Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#696520 06/19/11 05:53 PM
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
I do not know if anyone is like me but I have this constant frustration with myself for wanting a new job or career choice every few years. I have no clue as to what that is all about. I enjoy what I do (and do well at it) for the moment but getting tired of it too. I've taken all the career tests over the years - both personality and career interest - and still manage to become chronically dissatisfied with doing a specific job for more than 3 years.

I've never had Ah HA moment with what I wanted to do in life so I tried many different things. But I get bored with jobs easy. Anyone else go through this and know the reason why?

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 06/19/11 05:53 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Hi GoodMorningSunshine:

LOL, me too - but don't give up or feel bad about wanting a change. This is telling you that you have not found your career PASSION but as you continue on with your life and paying ATTENTION to life - it will slap you in the face and it will be like - oh this is IT!!!

Thanks for sharing with us wink

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Angela,

You are always such a great support and encouraging. I really value that in you.

Tiger
Tiger
Back to you - I don't know what I would have done without you during my CRAZY moment last week(lol).

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
awww, hope you are feeling less crazy lol...but in case you are not...it gets better smile

Tiger
Tiger
Any thoughts on what you would like to do?

I would love consulting about unemployment. Working on that in my small ways(lol). My dream would be to be able to help other folks find jobs and not be stressed out over the process. And this would be folks like me - so not into the regular way of looking for a job. One has to be CREATIVE in this recession and when you get to be over 50 smile

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Yes, I would like to work from home and have an online website. I would like to improve my writing skills and learn how to capitalize on a web based business...all while making new friends in the process lol.

Tiger
Tiger
So how are you going about doing this? Love the idea wink

Me, started my blog, working for FREE helping some other folks with their sites while getting my name out there. Enjoying the process...

G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Fortunately I have had website Admin and Mod experience, (limited) article and blogging writing, and a small business in the past to help get me jump started. I am currently researching website design/hosting and the marketing models for web based business creation and growth.

It will take some time in understanding everything. Researching these things online is about getting past the hub of useless information presented by certain sites and blogs that simply throw a good word for the companies who are sponsoring their website. So I am throwing a creative mix of search engine terms to bypass that lol. I find developer forums especially helpful.

I don't know Ang, ever since my gallstone pancreatitis in May and being out of work until the end of July (my surgery is this Friday to get gallbladder out) I have decided I want more income possibilities and definitely to have more fun with it all. I can become successful, I just have to learn and relearn what works and what doesn't, along with becoming more business minded. That is the big one!

Last edited by GoodMorningSunshine; 06/27/11 06:02 PM.
G
Jellyfish
OP Offline
Jellyfish
G
Just looked at your website... aren't you afraid of putting your past jobs online for anyone to see?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.