Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#761499 05/07/12 06:51 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I am in my office probably 16 hours a day - from when I wake up until when I go to sleep. I am sitting in this one room. And it is so messy! Everything gathers into piles. Piles of books to review, piles of books to give away, piles of old computer games to sell, piles of paper to process.

So today I finally at least pushed everything back to the walls in larger stacks so I could vacuum. A step in the right direction!

Now to start making some of these items go away!

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
J
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
J
Lisa, this sounds like my office and I'm a Feng Shui consultant! A few days ago I took a picture of my office and then started the task of cleaning, clearing, and putting away. I'm about half way done and will be taking an after picture for an article I'm writing. If its OK to put before and after articles on BellaOnline, I might post the article on my site.

I've found I work much more efficient and write better when the office is clean and clutter free but sometimes it impossible to have it that way.

Jenny McKinney, Ph.D.
Feng Shui
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jenny -

Definitely articles can talk about how progress is made from a starting point to an ending point! That sounds like a great journey to track.

I definitely feel better in here when it is clean. It's just hard because I have so much to do, that I have to put things off in order to clean.

Low Carb Forum
D
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
D
Lisa, good luck on the cleaning spree.

I like clean with no clutter too, you couldn't tell it by looking at my room though. I'm such an out-of-sight, out-of-mind person that I put stuff away and promptly forget about it. I guess that's a sign that I don't really need so much stuff, huh? :-)

Dianne Walker

Action Movie Editor
Action Movies Site

How do I relax? I run!
Grandma to Half Marathon
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I went to get some stuff out of my office, and I am soooo embarrassed about how out of control it has gotten! it is a feng shui nightmare! Seeing this post on here is downright serendipitous for me.
I like the before and after picture idea - its definitely useful for articles. I think it can even help individually so someone can realize that they are getting somewhere after all, instead of feeling daunted.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
Gecko
Gecko
Hope you guys find luck in cleaning your office.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Jenny, those kinds of articles are my favorites to read! I can't wait to see yours!

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
My primary goal this year is to get decluttered and organized. I found solutions at Clever Container and decided to rep for them since they have organizational products for every room of the house in one place.

We live in a former one-room school house. Although it has been a two-bedroom for sometime, closet space is inadequate. We had only one closet when we moved in that ran between the two bedrooms through the bathroom. We divided it back up into three small closets. Storing everything in the basement, attic or garage and outhouse (I'll call it what it used to be) is not always convenient.

My office is a computer armoire in the main living space. I have battled paper clutter. I found helpful solutions to hang over a nearby door to keep things organized. One is a 7-pocket organizer which is great for sorting and organizing papers. Another is a canvas organizer with 4 pockets, including a great filing pocket deep enough to hold a number of folders to organize projects.

Violette DeSantis, Writely Applied
Blogs/Social Networking Editor
Small Office/Home Office Editor

Now writing at BloggingTips.com & Soaps.com. For updates visit videsantis.WritelyApplied.com.

"Energy rightly applied and directed will accomplish anything" ~ Nellie Bly
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
I find my desktop can easily get cluttered with papers. Right now there is a new pile there, waiting to be filed. So right now - this very second - I am going to file that.

There! The desk is a little cleaner. Progress! Small steps!

Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Good job, Lisa!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Tammy - Cleaning Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.