logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#682335 04/29/11 12:21 PM
OP Offline
I hear a lot of people saying that people who have HIV should disclose their status to people who they are about to be intimate with. My question surrounds the likeliness of acceptance if this is done. Who is going to continue with sex once that cat is out of the bag? The hardest part of having HIV/AIDS is the stigma attached to having the virus. Most people don't have the facts about HIV/AIDS; their information is based on here-say and rumor. How can someone who has HIV/AIDS honestly be expected to be honest against odds like that? It is easy to say what you would do because you are not in the situation. But when faced with those odds where you have to make yourself vulnerable to someone who may reject you because of something that is out of your realm of control.... you may find yourself doing the exact opposite.....

Sincerely, Jontay
AIDS/HIV
AIDS & HIV Forum

Be Protected... Get Educated... Stay ALIVE!

"In order to succeed, simply act as though it is impossible to fail."
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Tiger
Tiger
Jontay, I would tell my "potential" or "existing" partner - but I understand what you said. Yes, I would face the possibility of him leaving me, but I just could not lie about my issue. And the sad part is that although they call themselves "testing" body part donations and blood, I have been hearing about alot of tainted stuff slipping through. I guess there is no 100 percent way to test, but I will continue to do my yearly testing. Great subject smile
Originally Posted By: Jontay HIVandAIDS
I hear a lot of people saying that people who have HIV should disclose their status to people who they are about to be intimate with. My question surrounds the likeliness of acceptance if this is done. Who is going to continue with sex once that cat is out of the bag? The hardest part of having HIV/AIDS is the stigma attached to having the virus. Most people don't have the facts about HIV/AIDS; their information is based on here-say and rumor. How can someone who has HIV/AIDS honestly be expected to be honest against odds like that? It is easy to say what you would do because you are not in the situation. But when faced with those odds where you have to make yourself vulnerable to someone who may reject you because of something that is out of your realm of control.... you may find yourself doing the exact opposite.....

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Jontay,

Great topic! Keep it up!

Tuculia Washington, Daughters Editor
Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
�Making a difference in the world one person at a time�
OP Offline
[quote=Angela J. Shirley]Jontay, I would tell my "potential" or "existing" partner - but I understand what you said. Yes, I would face the possibility of him leaving me, but I just could not lie about my issue. And the sad part is that although they call themselves "testing" body part donations and blood, I have been hearing about alot of tainted stuff slipping through. I guess there is no 100 percent way to test, but I will continue to do my yearly testing. Great subject smile

What about a one night stand? What about the people who say if you don't ask, why should I tell? I have been in the heat of the moment myself and am woman enough to admit that I have not asked if they had any sexually transmitted diseases. Didn't care at the moment either.....

Sincerely, Jontay
AIDS/HIV
AIDS & HIV Forum

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hey Jontay,

I will say, that this was a very good topic to post! I will continue to drop by to see the comments because this is a sticky topic. Great post
!
computer

Last edited by TCW; 05/02/11 10:03 PM.

Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
Tiger
Tiger
Hi Jontay:

Yes, those "one night" stands (lol).

I guess because I grew up in Jamaica, West Indies I did not have those and continued on with the same way of living when I moved to the United States.

Yes, they are exciting, but I have never been one for the excitement.

Not telling your partner about having HIV/Aids does happen and again like we both agreed, you can only do YOUR part and hope that by doing this, you have PROTECTED yourself.

And remember, years back, it was not in our faces as much - not sure if it even existed?

I was born in 1958 - was HIV/Aids around then?

OP Offline
I believe it was around... just not well known. But that is just my two cents....

Sincerely, Jontay
AIDS/HIV
AIDS & HIV Forum

Tiger
Tiger
Hi Jontay:

Maybe with more testing being available it came to the front of the medical arena.

Either way, it is a life sentence and even with ways to prolong your life, it does not take away the fact that you die eventually.

BellaOnline Editor
Koala
BellaOnline Editor
Koala
Hi Jontay,

I love the feedback that this topic is getting. Angela, you made very good points, but know, the more people become educated, the more people will get tested.

Daughters Website
Daughters Forum

Live, Laugh and Love
Tiger
Tiger
You are so right Tuculia and I am glad that we have Jontay here smile

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.