Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#697842 06/25/11 01:12 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
My faith is who I am, I am my faith, in God and myself.

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Linda19 #697908 06/25/11 06:10 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Linda,

Thank you Linda for being who you are. I also love your faith. I don't think you would be the person you are if you didn't have the faith that you have. And I like who you are. Thanks for being you! Thanks for bringing us into your world and then helping us all understand different ways of seeing things. Thanks

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Tuculia, what you said is so beautiful!! And I totally agree!

Linda, you are an amazing woman, and I'm so happy to have met you!

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
OMGosh, tears sprang to my eyes Tuculia. Thank you so much, I made the statement after a conversation with Deanne, yesterday, about Vision Boards. I did not expect these wonderful words from you both...

I am very happy because even if I am feeling alone, I can come here and know there are awesome women like you in my life.

Today my faith says:

Nothing is hidden from God, on Earth or in Heaven. (3:5)

He is watching me, and guiding me and He sent me here.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #698844 06/29/11 12:43 PM
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Linda, I love what your faith is saying today laugh

This makes me think that no matter what I'm going through, or don't understand, it's still very fixable in God's world. This is very comforting because then I can remember I don't have to be able to fix everything... It's really just my job to trust and allow God to inspire me.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Do not be saddened by their utterances. All power belongs to God. He is the Hearer, the Omniscient. Quran 10:65

Everyone has their own path to follow, do not let the words of other lead you from your path.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #700897 07/09/11 04:03 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Had your Lord willed, all the people would have been one congregation of believers. But they will always dispute the truth.

Quran 11:118

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #701317 07/11/11 07:19 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today my faith is telling me that we should all be less selfish and be a little more compassionate to each other. Share what you have with someone less fortunate.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #702121 07/16/11 11:12 PM
S
S
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM...I'm blessed to be on this website. Shakrun. As I was browsing the website, I ran across something really troubled me. It spoke of hadith and surah as a innovation.... me personally, I read al quran. And hadith and sunnah, and Im nothing but muslim. All I practice is Islam. I worship Allah alone. In my Quran (abdullah yusuf 'Ali) it has Allah name all through it.alhamdulilah. Allahu akbar. As for praying in English or Arabic, you can pray in English or Arabic. Allah knows our hearts. He's the only one who knows best. In the name of Allah most gracious most kind. I pray that if I said something wrong, to please forgive me. Say:I seek refuge with the lord of the dawn,from the mischief of darkness as it overspreads;from the mischief of those who practice secret Arts; and from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy. Surah 113. Surely Allah reveals the truth. Salaam.

Linda19 #702122 07/16/11 11:17 PM
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
Originally Posted By: Linda - Islam
OMGosh, tears sprang to my eyes Tuculia. Thank you so much, I made the statement after a conversation with Deanne, yesterday, about Vision Boards. I did not expect these wonderful words from you both...

I am very happy because even if I am feeling alone, I can come here and know there are awesome women like you in my life.

Today my faith says:

Nothing is hidden from God, on Earth or in Heaven. (3:5)

He is watching me, and guiding me and He sent me here.

Yes - He did send you here, Linda, to help others and to share with all your faith. You are never alone.

I so admire you for standing strong in your own truths.

Love and hugs,
Phyllis

Walk in Peace and Harmony.
Phyllis Doyle Burns
Avatar: Fair Helena by Rackham, Public Domain
sakinaassidiq #702124 07/16/11 11:24 PM
S
S
ASSALAMU ALAIKUM. To my sisters and brothers in Islam..May Allah accept your prayers, and grant you peace in this world and on the hereafter

sakinaassidiq #703353 07/24/11 10:07 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Peace Sakinaassidiq

I am glad you have joined us on the Islam forum.

God is very specific in the Quran. He tells us that it is the ONLY book we require for knowledge and wisdom. To enable us to live a righteous life on Earth and to gain salvation for our soul so that we can return to God.

Many people do not like hearing this fact, they would far rather believe in words written down by men about a man whose only mission was to deliver mankind the Quran.

Hadith and sunnah are hearsay... so and so said that he heard so and so say that the prophet was heard to say or be seen to do...

Who authorised these men to write these words about Mohamed that were written down a long time after death? Not God, not Mohamed... Satan inspired them to write down words that contradict the Quran and lead people down his path and not the path of God.

Which Hadith other than God and His revelations do they believe? 45:6

God asks us which hadith do you believe in? His or those made up by humans?

Some people uphold vain hadith to divert others from the path of God. 31:6

People tell others to follow hadith to divert them away from God.

