Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 34 of 103 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 102 103
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
This past weekend I have been to several stores and purchased a number of Christmas items. I have also made purchases on line.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Hi Angie. This is a hard time of year to save money. smile

I purchased a little gram scale for my niece today, from amazon. $6.35: it was something she said she wanted for xmas, plus I got free shipping.

I will be wrapping people's gifts with some fabric this week - we already have the fabric, it will look cute, and such gift wrap will cost me nothing and ALSO be reusable. I'm going to add this part of the post to the thread about frugal gifts, actually.

A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Hi Jilly. I have a supply of giftwrap left from last year so I will not purchase anything new. I picked up cards at the Dollar Store so made out like a bandit there. I save my Christmas cards from the previous year and make gift tags - I cut the pictures from the cards into gift cards and tape them to the gift boxes.

I sometimes use the pictures to make other special cards too.

BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I didn't spend any money today, but I always think about electricity for whatever reason.

I hate (let me rephrase) HATE-HATE-HATE, the cold!!! I bundle up like a polar bear in the winter, but am today under a heating blanket on pretty much high, lol.

But, purchases? Nothing. In fact rummaging through the deep-freezer downstairs, I had a lot of herbs I grew and some bags of by one get one shrimp. So, this evening I may make some Shrimp-Scampi w/Angel-Hair pasta.

Great ideas on the Christmas gifts!!! I too utilize bows and ribbons - even un-staple the middles, using scissors to curl them and name tags out of scraps of paper.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Elleise,

there was an article in one our local publications about how much electricity we use even when we're not doing anything - the author suggested going around the house and checking for the little glowing lights to see what is running - microwave with the clock, TV, cable box, DVD player, PC, printer, chargers, adapters, etc. I would hate to turn everything off and have to remember to plug it back in before each use. One suggestion was the multiple plug outlet which can be turned on and off with one switch. Chargers need to turn off automatically when the item is fully charged.

D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
I went and did some holiday shopping this morning before the severe weather hit. I also stopped an bought some necessities like milk and laundry detergent.

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
I'm glad you made it passed the weather Diane! WE just got the ice and snow today and luckily, my husband didn't have to go out in it!

I think it's things like this, that come across, when there's posts about having extra things on hand, even powdered milk or canned veggies when they're on sale. I keep my eyes out for all that stuff. Lol, ironically I do very well w/pictures wink

But especially when they're like .38 a can, the lowest I've seen is .32, but it's then I purchase a case of beans or corn and potatoes? Those along w/broccoli, again when they're on sale, I simply chop them up for later use. Glad you're safe smile

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Thanks Elleise. My son had spent the night at a friend's house then went to the mall, so I did have to pick him up around 2, fortunately there was enough traffic so the main roads were still passable. I did use it as a teaching moment about driving and running around in bad weather.

His school is closed tomorrow, but I'm thinking we will still have to work since they very seldom close the local government.

Stocking up sounds like an excellent idea. I remember the major storm a few years ago where everything was closed for days. We've had such mild winters especially the last two years, it's easy for us to get complacent down here. Many of us are in for a rude awakening with really bad weather. You've got a great plan we need to follow!

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
A
Chimpanzee
Chimpanzee
A
Diane, I know what you mean about being complacent. We have been very fortunate the past couple of years but here in Central Virginia we tend to get ice storms and then power outages. It's always a problem salvaging refrigerated and frozen items. I think we are in for it this year although folklore says otherwise. Weather patterns are so strange all around the world.

Everyone needs to take care during the winter.

>>>Stocking up sounds like an excellent idea. I remember the major storm a few years ago where everything was closed for days. We've had such mild winters especially the last two years, it's easy for us to get complacent down here.<<<

D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Angie.....I like your idea of making gift tags from old Christmas cards.

My most frugal purchase lately was buying boxes of 14 or 16 Christmas cards for only $1 each at the dollar store. With having to spend money on postage for these cards the savings was well worth the trip to that store.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Page 34 of 103 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.