Print Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Oh, lol, I totally hate carpet too! I think it's a essentially growth medium for microrganisms. Blech.

Is the DE safe to use on/around a one month old kitten?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
DE safe for kittens: Yup it sure is. smile

Carpet - omg it's the worst thing to have in a house ... the worst. The house I live in was covered in it - even in the bathroom shocked

Have laid ceramic tile in every room now save one(better than wood flooring in desert climate where I happen to live). And believe you me it's high up on the hit list ... I tell you!

I look forward to reading your comments.

The evolution of humankind can be measured by how its animals are treated.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
OMG YUCK on bathroom carpet. Egads. That would be like carpet in the kitchen. I like flooring, whatever kind is not carpet, and the occasional throw rug that I can wash and hang in the UV light of the sun.

Dh and I have a bad habit of ripping out carpet wherever we live. We always feel we are doing the landlords a favor. smile

hey I am in Arizona too. Camp Verde. We have bad cedar gnats (no see ums). how might i use DE for those biting gnats?

Tiger
Tiger
LOL, I was in total agreement with you until I got to #10. I don't know about anyone else, but the few times I needed financial help from the government, I did not qualify smile Other than that, your list works for me. Thanks wink

Originally Posted By: Jilly
okay, here are some of my most useful IMO tips -

1. Cancel the cable bill and watch everything on Hulu.com (free) or Netflicks.com (subscription based).

2. Don't drive to places that are within a reasonable walk. If you must drive, combine your errands. Or order things online and skip driving for errands totally.

3.Collect your rainwater for garden/yard use, and to use in emergencies.

4. Compost your food and yard wastes for free mulch!

5. Buy clothes, linens and housewares at thrift stores - never buy new if you don't have to.

6. Create a price book and stock up on food items when the loss leader sales (or excellent coupons) come around.

7. Before you buy, always ask yourself if you need that thing. If yes, see if you can find it cheaper somewhere. There are actually apps for that. smile

8. Don't bother with a landline phone - a simple cell phone is more useful. Or just use Skype for free.

9. Wear sunscreen. smile No, really. It's cheaper than skin cancer.

10. Don't be ashamed to ask for financial help from the government if you need it.

Okay that's ten things.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 06/05/11 08:59 PM.
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Thanks Angela. Yeah i should caveat that you have to qualify. smile

I was kind of making a joke about the sunscreen, based on the famous Wear Sunscreen graduation speech by (not) Kurt Vonnegut.

But it is still sound advice. smile

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I'm down in Arizona City - by Casa Grande smile On the internet that makes us practically backyard neighbors! wink

Gnats. Ok I would suggest getting one of those garden feeder bottles putting DE in it and spray the buggers. DE will get rid of gnats but they are tricky winged things. They are also attracted to water, put a bowl of water on top of your cement block fence if you have one and add DE to the water.

Smoke em out. Smolder a fire in your pit when you are not using the outdoors. Gad, just the thought of this is painful lol

Make a sweet spot in an area you do not normally use. Water down honey and put DE over it ... that will act like a bug motel for many pests.

Put DE on top of your head. Rub in hair. Those that bother you won't for long. Once bugs with exoskeleton are exposed to DE it's done - they are exposed and it is fatal.

This might rub some the wrong way but another good way is to use cat/dog feces. Place in an area and cover with DE. Bugs are attracted and exposed.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
LOL, Deb. You made me giggle with the firepit comment. It's 98 here today. I guess by you that means 106.

Okay i want to rub cat feces in my hair now. heh. No no, DE. heeheehee.

I seriously need to buy some of that. not pool grade...so where do i get some? ACE hardware is close to me. or is that a buy online thing.

Oh, and HI neighbor!

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Camp Verde Feed & Country Store Inc Phone: 928 567 3351 - They have it in stock.

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
Oh, and Hi ... lol smile

Deb Duxbury
Animal Life Editor

Animal Life Forum
Facebook Page
Twitter
Shark
Shark
Originally Posted By: Jilly
Great Grandaughter, those are awesome tips.

When you say douse the rolls in catnip, do you mean rub the herbs on them, or make a tea and dip them in it, or something else?

I like the idea of using food containers for moist pet treats. Mine are never moist by the end. This will make my pets happier. smile

Water and milk jugs have so many uses, these should be a book! smile

Great idea on the toiletries packaging for gifts. We often don't think outside the 'bag.'

Also, love your avatar photo! What are your dogs' names?

Thanks Jilly,
I have a bag of nip that I dip and roll the ends into. My old kitty boy Sable can't manage hard treats anymore at 15 yrs old so a hand coffee can --with lid keeps treats tender.
My red girl on the left is Muggle from harry potter because she acts like everything must be magic,lol. Sadie is the brindle beauty on the right who's so smart it amazes me. They're both rescues from For The Love of Dog here New England. I noticed you were curious about the catnip--do you have cats? Name? age? Can't help it, I love the furries!

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Jilly 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.