Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Deanna, I love talking about ABBA smile - so any time smile

Yeah, 'The Winner Takes It All' is actually my favorite song ever. I think the lyrics are so beautiful and truthful, even though they're so sad.

If you can get hold of 'Super Trouper' the album. or 'The Visitors' in particular has a more sombre note. 'One Of us' is similar to 'The Winner Takes It All' in subject matter, and 'The Day Before You Came' is one of the best songs ever written IMO. It's like a short story with this beautiful, haunting music. Have you heard the song 'I know Him So Well' (Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson) from the musical Chess? That was written by Benny and Bjorn - and you can tell it was meant for the two girls. That's another one of my favorites too smile

I remember in music school talking to this boy, he was being rude about ABBA, and I was trying to explain to him how much depth they actually put into a lot of their song lyrics - he was only familiar with a few songs. There is such honesty in their lyrics, and I love the tone of the girls voices - you can hear they're Sweedish and so it comes across quite innocent at times, I feel.

It must be great to be singing. I remember when I was singing on stage it brought me so much joy and happiness. I still have demo's from my original music LOL - that seems so long ago now, though it was only about six years. Being on stage is such fun though isn't it? smile

'Dancing Queen' always seems to get everyone on the dance floor no matter what their age. So many great songs...

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Awww Steven, I LOVE this song!!!! I've never heard it, so thanks for recommending it.

The Day Before You Came

I remember hearing Super Trouper when I was younger, but I didn't hear it enough to remember it, so when I saw it in the movie, Mama Mia, I had a huge flash-back LOL!!!

So what kind of music did you sing Steven? That's so cool!!! Being on stage IS fun!!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk

Hard to choose a favourite Deanna and Steven, but just love I Have a Dream. Never get tired of hearing it.

Saw ABBA perform in Cologne and Amsterdam where the audience ranged from a mass of early teenagers and twenties, to 'very, very much older', the impression they made was electric, and they sang live�����does that even happen any longer?

Then, many years later, when my eldest son was at Uni., and that was not so long ago, he said the favourite music played at just about everything was ABBA. Their music, and as a group, crossed generations all those years back and still does so.

Perhaps not everything in Mama Mia was in tune, but for me anyway that was a part of the film�s charm, had it on DVD and found it a great �feel good movie�, for grey wintery days.

ABBA not only left a legacy of super music, their words were often evocative and somehow they stirred emotions and left memories, a combination which made them special then, and now. It really is Thank You for the Music, they are easy to remember and hard to forget, even more especially because they have never really gone away.

Francine A. McKenna - German Culture Editor

German Culture Site - German Culture Facebook

Avatar: HOHENZOLLERNBRÃœCKE Cologne with CATHEDRAL and LUDWIG MUSEUM. The Bridge a symbol of how Germany was rebuilt after WWII, it was left in ruins, the Cathedral with roots in the 13th century represents the country's history, Museum of Modern Art the present day.

Tiger
Tiger
Love ABBA and I love "Muriel's Wedding (a few years ago I made a lens review of the movie which has one of my favorite scenes "Fabba Abba" performing Waterloo).

Favorite songs:

* Knowing Me, Knowing You
* Take a Chance on Me
* I Have a Dream
* Chiquitita
* Fernando
* Voulez Vous
* The Name of the Game
* Waterloo
AND Dancing Queen of course.

I'm sure there are probably more. I might have to get an ABBA fix now. LOL

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Good Morning Francine, and thank you SO much for posting the link to "I Had a Dream."

I didn't recognize it at first, but as it's playing in the background, I am remembering I used to love it!

I agree, I think that ABBA has been able to offer something that no other artist has quite been able to accomplish.

What great music to start off my day!!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

M o e #703491 07/25/11 11:09 AM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Moe! I agree - an ABBA fix is in order this morning LOL.

And thanks for sharing your review - I just added Muriel's Wedding to my netflix queue!!! I'll watch it tonight!

Okay, here's one we haven't played yet! Eagle by ABBA.

Another of my faves. I used to play this one over and over - it's so mesmerizing.

Deanna Joseph

BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
Deanna you're most welcome - I'm glad you liked the song smile I used to sing pop music and soft pop rock. Though I like music frm all genres, they were the most fun to sing for me. I think singing is the happiest job someone could probably have.

Francine - I'm so, so envious you got to see ABBA live. That would've been amazing!

I just realized ABBA werent that big in the USA compared to Europe, the UK and Australia. I was listning to them just a few hours ago on my Ipod LOL. When I was in Uni everyone loved them as well, we used to go into the kitchen drinking wine and singing ABBA songs and Phantom of the Opera oddly enough LOL. And those notes are hard to reach LOL.

Steven Casey
Horror Movies Site
"Whatever you do, don't - fall - asleep!"
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
BellaOnline Editor
Amoeba
How have I not stumbled on this thread before? I adore ABBA � they are so incredibly talented. Too many fantastic songs for me to pick just one favorite, but many of the best ones have been mentioned already � "Dancing Queen," "Eagle," "Thank You for the Music," "Chiquitita" (great for harmonizing), "One of Us," etc.

What about "Gimme Gimme Gimme"? Awesome chord progressions.

Last edited by Lane LitFic; 08/24/11 04:32 AM.

Lane Graciano
Today in History
J
J
Of cos I remember ABBA! my favorite ABBA song is definately Dancing Queen.
I just love everything about this band, their lyrics always, always touches my heart strings.

Did anyone watch the movie MAMA MIA, it starred another of my favorite stars Meryl Streep, and it featured a lot of ABBA songs.

Joy Alari
Japanese Culture Editor
Amoeba
Amoeba
I love ABBA, infact during my intro for my final year of Highschool formal I had "ON and On and ON' lol. Loved it.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.