Print Thread
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L

I just read on wikipedia that one of my favorite dramas Beautiful Life is a record holder!

Here's more from wikipedia:

Beautiful Life (ビューティフルライフ Byūtifuru Raifu?) is a drama of "Toshiba Nichiyo Gekijo (東芝日曜劇場 Tōshiba Nichiyō Gekijō)" on TBS Television. It was first shown in Japan from 16 January to 26 March 2000.

Beautiful Life is a massive success, and holds the TV rating record of drama in Japan over the 30 years (41.3%).

The story is about Okishima who is one of the best hairstylists in the salon where he works and Kyoko Machida who works at a library. Kyoko is wheelchair bound due to a disease that first started to manifest itself when she was 17.

The two main characters meet one day while driving on the highway. I think Kyoko cuts in front of Okishima or something like that. Anyway they argue and later Okishima styles Kyoko’s hair for a magazine shoot. When the article comes out it focuses on Kyoko’s disability, not her beauty which was not Okishima’s intent.

It’s a very sweet love story and a bit of a tear jerker. I loved it! One day I will watch it again.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Sponsored Post Advertisement
L
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
L
I wanted to add one thing about why I absolutely adored Beautiful Life.

There was a scene where Okishima and Kyoko are on a bridge I believe or some scenic local (forgive me it’s probably been 5 years since I’ve seen this drama so I don’t remember exact details). Kyoko makes a comment and Okishima kneels down so he can see the scene the way she sees it, from her wheelchair.

He said he wanted to see the world, how she sees it. In other words he wanted a “paradigm shift,” which is what the entire drama is about.

I’m going to put it on my to-do list to watch this drama again by the end of this year.

LEAH MULLEN
LIFE COACHING

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.