The only Sunna to follow shall be God's Sunna. 17:77, 33:62, 48:23, 6:114

God says the ONLY sunnah we should be following is His. Not those attributed to Mohamed.

So you see, it is in the Quran, yet people still refuse to believe it.

Satan said he would take all of those who did not belong to God and according to God in the Quran the ONLY way to salvation is to worship God alone and follow the Quran alone for guidance.

God says that the Quran is a fully detailed book, complete and with nothing left out of it. So why would we need the words of men to understand the words of God?

Chapter 55
1. The Most Gracious.
2. Teacher of the Quran.

God is the teacher of the Quran. Not Mohamed or the men who chose to change the religion of Abraham and include their own version of Islam.

You said nothing at all to offend. And I hope I have explained what I mean by satanic innovations. Hadith and sunnah belong to God... No one else.

Peace

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 07/24/11 10:13 AM.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hi Deanne, that is so very true.

God waits for us to catch up, if that is His will. Fixing things is His job, we just have to bend in the wind that He sends to test us with.

God says all who believe in Him and lead a righteous life will have nothing to fear in the Hereafter.

We are all given special gifts. Some of us use them wisely, some of us abuse them and others go to their graves never knowing what that gift was.

Each of us has a destiny unlike anyone else around us, I find that awe inspiring. God's plan is the best plan even if we do not understand it.

Peace to you all.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thank you for your loving words Phyllis, love and hugs back to you.

Today my faith is telling me:

Tell My servants to treat each other in the best possible manner, for the devil will always try to drive a wedge between them. Surely the devil is man's most ardent enemy. 17:53

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #705465 08/04/11 08:45 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
If anyone thinks that God cannot support him in this life and in the Hereafter, let him turn completely to his Creator in Heaven, and sever his dependence on anyone else. He will then see that this plan eliminates anything that bothers him.

Quran 22:15

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #710818 08/27/11 02:33 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
God invites to the abode of peace, and guides whoever wills to be guided in a straight path.

Quran 10:25

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #711123 08/28/11 09:52 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Tonight is the last night of Ramadan. Tomorrow is the last day of fasting. I thank God for everything He has given me in my life time. I thank God for allowing me to be me and to live the life He has blessed me with. I thank God.

To God belongs the sovereignty of the Heavens and the Earth. He controls life and death. You have none besides God as a Lord and Master.

Quran 9:116

Linda Heywood

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Thank you so much for your kind words Phyllis.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is every wasted. -- Aesop

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #712564 09/05/11 07:03 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
The One who created me and guided me.
The One who feeds me and waters me.
And when I get sick, He heals me.
The One who puts me to death and then brings me back to life.
The One who hopefully will forgive my sins on the Day of Judgement.

Quran ~ The Poets. 26:78-83

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #712565 09/05/11 07:05 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
When they are told, "There is no other god besides God," they turn arrogant.

37:35

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #712566 09/05/11 07:08 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Say nothing happens to us, except what God has decreed for us. He is our Lord and Master. In God the believers shall trust.

9:51

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #712567 09/05/11 07:10 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
There is not a creature on Earth whose provision is not guaranteed by God. And He knows its course and its final destination. All are recorded in a profound record.

Quran 11:6

Linda Heywood

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
We did not send any messenger except to preach in a tongue of his people, in order to clarify things. God then sends astray whomever He wills, and guides whomever He wills. He is the Almighty, the Most Wise.

Quran 14, verse 4

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #715410 09/21/11 01:03 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today my faith is leading me along the path of compassion. Care for those around you. Appreciate the moment.

Kind words and compassion are better than charity that is followed with an insult. God is Rich, Clement.

Quran 2, verse 263

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #715529 09/22/11 10:56 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
If anyone thinks that God cannot support him in this life and in the Hearafter, let him turn complete to God in Heaven and sever his dependence on anyone else. He will then see that this plan eliminates anything that bothers him.

Quran 22, verse 15

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716065 09/25/11 01:57 PM
S
S
Peace Linda, I come across your articles on Bellaonline and I was touched with your words and approaches. When I read your response to Sakinaassidiq, I got the feeling that you would not consider the Sunnah. I believe the Sunnah is what teaches Muslims the way to pray, to fast, to do hajj and to give the Zakah plus doing the other details of things which were all taught by Mohammad (PBUH). In other words, the Quran did not spell out all the details of doing things but gave direction to follow Mohammad (PBUH)for learning the details. 33:21 Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah. Many other verses also invite the Muslims to obey Allah and his messenger. Without being of any offense, I look forward to learn from you.

