Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J

A very warm welcome to the Self Development Forum !

Most women carry handbags yet one of the things that most people (men and women) wonder is �What is in YOURS ?�

This self development article gives insight into what is carried in handbags. Even more interesting is why your self esteem and self confidence is so connected with the content of your bags!

See: What is in YOUR Handbag?

I'd love to receive your feedback so do add your comments, queries, thoughts, etc., to this Forum thread. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
I carry a small wallet in my pocket.The only time that I carry a handbag is to a formal occasion, like a wedding or funeral.

For me a handbag is more trouble than it's worth. It's one more thing to keep track of, and I don't want to fight with somebody who is trying to steal it!

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Shark
Shark
I don't have a true 'handbag' in the traditional sense. My cousin made me an ocean themed knapsack type deal that I use as a purse/knapsack. I can hold the handles or slip it over one shoulder or both. It accumulates so much stuff my honey calls it the bermuda triangle!

What I -do- know is in it for sure.
orange
Silver dragon bill clip
strawberry lip gloss
listerine cinnamon strips
strawberry bubble gum
nail file
pictures of my furries, my honey, nieces and nephews
hair elastics and pins
blue pen
loose change
purple dog clicker
extra leash
keys
sandwich bag of training treats
lucky tiger's eye bracelet
and well the rest comes and goes like the flow of the tide till I clean it out once or twice a month!

Elephant
Elephant
Interesting article! I don't carry much in my handbag but would have no issue with somebody going through it. They would find:

wallet with atm cards, discount cards, receipts, some cash
coin purse with lots of change
mini rosary
scarf
iphone
car and house keys
burts bees lip balm
lip gloss
tampons and mini pads
hair elastics
reading glasses (sometimes)

When I ask my boyfriend to hand me something from my purse he always brings me my purse and refuses to ever go in it. He says that's private.

If somebody asked to see my iphone that would be another story! I had a friend just help herself to my phone once and she looked through all my pics. I felt so violated. I thought that was so rude of her. Does anybody else feel this way about their iphone or smart phone?

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Shark
Shark
ok me smart--now I realized there's an article to read! It's interesting actually. I don't really care if someone did go through my knapsack. When I tell my honey the wanted keys or money is in there, I get a groan and, "Do I HAVE to go through that thing?! Something might bite me in there!"
Frankly, Al would rather I dropped a hair pin the exhaust manifold of the car before sticking a hand in my knapsack, lol. *smack erase dirty mind after that statement* lmao
To which I answer the same way. I dump it upside down on the kitchen table and say "there ya go--sissy."
I guess being the oldest of 2 brothers and 4 sisters, I've rarely gotten an ounce of privacy so it's never occurred to me to care if they were in my purse, unless of course something went missing.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: Connie - ADD/Sandwiches
Re: What is in YOUR Handbag?

I carry a small wallet in my pocket. The only time that I carry a handbag is to a formal occasion, like a wedding or funeral...

Hi Connie, to be able to carry around everything you need in a "small wallet" shows just how organised you are! (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter

I don't have a true 'handbag' in the traditional sense. My cousin made me an ocean themed knapsack type deal that I use as a purse/knapsack�It accumulates so much stuff my honey calls it the bermuda triangle!...I don't really care if someone did go through my knapsack. When I tell my honey the wanted keys or money is in there, I get a groan and, "Do I HAVE to go through that thing?! Something might bite me in there!"...

That is so funny! Also, not many people would carry the following - purple dog clicker, extra leash, sandwich bag of training treats, etc. (JOY)

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: ExerciseEditor

Interesting article! I don't carry much in my handbag but would have no issue with somebody going through it...When I ask my boyfriend to hand me something from my purse he always brings me my purse and refuses to ever go in it. He says that's private.

If somebody asked to see my iphone that would be another story! I had a friend just help herself to my phone once and she looked through all my pics. I felt so violated. I thought that was so rude of her. Does anybody else feel this way about their iphone or smart phone?

Hi Monica, I find it fascinating that partners, spouses, family, etc., find handbags so private. Your comment about phones is interesting. I wonder what our BellaOnline readers feel about this?? (JOY)

Shark
Shark
Yea, my girls need to be in top shape so I've always brought a clicker with me.
As for the extra leash and treats, well I used to live in dodgy neighborhood. People's dogs would be allowed to roam and many would get lost. I spent almost every day on Craig's list for 3 years posting dog found! On the upside, 98% of them had owners that called within a couple hours of listing.
I live in a nicer neighborhood now in my cozy condo so the carry over of extra leash and treats is more habit than anything.
I'm a rules dictator when it comes to dogs. Dogs should only be off leash in a fenced in area, or far from roads or traffic. The only exception is if your dog has 100% recall.
I loathe chi owners who pretend their little dog isn't a dog--as in pick it up like a baby, bring it in stores and restaurants, don't bother with a leash and let the little dog snarl, snap and get away with behavior that a dog even 10 lbs heavier could never do.
If I see this, I will snap the extra leash on the 'little darlings' collar and let the owner know that she has a dog in her arms, not a child.
*looks up* wow I typed all that?! yikes.

J
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Parakeet
J
Originally Posted By: great_grandaughter

Yea, my girls need to be in top shape so I've always brought a clicker with me...I'm a rules dictator when it comes to dogs. Dogs should only be off leash in a fenced in area, or far from roads or traffic. The only exception is if your dog has 100% recall...

�100% recall�? Wow, can that actually be measured scientifically? I am now picturing dogs on Games Shows being used by their owners to recall what they saw on the 'moving belt' some minutes ago! (JOY)

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  JOY (Self Development) 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Bandana Essentials
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:26 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:10 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/30/24 08:06 PM
French Open Tennis Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 05/30/24 01:20 AM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/29/24 05:24 PM
Outside the Box Sewing
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/25/24 12:37 PM
Fabric Flowers for Spring
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/15/24 10:40 PM
Review - Animated Illustrations by Jamie Bartlett
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/14/24 02:52 PM
Review - Adobe Animate Essential Training
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:15 PM
Learn EVERYTHING about Creating Repeat Patterns
by Digital Art and Animation - 05/12/24 05:04 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.