logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Who sleeps when the going gets going???

Nuremberg Sausages & a full Bavarian Stein - that should help.

-B-
"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors,
we borrow it from our children."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Sounds good to me. I love sausages and a full stein.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
See that is what I like about Bellaonline, we can have four conversations at once and just keep on chatting!

No our press picture did not show the chess game but the Brandenburg gate was in the distance and there was a long lanes or two or three with the stationary cars. A German friend here mentioned that the unions were pretty well organised in Germany too. Do you think the taxi drivers will have any impact on the powers that be by their action?

Here in Johannesburg we have a huge outcry about the new toll roads that are due to come into operation on 30th April - but there is just so much resistence it wil be interesting to see what happens in our courts and in reality.

St Georges? He of the dragon fame? There is such a funny radio skit on this taking off the police in a way mixed in with a bit of James Bond or so who is tasked with a misdemeanour of the maiden eating dragon - he has to slay him and report back quickly. Its really funny, has anyone heard it? Ah well.

Say cheers and go in search of a back porch somewhere!!

Last edited by Lestie - ContainerGardens; 04/24/12 04:37 PM.

Lestie Mulholland - Container Gardening Editor

Container Gardening Site

Container Gardening Forum

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Sorry to be so late getting back to you Lestie. To answer your question at last, would be surprised if Taxi drivers strike/go slow will affect any decisions which have already been made, although they do have a genuine reason to be more than a bit 'put out'.

While the residents of Berlin are not exactly thrilled to pieces with the situation either, it will make catching a plane more difficult in more ways than one. Am only an observer on this one, but from everything I've been told this is not a development that could be labelled 'an improvement'.

Love the sound of the St. George radio skit by the way, wonder if I can find it somewhere online. Is it recent?

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi Francine,

Are you back home or still in France? Can guess only at how busy you have been so hope you are all set for some very good days ahead (weeks and months too!)

I will call my local radio station and ask for more details on the St Georges radio skit, they are sure to give me something more to work on, makes me smile just thinking about it, dahn darant dahn ... even the theme music make you smile.

Looks like the people do not rule any longer (if they ever really did!) as governments across the world carry on regardless, making decisions about all sorts of things and then ramming them down our throats and through parliament or whateer structure is the most expedient.

I am aiming to focus on my containers and carry on - I am a lucky old fish I say to have something so fulfilling to distract me from the news and politics these days.

Cheers to you Francine and all and all

Container Gardening Site

"Things GARDENING are great ... they are my daily smiles on toast!" - Jennifer St John-Rose, formerly black thumb recently turned green.
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Leslie would love to know if you do find more details of the St Georges Day skit.

Asha Sahni
Dreams Editor

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Hi there Asha,

Will be sure to post it here as soon as I can...

Cheers

Container Gardening Site

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Have to agree with your comment Lestie. Am not sure we have as much influence as we think we do as to what is carried out in our name, or for our 'benefit'.

And that goes for most things from taxes on taxi drivers and journeys to wars. It often seems we are simply presented with a 'fait accompli'.

Oh well it isn't even a long way from our beer topic, because I suppose it all increases beer, and wine, sales...........and increased activity with our container gardens'. cool

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Francine - German Culture 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.