Student4ever #716077 09/25/11 04:38 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Peace Student4ever

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Islam Forum.

God tells us that the Quran is a fully detailed book and that nothing has been left out of it. Everything we need to know is in the Quran, the details for prayer, fasting, ablution, pilgrimage, charity they are all written in detail in the Quran, and I have written about all of them on the BellaOnline Islam Site.

Mohamed only followed the Quran and to obey Mohamed is to follow the Quran as he did and as God instructs. Also God tells us that He is the Teacher of the Quran, not Mohamed, he was only the messenger.

I always ask people who insist that I follow hadith and sunnah the same question. Who authorised these people to write down these words hundreds of years after the death of the prophet? No one has yet given me an answer, yet the Quran makes it clear that the only hadith, and the only sunnah are God's and that God's word alone, the Quran, is what Mohamed followed and what we should follow. God tells us that the Quran is NOT a FABRICATED hadith.

I hope this explains why I will never submit to the so called sunnah and hadith which I honestly believe degrade and humiliate the prophet. There is even an hadith which says...

"Do not write anything from me; whoever has written anything from me other than the Qur�an let him erase it." (Narrated by Muslim, al-Zuhd wa'l-Raqaa'iq, 5326)

I look forward to further discussions with you about faith, please feel free to write anything you wish about Islam. We are all here to learn from each other.

God Bless

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 09/25/11 04:39 PM.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716079 09/25/11 04:43 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Therefore you shall glorify God when you retire at night and when you rise in the morning.

Quran 30, verse 17

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716081 09/25/11 04:48 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A prophecy still to come from the Quran.

Therefore, watch for the day when the sky brings a profound smoke. It will envelope the people, this is a painful retribution. "Our Lord relieve this retribution for us, we are believers." Now that it is too late, they remember! An enlightening messenger had come to them. But they turned away from him saying, "Well educated but crazy!" We will relieve the retribution for a while, you will soon revert.

Quran 44, verses 10-15

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716129 09/26/11 12:42 AM
S
S
Peace Linda, It is nice to be on the Islam forum. I am glad that you are quoting the Hadeeth which prohibited writing the Hadeeth at the time when the Quran was still in revelation to prevent any interferences. Hadeeth was documented later with strict criteria to indicate the level of authenticity of each Hadeeth. Until today specialized Hadeeth scholars could verify the authenticity of any Hadeeth. It is a fact that nothing is similar to the Quran and allah did not omit anything from it. Quran is the word of Allah and no human could bring a single verse similar to it even the prophet PBUH. The Quran requires Muslims to inquire about what they do not know from the people who have the knowledge. 16:43 And before thee also the apostles We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: if ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message. The practice of the prophet and his Sunnah is what shows people how to practice Islam and how to live according to the Quran. It is from the mercy of Allah that he sent a man as a messenger to show people how to live according to the Quran. He was a man not an Angel so that people should be able to imitate him and practice what the Quran teaches them and the Quran instructed Muslims to follow the Prophet as a model in applying the Quran and to follow his practice. 3:31 Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." e.g., the time of the different 5 prayers and the number of Raka'at and movements in each prayer could not be found in the Quran. Similarly, the details of performing Hajj is not fully detailed in the Quran and it fully detailed by the example of the prophet. Therefore, the model which applied the Quran and practiced it needs to be documented and to be taught so that the generations could still apply and practice the Quran over the different eras of life on this earth. Again, it is nice to be on your forum. Peace and Blessings

Student4ever #716274 09/26/11 01:39 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Hi Student4ever

To whom do we enquire? Who are these scholars you speak of? I have never met one yet! I know many people who claim to read the Quran but I know very few who actually understand the Quran. I was told the other day by another Muslim that there are too many Quranic illiterates in the world and I totally agree with him.

Too many Muslims listen to hearsay and conjecture and the hadiths are forbidden in the Quran, in many verses, so I obey God, not what other humans tells me is Islam because humans tend to get things wrong. God is the Teacher.

So many Muslims today do not actually read the Quran and are totally oblivious to what it actually says. Everything is FULLY DETAILED in the Quran, we have no need for words written by men many years after the death of Mohamed.

The prayers were known to Mohamed, each rakat and movement because the prayers were given to Abraham and Mohamed followed the religion of Abraham, so he knew how to pray. The Quran gives instruction on what to say and do and when. There is not a single hadith which explains prayers either I must add!

