#872158 07/25/14 11:05 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I've been thinking about this topic a lot recently. Even though my bedroom should be dark at night, it's often lit up like a Christmas Tree; the time light on the cable box, the "cable box is on" light, the TV light, the Internet flashing modem light, the house alarm light - all brightly lit. Some nights I have to get up and cover the lights with something just to get the room dark. It's definitely much better now that I no longer have a desktop in there too..LOL...

The problem is when I cover the TV light, the remote won't work. I use the time on the cable box. The alarm light lets me know the alarm is set, I do cover the modem lights so at least most of the strobe effect is gone.

What do you all do to get your room to a peaceful dark state?

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I have a dawn simulator for my alarm clock. Part of the settings actually reduce the light level of the digital time display once I turn on the alarm for the next morning - further darkening my room. I put extra layers over my windows to keep out extra light. I would prefer blackout curtains, but they are not in my decorating budget right now. I could have used tin foil or pieces of cardboard, but I don't like the way those things look.
I don't have a tv or a modem or anything else in my bedroom. I didn't want them in my bedroom because they tend to take away from sleep and the type of relaxation I want to have in my bedroom. If I did have them in my bedroom, I would look for an armoire type place to store them - where I could close cabinet doors and hide them when they are not in use.
Having a house alarm light flashing in my bedroom would drive me nuts. Can you move it or change settings so it doesn't flash?
With the midnight sun in Alaska, and not in enough light in the winter, we get good at picking up these little hacks.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:28 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/28/24 03:26 PM
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.