Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
heh, now i just have to think about how to organize that.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, i made a thread for seasonal goals in this forum.

T
T
Wow! What a nice goal. For me my goals in life are the following:
a. to help my family especially in terms of financial
b. to become one of highly respective professionals imbued with moral values and to compete globally in terms of skills and knowledge.

Last edited by BellaOnline; 12/19/11 09:59 PM.
Gecko
Gecko
I don't believe in goals! I just do what I wish to do, when I wish to do. Life's easier that way for me, and I've noticed I haven't failed in this approach as yet.

I love music, movies!! I write at mag for women in free time.
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jodiemt -

It's certainly fun to do things on a whim! And certainly each of us has different styles.

If you have long term goals, though, by not keeping them in mind, they rarely get progress made on them. That is, say I have a long term goal of earning a college degree. If I always go for the short-term fun things, I'll never reach that long term goal.

If I don't have any long term goals in life, that's fine! But for many of us who do have long term goals, we like to make those small steady steps towards reaching them.

So for example if I end up with a free half hour, my short term mind might say "Great! Watch some TV!" - but my long term goal list would say "OK the perfect time to narrow down my college list to three I can choose from". And by doing that task, I'm closer than ever to achieving something important to me.

Often the realization that long term goals were missed out takes quite a while. A friend of mine has a father close to death. He's upset he never went to London England. It was a dream of his. He never put it onto any goal list, he never took any steps towards it - and now he lost his chance.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Okay, giving this a tentative try. By next xmas, I plan to have these things done -

utility assistance on
food stamps on
ahcccs renewed
disability income on
steady drips of monthly income from work
Weatherization project finished (through nacog)

This is all for the financial stability priority.

That's a start!

Last edited by Jilly; 12/24/11 07:10 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Quote:
Often the realization that long term goals were missed out takes quite a while. A friend of mine has a father close to death. He's upset he never went to London England. It was a dream of his. He never put it onto any goal list, he never took any steps towards it - and now he lost his chance.

I am very guilty of doing this too. A while back I found one of my goal notebooks. I'd write a bunch of goals down in January, then blow it off. I'd pull it out again in December and feel so bad about it! But I never took any action - never even looked at it. January of 2010 I found that notebook and was nearly in tears because I had done nothing! So 2010 I started leaving the book out - looking at it everyday - taking action. In January 2011 I was SOOO happy! I'd accomplished at least half of my goals!

I definitely need my goal journal - or yes, I find myself getting sidetracked and never moving forward.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
I don't know why!! But I'm finding that finishing my paranormal romance is very challenging. It's not that I don't have idea... I do... Hmmm....

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

A
Gecko
Gecko
A
Write it down and make it happen!

We use a large white eraser board to write down the goals we are focused on. As we accomplish a goal, it's erased off the board.

We try to look at it at least monthly, to keep it current and to keep us on track.

I believe it setting goals, otherwise, I'm floating out at sea, without course or direction.....

Last edited by anna*AHHA* Ruscult*; 12/27/11 12:16 PM.

Anna - AHHA
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Anna, did you ever read that book "Write it down, make it happen?" It was SOOOO cool! I think I'll get it out again. I'm reading "Think and Grow Rich" right now - so that will be my next book.

"Floating out at sea... without course or direction."

I feel that too when I'm not writing things down.

Deanna Joseph

Page 24 of 31 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 30 31

Moderated by  leahmullen 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/27/24 08:14 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.