Tell me, how do we follow a man who is dead and no longer on the planet? To me this smacks of idolatry and is the same form of idolatry as practiced by Christians with the worship of Jesus Christ alongside God. To obey Mohamed is to follow the Quran as he instructed us to do. Not conjecture written by other human beings.

God says worship Me alone, follow only the Quran. But I appreciate you follow a different path of Islam. Mohamed only followed the Quran, he didn't make up his own religion but people today follow conjecture rather than the word of God.

Nice to have you on board.

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 09/26/11 02:50 PM.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716288 09/26/11 03:00 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
It is a popular myth that Mohamed was given the rites of prayer when, in fact, the Quran tells us that it was Abraham who was given the Islamic rites of prayer, charity and fasting.

You shall strive for the cause of God as you should strive for His cause. He has chosen you and has placed no hardship on you in practicing your religion - the religion of your father Abraham. He is the one who named you submitters (muslims) originally. Thus, the messenger shall serve as a witness among you, and you shall serve as witnesses among the people. Therefore, you shall observe the contact prayers (Salat) and give the obligatory charity (Zakat), and hold fast to God; He is your Lord, the best Lord and the best Supporter.

Quran 22, verse 78

Mohamed's only mission was to deliver the Quran to mankind.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716290 09/26/11 03:15 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Throughout the Quran Islam is referred to as 'millat Ibrahim' ~ religion of Abraham.

Who would forsake the religion of Abraham except one who fools his own soul? We have chosen him in this world and in the Hereafter he will be with the righteous.
Quran 2, verse 130

Mohamed was inspired to follow the religion of Abraham showing that the practice of prayer etc were known to the people.

Then we inspired you to follow the religion of Abraham, the monotheist, he never was an idol worshiper.
Quran 16, verse 123

Mohamed will say when we are all called to judgement...

... "My Lord, my people have deserted this Quran."
Quran 25, verse 30

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716697 09/28/11 08:36 AM
S
S
It is fact that the religion of Islam is the religion of Ibrahim PBUH and all the prophets incited to submit to the one God, Allah, which is the same religion as Islam. But there was no practice of Islam which Ibrahim PBUH taught. People were worshiping idles and going around the Kaba;h naked until the Quran prohibited such act. There was no practice of prayers or other rituals or worship as Mohammad PBUH taught. If anyone has doubt about what the prophet has said and taught then the Quran was also brought through Mohammad and people who have doubt about Mohammad are doubting the Quran as Mohammad was the one who was first to say it. Ibrahim PBUH said: Al-Baqara [2:129] رَبَّنَا وَابْعَثْ فِيهِمْ رَسُولاً مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِكَ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ إِنَّكَ أَنتَ العَزِيزُ الحَكِيمُ Rabbana waibAAath feehim rasoolan minhum yatloo AAalayhim ayatika wayuAAallimuhumu alkitaba waalhikmata wayuzakkeehim innaka anta alAAazeezu alhakeemu 2:129 "Our Lord! send amongst them an Messenger of their own, who shall rehearse Thy Signs to them and instruct them in scripture and wisdom, and sanctify them: For Thou art the Exalted in Might, the Wise." Another verse also said: Al-Jumu'ah [62:2] هُوَ الَّذِي بَعَثَ فِي الْأُمِّيِّينَ رَسُولًا مِّنْهُمْ يَتْلُو عَلَيْهِمْ آيَاتِهِ وَيُزَكِّيهِمْ وَيُعَلِّمُهُمُ الْكِتَابَ وَالْحِكْمَةَ وَإِن كَانُوا مِن قَبْلُ لَفِي ضَلَالٍ مُّبِينٍ Huwa allathee baAAatha fee alommiyyeena rasoolan minhum yatloo AAalayhim ayatihi wayuzakkeehim wayuAAallimuhumu alkitaba waalhikmata wain kanoo min qablu lafee dalalin mubeenin 62:2 It is He Who has sent amongst the Unlettered an apostle from among themselves, to rehearse to them His Signs, to sanctify them, and to instruct them in Scripture and Wisdom,- although they had been, before, in manifest error;- What would you say about the verses which tell Muslims to obey Mohammad and how would someone obey another person without listening to his words: يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَطِيعُواْ اللّهَ وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ وَأُوْلِي الأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ فَإِن تَنَازَعْتُمْ فِي شَيْءٍ فَرُدُّوهُ إِلَى اللّهِ وَالرَّسُولِ إِن كُنتُمْ تُؤْمِنُونَ بِاللّهِ وَالْيَوْمِ الآخِرِ ذَلِكَ خَيْرٌ وَأَحْسَنُ تَأْوِيلاً Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo ateeAAoo Allaha waateeAAoo alrrasoola waolee alamri minkum fain tanazaAAtum fee shayin faruddoohu ila Allahi waalrrasooli in kuntum tuminoona biAllahi waalyawmi alakhiri thalika khayrun waahsanu taweelan 4:59 O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final determination. 5:92 Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger's duty to proclaim (the message) in the clearest manner. 24:54 Say: "Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger. but if ye turn away, he is only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger's duty is only to preach the clear (Message). 47:33 O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the apostle, and make not vain your deeds! At-Taghabun [64:12] 64:12 So obey Allah, and obey His Messenger. but if ye turn back, the duty of Our Messenger is but to proclaim (the Message) 48:29 Muhammad is the apostle of Allah. and those who are with him are strong against Unbelievers, (but) compassionate amongst each other. Thou wilt see them bow and prostrate themselves (in prayer), seeking Grace from Allah and (His) Good Pleasure. On their faces are their marks, (being) the traces of their prostration. This is their similitude in the Taurat; and their similitude in the Gospel is: like a seed which sends forth its blade, then makes it strong; it then becomes thick, and it stands on its own stem, (filling) the sowers with wonder and delight. As a result, it fills the Unbelievers with rage at them. Allah has promised those among them who believe and do righteous deeds forgiveness, and a great Reward. 33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things. 2:143 Thus, have We made of you an Ummat justly balanced, that ye might be witnesses over the nations, and the Messenger a witness over yourselves; and We appointed the Qibla to which thou wast used, only to test those who followed the Messenger from those who would turn on their heels (From the Faith). Indeed it was (A change) momentous, except to those guided by Allah. And never would Allah Make your faith of no effect. For Allah is to all people Most surely full of kindness, Most Merciful. 4:41 How then if We brought from each people a witness, and We brought thee as a witness against these people! Again if rhere is doubt in what Mohammed taught then we are douting the Quran Peace

