Print Thread
Page 7 of 103 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 102 103
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I bought two ebooks from kindle for 2.99 each and they were terrible. So i returned them. Which means today, so far, no expenses.

Nothing yesterday.

Thursday was a spendy day. I bought cat food from walmart, a small used coffee pot, a 120 volt warming travel coffee cup for the car, and a vacuum food saver. Prices were $5, $3 and $3, respectively. Cat food was $9. So it was a $20 day. That is a lot for me.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Quote:
I did good until this evening. I was off today, stayed home and did reviews. I was rather proud of myself...LOL.. My son is visiting from out of town so I spent money on food tonight.

That is great! You did good. Food is one of those things it's hard to regret spending money on; we need food. With family, it's often a celebratory thing. So it's not like little luxuries you didn't need.

Food and family seems to be a common theme with people and spending.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today I bought an angus burger at mcdonalds. I NEVER eat fast food - this was a special treat for me for no real good reason. It was almost $5.

I also got some free tupper-type containers from the free box at the Senior Center Thrift Store.

Yesterday I bought nothing.

Monday I bought a few things at ACE hardware that were free and almost free rebate items. After i get my money back, I will only have spent a few dollars for some metal glue, a bottle of bug spray, a spray water pressure bottle (gallon size for my outdoor shower) and a bit of rope. I like it when ACE has freebies. smile

Over the weekend i bought nothing.

And on Friday I spent $10 on a beverage for myself and one for a friend at a nice wine bar.

I need to be better about keeping up with this, so i can track my spending and make a report for you guys. Let me think - last week i got my meds and vitamins from CVS (free with my health plan), and picked up some seltzer and food items with my food stamps.

I got a few bags of food from the dented can store using food stamps. I love that store. smile

I did get $25 in free gas from a low income voucher program, and will be getting another three vouchers over the course of June.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Crud, my post disappeared.

Ok, i got two small crockpots that use a tiny amount of watts, a hand cranking grinder, a salad spinner and a thermos cooler at goodwill - $17 for all.

5 solar stake lights for one dollar each at walmart - $5

$22 - a big spending day for me. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Today: zero purchases. A good day!

What did you buy? There is no judging here. smile

V
Wolf
Wolf
V
Yesterday I bought a gift for Father's day, 2 slices of pizza for the kids' lunch, 3 drinks at Sonic during Happy Hour, and the stuff needed to paint my daughter's bedroom. She is supposed to pay me back for the paint, etc. but I'm not holding my breath. Maybe today I'll be more thrifty!

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Yeah, buying gifts always throws off a budget, don't it? smile

I bought a couple of beers the other night, but i think that's all i bought all week. Oh, and I spent $11 cash on used books (i earned some cash selling scrap metal and allowed myself some books and beers!).

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I spent money this week on my mortgage, sewer bill, and ten dollars monday night at the tavern.

Last week my family was visiting and I bought a few used books ($4), a loaf of artisan bread for my dad for father's day ($5), a bottle of $6 wine, and I think that is all.

I am trying to get assistance on my water bill from the SHARE program, which would be great. And since i now have my eye prescription ready to go, I am waiting on my appointment with Lions Club for new free frames.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I spent another ten at my pub this week. That is $20 in one week, which for me is outrageous. However there will be no pub tabs next week and no pub tabs last week. I don't think i went pubbing in the first week of june - i have to check.

I have managed to avoid any and all eating out, however. I just can't afford that. if i have to meet someone at a place there is food, i make sure to eat at home first so i am full and won't be tempted.

So i think it's evened out for june...i just feel better when i only spend $5 for a night out.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I had Dan and his mom staying with me this week, and guests always cost money, what with driving around, eating out and shopping excursions. Also i had to plug in the RV as a guest house and that consumed a lot of energy with the AC unit running continually.

I bought:
$13 in used books at Bookmans
$10 in beer/tip
$6 in closet hooks from ACE hardware

I think there was more? I don't remember. I really need to be better about logging in to this thread more often.

What did you spend money on today or last week?

Page 7 of 103 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 102 103

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.