Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Linda19 #712566 09/05/11 07:08 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Say nothing happens to us, except what God has decreed for us. He is our Lord and Master. In God the believers shall trust.

9:51

Linda Heywood

Sponsored Post Advertisement
Linda19 #712567 09/05/11 07:10 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
There is not a creature on Earth whose provision is not guaranteed by God. And He knows its course and its final destination. All are recorded in a profound record.

Quran 11:6

Linda Heywood

Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
We did not send any messenger except to preach in a tongue of his people, in order to clarify things. God then sends astray whomever He wills, and guides whomever He wills. He is the Almighty, the Most Wise.

Quran 14, verse 4

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #715410 09/21/11 01:03 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Today my faith is leading me along the path of compassion. Care for those around you. Appreciate the moment.

Kind words and compassion are better than charity that is followed with an insult. God is Rich, Clement.

Quran 2, verse 263

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #715529 09/22/11 10:56 AM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
If anyone thinks that God cannot support him in this life and in the Hearafter, let him turn complete to God in Heaven and sever his dependence on anyone else. He will then see that this plan eliminates anything that bothers him.

Quran 22, verse 15

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716065 09/25/11 01:57 PM
S
S
Peace Linda, I come across your articles on Bellaonline and I was touched with your words and approaches. When I read your response to Sakinaassidiq, I got the feeling that you would not consider the Sunnah. I believe the Sunnah is what teaches Muslims the way to pray, to fast, to do hajj and to give the Zakah plus doing the other details of things which were all taught by Mohammad (PBUH). In other words, the Quran did not spell out all the details of doing things but gave direction to follow Mohammad (PBUH)for learning the details. 33:21 Ye have indeed in the Messenger of Allah a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in Allah and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of Allah. Many other verses also invite the Muslims to obey Allah and his messenger. Without being of any offense, I look forward to learn from you.

Student4ever #716077 09/25/11 04:38 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Peace Student4ever

Thank you for your post and welcome to the Islam Forum.

God tells us that the Quran is a fully detailed book and that nothing has been left out of it. Everything we need to know is in the Quran, the details for prayer, fasting, ablution, pilgrimage, charity they are all written in detail in the Quran, and I have written about all of them on the BellaOnline Islam Site.

Mohamed only followed the Quran and to obey Mohamed is to follow the Quran as he did and as God instructs. Also God tells us that He is the Teacher of the Quran, not Mohamed, he was only the messenger.

I always ask people who insist that I follow hadith and sunnah the same question. Who authorised these people to write down these words hundreds of years after the death of the prophet? No one has yet given me an answer, yet the Quran makes it clear that the only hadith, and the only sunnah are God's and that God's word alone, the Quran, is what Mohamed followed and what we should follow. God tells us that the Quran is NOT a FABRICATED hadith.

I hope this explains why I will never submit to the so called sunnah and hadith which I honestly believe degrade and humiliate the prophet. There is even an hadith which says...

"Do not write anything from me; whoever has written anything from me other than the Qur�an let him erase it." (Narrated by Muslim, al-Zuhd wa'l-Raqaa'iq, 5326)

I look forward to further discussions with you about faith, please feel free to write anything you wish about Islam. We are all here to learn from each other.

God Bless

Last edited by Linda - Islam; 09/25/11 04:39 PM.

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716079 09/25/11 04:43 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
Therefore you shall glorify God when you retire at night and when you rise in the morning.

Quran 30, verse 17

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716081 09/25/11 04:48 PM
Linda19 Offline OP
Chipmunk
OP Offline
Chipmunk
A prophecy still to come from the Quran.

Therefore, watch for the day when the sky brings a profound smoke. It will envelope the people, this is a painful retribution. "Our Lord relieve this retribution for us, we are believers." Now that it is too late, they remember! An enlightening messenger had come to them. But they turned away from him saying, "Well educated but crazy!" We will relieve the retribution for a while, you will soon revert.

Quran 44, verses 10-15

Linda Heywood

Linda19 #716129 09/26/11 12:42 AM
S
S
Peace Linda, It is nice to be on the Islam forum. I am glad that you are quoting the Hadeeth which prohibited writing the Hadeeth at the time when the Quran was still in revelation to prevent any interferences. Hadeeth was documented later with strict criteria to indicate the level of authenticity of each Hadeeth. Until today specialized Hadeeth scholars could verify the authenticity of any Hadeeth. It is a fact that nothing is similar to the Quran and allah did not omit anything from it. Quran is the word of Allah and no human could bring a single verse similar to it even the prophet PBUH. The Quran requires Muslims to inquire about what they do not know from the people who have the knowledge. 16:43 And before thee also the apostles We sent were but men, to whom We granted inspiration: if ye realise this not, ask of those who possess the Message. The practice of the prophet and his Sunnah is what shows people how to practice Islam and how to live according to the Quran. It is from the mercy of Allah that he sent a man as a messenger to show people how to live according to the Quran. He was a man not an Angel so that people should be able to imitate him and practice what the Quran teaches them and the Quran instructed Muslims to follow the Prophet as a model in applying the Quran and to follow his practice. 3:31 Say: "If ye do love Allah, Follow me: Allah will love you and forgive you your sins: For Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." e.g., the time of the different 5 prayers and the number of Raka'at and movements in each prayer could not be found in the Quran. Similarly, the details of performing Hajj is not fully detailed in the Quran and it fully detailed by the example of the prophet. Therefore, the model which applied the Quran and practiced it needs to be documented and to be taught so that the generations could still apply and practice the Quran over the different eras of life on this earth. Again, it is nice to be on your forum. Peace and Blessings

Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.