Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Monica, I love your approach to life. The professional gambler quote is hilarious.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Hi Dina, I like this. I think, in my case, I got so reliant on my job, I just expected it to take care of me. Forever.

If we always have the idea in the back of our mind though that things change, we can plan ahead. Maybe get the 15 year mortgage instead of the 30 year. Start that savings account, and don't go crazy with credit cards. That was my problem. I worked, made great money, and just figured that's how it would always be.

My husband does very well in his 8-5 job. He's not the kind of person who could be self employed. So I'm very grateful for his "regular" job. For sure!! laugh

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I agree. The problem is, I mean I graduated, not long ago, and then the post grad life just scared me. I had no idea where I should go and although a job is technically not that secure, it provides one with a sense of "I'm doing something". Specially before starting a family I guess.

What advice would you give? What would you have done if you had the chance to plan ahead?

Elephant
Elephant
Not all jobs are evil. I've had some pretty fun ones in high school and college and I've had many in my life and at times they are exactly what you need and I totally get the feeling you're talking about Dina "I'm doing something" and paying my bills!

If I had the chance to plan ahead I would have focused on finding something that made me happy instead of trying to find a job for security which was always my issue.

All the jobs I've had since graduating from college were 100% for security but I did learn a lot. The weird thing is they led me back to what I'm doing now which is writing, running websites, and having fun.

If I had to do it over I would never work in these jobs again

marketing director at credit union
graphic design for exporting company
personal trainer at Bally's
fitness manager at big name health club (refuse to name it)
personal trainer at small health club
weight loss counselor at diet company
sales associat at treadmill store
personal trainer at small private studio

I would have just stuck with fitness writing and running my own fitness therapy business from the start but I can't stand bosses. That's an issue for me that isn't an issue for many. Figure out what type of work situation works best for you from the start and you'll find what makes you happy much faster. Took me 18 years to figure it out shocked so don't worry it all comes together eventually laugh

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 06/10/11 11:57 AM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thanks for the advice. That's what I'm trying to do by writing about fashion which sounds crazy for many of my friends because they would never do anything for free, much less writing.

I hate bosses too I agree, but some are better than others. You just have to think you will be a boss one day (hopefully). Well, I guess whatever works for us and makes us happy must be right. You're right, it's never okay to get a job and feel miserable just to pay the bills, you need to get creative.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Deanna:

Thanks for the compliment about my site - it is my passion!

I use to be the Bella Writing Editor and had to resign due to having too much going on right now. And I should be in the bed right now getting some sleep in preparation for my graveyard shift 11pm to 7am tonight(lol).

I am so GLAD to see that other folks are finally contributing to this site. I just found out a few weeks ago that they lost their unemployment editor. I am sure someone will step into her place soon.

Okay, let me go get my zzzz's sleep

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 06/10/11 01:14 PM.
Elephant
Elephant
Hey Dina

You can do anything. I've seen people run super successful sites on doll clothing or men's fashion advice so if they can do that then you can certainly be successful at giving fun fashion advice.

A girl I met a while back runs an entire site on jeans. It's one of the highest ranks sites on the internet and very successful too. Check it out. Jeans and Accessories

The trick is finding your niche. If you need help with this let me know.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I will certainly try that! I just need more time to get more writing and stuff. I'm sure I can go to you for help, I always learn from all the editors here. smile You ladies are awesome

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Originally Posted By: Dina - Women's Fashion
I agree. The problem is, I mean I graduated, not long ago, and then the post grad life just scared me. I had no idea where I should go and although a job is technically not that secure, it provides one with a sense of "I'm doing something". Specially before starting a family I guess.

What advice would you give? What would you have done if you had the chance to plan ahead?

If I could do it over I would open a savings account and not run up a bunch of credit.

I liked Monica's list, so I'm going to make my own LOL!

I wouldn't have gone to work for the mortgage company. I would have lived at home a couple more years, got some fun job and moved out with a room mate or something. I then would have started honing my craft.

Of course, if I did that, would I be saying right now, "well, I would have gone to college." Then if I did that... who knows LOL!!

Maybe it's better for me to realize I'm where I am now because of my experiences laugh And for good or ill, they helped me grow.

So, yeah Dina, I'd just open a savings account LOL!!!

Deanna Joseph

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Angela, I hope you're having a good sleep! laugh

Deanna Joseph

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.