Student4ever #716776 09/28/11 01:53 PM
S
S
The scripts were Arabic verses which I pasted and seemed fine until were submitted then it turned to scripts. Will not use Arabic afterwards, Apologies

Linda19 #717277 10/01/11 04:49 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
To obey the prophet is to follow ONLY the Quran as the prophet did. Mohamed's only mission was to deliver the Quran to all mankind and God says that God is the teacher of the Quran.

To obey Mohamed when he was alive is acceptable, to obey a dead man is what? IMPOSSIBLE.

God knew that human beings would idolise the prophet and that they would write lies about him, that is why God says in the Quran that the only hadith and sunnah, is God's hadith and sunnah.

As I am neither a sunni or a shia the hadiths are totally irrelevant to my faith. I have the Quran, I have God as a Teacher and that is all I need.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #717302 10/01/11 09:22 AM
S
S
Peace Linda, I am not talking about Sunni or Shia but my reference her is the Quran as you do. While I agree with that there is no idolatry in Islam and no one should be idolized and it is clear Shirk to idolize anything; but following and learning the example of the prophet is not idolizing. By obeying the prophet, it is actually following the Quran as he was inspired to teach the Muslims and the world. That requires knowing and learning about how he practiced the Quran. Indeed it is actually the Quran that says obey the prophet but it never said obey him only when he is alive. If I buy a machine or any piece of equipment, it becomes lot easier for me to learn how to use this machine by watching someone operating it which helps me in using it correctly and to help avoid breaking it, which renders it useless. If that process was recorded or video taped, more people could certainly benefit from this demonstration. Not only that but it will definitely help everyone who watches it even after the person who demonstrated and videotaped it was dead and that does not make it an idolizing to the operator. Quran instructs us to follow the example and the teachings of the prophet as he was sent to demonstrate how to practice the religion: 2:151 Even as We have sent unto you an apostle from among yourselves to convey unto you Our messages, and to cause you to grow in purity, and to impart unto you revelation and wisdom, and to teach you that which you knew not. 33:21 VERILY, in the Apostle of God you have a good example for everyone who looks forward [with hope and awe] to God and the Last Day, and remembers God unceasingly. 33:36 Now whenever God and His Apostle have decided a matter, it is not for a believing man or a believing woman to claim freedom of choice insofar as they themselves are concerned: for he who [thus] rebels against God and His Apostle has already, most obviously, gone astray. 33:56 Verily, God and His angels send blessings on the Prophet: [hence,] O you who have attained to faith, bless him (saying SallaAllahuAlyhiWassallam; Peace and Blessing of Allah be Upon Him)and give yourselves up [to his guidance] in utter self-surrender 33:57 Verily, as for those who [knowingly] affront God and His Apostle - God will reject [73] them in this world and in the life to come; and shameful suffering will He ready for them. 33:69 O ye who believe! Be ye not like those who vexed and insulted Moses, but Allah cleared him of the (calumnies) they had uttered; and he was honorable in Allah's sight. As you know, the most important thing in Islam is being the middle way, not to any extreme, i.e., as we are required not to idolize the prophet, we are required to obey him and love and respect him (as well as all prophets) as a human chosen by Allah to convey his message, the message of Ibrahim and all the prophets, peace be upon them all; we do not differentiate between any of them. 2:136 Say ye: "We believe in Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Isma'il, Isaac, Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between one and another of them: And we bow to Allah (in Islam) 2:285 THE APOSTLE, and the believers with him, believe in what has been bestowed upon him from on high by his Sustainer: they all believe in God, and His angels, and His revelations, and His apostles, making no distinction between any of His apostles; and they say: We have heard, and we pay heed. Grant us Thy forgiveness, O our Sustainer, for with Thee is all journeys'. Peace and Blessing

