logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72
Shark
Shark
As a freethinking Atheistic Agnostic, yesterday I saw three advertisements being run on BellaOnline which I found to be quite "interesting"-the first two of which from my perspective could be characterized as being mind boggling.

I. Get Clarity and Direction for Your Life with a Personal Prophecy- Master Prophet E. Bernard Jordan

(For me, this ad speaks for itself, er, I mean "Master Prophet" E. Bernard Jordan solely does the speaking)

II. Memory Delight- Enjoying God's Word Everyday
How to Memorize the Scriptures

(For me, this ad speaks volumes, chapter and verse ad nauseum for itself)

III. Discover the Forest.Org- Experience the Wonder of the Forest

(Is it just me or could those cute little blue sentient beings be Pagans or Wiccans?)

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Shark
Shark
Another current Bellaonline advertisement that is mysticfying me is the following one:

Take the Free Chakra Test...
www.chakrahealing.com

So what in the name of Great Caesar's Ghost is a Chakra?

Is it a derivative of Okra that is used for physical healing purposes?

Is it similar to the type of healing provided by Oprah?

Is it a chalk-like substance used in a rubbing massage?

Ah, atheistic agnostics have oh so many questions about things that they are lacking scientific knowledge about!

Shark
Shark
In both a secular and nonsecular context, there is a Universe of difference between nurturing and enabling. Why do you think it is that so many self-described nurturers are in reality the most insidious of enablers?

Only if no one replies was this a rhetorical question.

As a related question, what do you think is/should be the cause/reason for a person attaining any level/degree of self-esteem?

Another related question, what descriptive word do you think
is contemporaneously the one that is most misused/misapplied?
My nomination is awesome.

Chipmunk
Chipmunk
http:
//www.blacksunjournal.com/books/3070_dr-victor-j-stenger-god-and-the-folly-of-faith_2012.html

LesS13 #826912 06/22/13 04:50 AM
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
To go along with awesome is the word "cool".

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
LesS13 #826923 06/22/13 05:29 AM
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: edwardd1
In both a secular and nonsecular context, there is a Universe of difference between nurturing and enabling. Why do you think it is that so many self-described nurturers are in reality the most insidious of enablers?

Only if no one replies was this a rhetorical question.

As a related question, what do you think is/should be the cause/reason for a person attaining any level/degree of self-esteem?

Another related question, what descriptive word do you think
is contemporaneously the one that is most misused/misapplied?
My nomination is awesome.

I will try to intelligently discuss this matter with you in the context of forbearers being abused as children.
My mother was a smother due to the fact that her father did not want her even while she was in the womb.

He threw a heavy glass ash tray at my pregnant grandmother, and the doctor said if it was an inch closer to her forming head and brain, I would not be here.

Great hatred of the father principle translated into separation anxiety in me.

I still have it to this day.

I even practice it with the cats.

So, in answer to your question, depending upon the self-esteem of the caregiver and their ability to integrate with their culture will determine the amount of enabling and or nurturing.

If they are wanted and loved as a child and encouraged to gain autonomy utilizing their innate talents to become a whole person before giving birth will give them the advantage to be able to distinguish the line between nurture and enabling.

It goes back to discipline.

True Love disciplines the child to prune the false self. Pitiful Love encourages and enables the lower principles of the child that are not healthy. e.g. selfishness, self-pity, greed, fear and doubt.

Self-esteem is based upon autonomy and self-reliance, encouraged at a young age.

I despise the word awesome, because it is intellectually lazy.

Awe-struck, in awe, awe-inspiring would be my replacements.

The ubiquitous computer culture has so dumbed down us globally, that I would nominate any word that starts with an I as in Iphone.

Or, e. e-mail, e this e that.

-- Burt B.

Last edited by Burt B.; 06/22/13 06:46 AM.
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
Thanks Burt for your AWE-INSPIRING post! Another not so 'cool' or not so 'awesome' word that I find to be quite often inappropriately used (like 99.99% of the time) is EMPOWERED/EMPOWERMENT, especially when it is applied to persons at the micro level. (Keep in mind that I was a social and economic development social worker who had actually studied empowerment theory and not a clinical one that normally would not).

Shark
Shark

Do you think that "Faithless" is:
Atheistic?
Agnostic?
Humanistic?
Naturalistic?
Deistic?
Non-Denominational?

FAITHLESS as performed by Rush

Edited by Lisa because:
Lyrics are copyright issues and cannot be posted - readers should buy the album and enjoy!

Last edited by Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames; 06/25/13 04:56 PM.
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Faithless would be self-determination in the face of social scorn.

Shark
Shark
Burt (The Man of a Thousand Avatars) is spot on about "Faithless" and its divine (not divine!) message. That "self-determination" in the face of the "scorn" of the masses (pun definitely intended) is the result of individuals utilizing the process of freethinking whether one is an atheist, agnostic, humanist, naturalist, deist or of a non-denominational orientation (alas,not everyone in those belief categories are freethinkers).

Next RT:
Talk about the dead coming back to life-sort of, in a curious manner! Currently, at number five in the Top Ten List at BellaOnline's A/A site is an article (ghostly with none of its original substance) that ceased to exist on 3/1/2013. A miracle due to divine intervention. I think not! Must have been a good title and description, though! LOL

Last edited by edwardd1; 06/24/13 01:14 AM.
Page 50 of 72 1 2 48 49 50 51 52 71 72

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.