Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
I honestly think that the title of this thread is offensive. If the man who came up with this garbage is white then he has just proved the inaccuracy of his case, as he is clearly an idiot.

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/30/11 03:55 AM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
�If you could detect it pre-natally, could a woman abort a child who was homosexual? I said they should have the right to, because most women want to have grandchildren, period. We can�t do it, but it�s common sense. Anyways,� he says, shaking his head wearily, �it was a bad day when that headline hit. I was just arguing for the freedom of women to try and have the children they want, not what is right or wrong.�

The above quote is from the same guy, James Watson, who along with Crick, discovered the double helix DNA molecule. Obviously a dedicated scientist - but that doesn't stop him shouting his mouth off about things he doesn't understand. He's in his 80s and it shows.

The fact that Fox News picked out the white clever, blacks not, drivel just shows their own bias, because if you look up the original 2007 article, in the London Sunday Times,you'll see he said a whole heap of inflammatory nonsense. For example - you should genetically modify females so that all girls are pretty. He is obviously focused on science to the detriment of sociology, ethics and common sense.

He also said this - always have a good story, and never be the brightest in the room. Looks like he's got both of those covered!!!

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/30/11 03:58 AM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Amoeba
Amoeba
Originally Posted By: Eileen Brit TV
I honestly think that the title of this thread is offensive. If the man who came up with this garbage is white then he has just proved the inaccuracy of his case, as he is clearly an idiot.

Ha ha ha ha -- I agree totally! with Eileen that is (NOT the title)

BellaOnline Editor
Shark
BellaOnline Editor
Shark
Thank you m'dear! smile

I know it's black (!) humour, but when I re-read my post, I must admit it made me laugh too. But then - what can you do in the face of bigotry and ignorance? Have a good laugh - oh, after making sure you know what you're talking about, which is why I went back to the original article (and this thread is two years old) to see what the old man was blathering on about.

He made world history when he discovered the shape of the DNA molecule - though there was some controversy about who did it first. That doesn't make him an expert on anthropology, the nature of human intelligence and social dynamics/ethics. If you read the article he is clearly a boffin - clever in his own field but beyond that racist, homophobic and sexist. Nice!

Also so much of social interaction depends on politics and quite honestly, prevalent fashion. Maybe he needs to keep up with the times. (As well as the Times!!).

Yo, innit!!! wall

Last edited by Eileen Brit TV; 03/30/11 02:09 PM.

Eileen O�Sullivan
BritishTelevision Ed
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.