Linda19 #717318 10/01/11 10:50 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Peace Student

There is no instruction in the Quran to obey any prophet after his death. There is no instruction in the Quran for Mohamed to teach the Quran to anyone because God tells us the He is the Teacher of the Quran. Mohamed followed the Quran by obeying it and following it to the letter not by making up his own religion by writing hadiths.

Idolatry is rife amongst Muslims today who idolise Mohamed in the same way that Christians idolise Jesus Christ. They give Mohamed more credit than God does in the Quran. They put his name in the declaration of faith and the prayers when God says they are for Him alone.

As for obeying Mohamed, I will ask you again, how do you obey a man who has been dead for 1400 years? And who authorised the writing of hadith?

Before I became a Muslim I was a Christian, I left Christianity because of the idolatry of the prophet Jesus. I came to Islam because this is where God led me, not Mohamed. Jesus and Mohamed have never had anything to do with my faith other than for the scriptures they both received. They were God's prophets, they did God's will. They are now both dead and no longer on this Earth. You cannot obey dead people. That is only logical and the hadiths, they were written by other humans, not Mohamed or God. They are just speculation and conjecture. All of them say things like, so and so said that so and so said that Mohamed may have said, that is hearsay, Chinese whispers. Mohamed never actually said any of them, but if there is one I like it is this one:

"Do not write anything from me; whoever has written anything from me other than the Quran let him erase it." (Narrated by Muslim, al-Zuhd wa'l-Raqaa'iq, 5326)

It is such a shame this hadith has been ignored by those who claim to follow the hadiths. He clearly says in the above hadith not to write them and if you have erase them. Why are Muslims ignoring this hadith? Is it one of the unreliable hadiths?

Mohamed was the final prophet and his only mission was to deliver the final scripture to the world. Not to teach it or to change it as the hadiths have done. God is the ONLY Teacher of the Quran (55:2).

Corruption and idolatry is as rife in Islam as it is in all religion today. God tells us to depend ONLY on Him, to believe ONLY Him and to worship ONLY Him. Today Mohamed has become as much a god as God himself with the attribution of hadiths to his name which is also added to the shahada and the prayer.

Muslims have disobeyed God when he tells them in the Quran not to divide into sects. Look what is happening in Islam today, shia think they follow the pure Islam, sunni say their way is the only way, and the multitude of other sects claim their way is the path of God. Today Muslims are killing each other because no one obeys God, they would rather listen to conjecture then kill someone who disagrees with them.

There is only one Islam (submission to the will of ONE god) and that religion belongs to God not sunni or shia or kamiliyah or saltiyah sects, or to the Saudi Arabians who seem to have laid claim to all the rites of Islam. God guides and God teaches, not the thugs who claim to lead Islam today. There are no leaders in Islam except God.

I appreciate you trying to teach me the way you follow Islam but it is really down to each and every one of us to find our own way. We do not need other humans to teach us the word of God, He is the ONLY reliable Teacher.

I write about what interests me which is Islam and Holistic Health. I do not expect others to follow what I say or even believe what I say, but for me God is the only Teacher of the Quran.

The messenger said, "My Lord my people have deserted this Quran."

Quran 25:30

God bless

Linda Heywood

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.