they are grown and I hope that they continue to do the same thing one day when they begin their family. To me, love is important. Everyone wants to be loved.

Now, Im single, free after my second marriage (husband died after 8 months of marriage), I feel the need to go out and do what I've been wanting to do. I would love to travel. I've been wanting to do that, but with the economy, it gets expensive, but I still can take trips here and there. There is so much to see in a short time. I can make the best of it while Im here to serve my pupose living on earth.

Another purpose in life is to reach out to those in need. Its a good feeling to help those who need help or just need someone to talk to. Just being there for them helps them heal in ways. It makes me feel good when I know I can help someone smile again.

Julie

J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Originally Posted By: Sharon SelfDevelop Ed
Do you think it is important to have a purpose in life? And does attitude have anything to do with finding and living your purpose?

Here's the feature article for this week: Attitude

The Self Development Shop is now open for business. Please stop by and look around - there are two pages filled with empowering self-development books. Here's the link: The Self Development Shop

For our Self Development newsletter subscribers, here is the answer to our pearl of wisdom quiz - a. TRUE

If you'd like to learn about the newest articles on Self Development site and participate in our weekly quiz - please sign up for the free weekly newsletter. Here's the link: FREE Weekly Self Development Newsletter

Thank for for reading and participating in our forum!

~Sharon

I think its very important to do something you love. .... Personally, I have a " small purpose" in life, that is to make those people who love me feel happy. ...

K
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
K
I like the statement by Boomergal- I'm not sure what my purpose is - I'm still trying to find it. I've been trying for some time lol. I have to think that what defines me as my purpose is what I don't do. I know one day I may say that my purpose is wife, mother, etc - but those relationships are ever changing and revolving. I'm not sure how I would feel if I thought my purpose was being a good wife and then got divorced. I would feel like I failed and had no purpose. So, I'd rather think of what I don't do and leave the titles somewhere else.

N
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
N
It is very important. I do not and I often wonder why I am even here and this is one of the reason why.

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.