Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
LBP Offline
Amoeba
Amoeba
L
Thanks Burt, it took me a few days to understand what you wrote, but I think I get it now. Gee, there is so much to learn and I am actually enjoying it!! Thanks

Sponsored Post Advertisement
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
Great post, Burt.

I am 44 going on 45. Do I feel middle aged? No I don't. I don't really consider my age at all. I just feel like myself and that person feels younger than my physical age.

At this time in my life my focus is my spiritual healing and growth. It is a good time for me because I am finally figuring out who I am and what I was meant to be. I am more thoughtful and focused on the inner me. It is a more peaceful existence than what I have had in earlier years.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
I guess I have never put myself in any age group -- I just take life one day at a time. I focus on my spiritual growth, and by doing so, I find my life is much more peaceful.

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
D
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
D
That's how I feel too, Phyllis. Peaceful is good.

I know a lot of women don't like telling their age, but I never minded telling mine because it is just a number and it means nothing to me. I am confident enough in who I am that other people's perceptions of me do not matter. And I don't feel I ought to hang around with a certain age group of people either just because I am the age I am. I get along fine with just about everyone.

Debbie Grejdus
Spirituality Site Editor
Spirituality Forum Moderator
That is a great way of looking at life, Cassie.

Age has never bothered me. I have friends of all ages and it is their personality I relate to.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Way to go Phyllis.

I also have friends of all ages, but their actual years on this earth of ours does not interest me at all, and perhaps mainly because they do not allow this to interest them.

Quote:
Age has never bothered me. I have friends of all ages and it is their personality I relate to.

Know several 80 year olds, and one who is 90+, with whom I struggle to keep up, their minds and just about everything else are so active, interesting and still so interested in the world and everything in it. They are open to what is going on not only around them but in the world at large, and are just fascinating.

On the other hand have met many much much younger who drain every piece of energy and leave me shattered, and who seem to have no enthusiasm for, or interest in anything. Certainly not in what the world offers them. It is as if they have 'shut off' and, as the saying goes here, they are 'Old before their time'.

Life is what we make it, and that also goes for the abitrary number of years on our personal clock.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Hi Francine. Life is interesting for sure. Having friends of old age, middle age, and younger keeps one aware of and involved in the many different outlooks and issues in life.

One of my best friends is a young man who is just 30. I have some friends who are in their 70's and older and they are so up to date as to what is happening in the world -- It is a joy to know them.

So - did anyone figure out what is considered middle age? If it is in the late 40's, I have been there and done that.

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Phyllis - Appalachia
I guess I have never put myself in any age group -- I just take life one day at a time. I focus on my spiritual growth, and by doing so, I find my life is much more peaceful.

I just turned 50 last November, and I'm having a blast !

Finally smile

All that BS about trying to figure out and fit into various groups is all behind me !!

I feel 17 yrs old inside, with the awe and amazement of an 8 yr old !!

Pretty !! smile !!!

Last edited by Burt B.; 02/01/12 01:53 PM.
That is great, Burt. Did I tell you Happy Birthday? If not, all the best to you!

Phyllis Doyle Burns
Chipmunk
Chipmunk
Originally Posted By: Phyllis - Appalachia
That is great, Burt. Did I tell you Happy Birthday? If not, all the best to you!

Oh Yeah you gave me a Happy B-Day smile

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:23 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/12/24 06:03 PM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.