Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
BellaOnline Editor
I think ranking humans is inherently difficult. Is child one somehow more important than child two? Really, they are important in different ways. If you do not have kids, try ranking pets. Hopefully it presents the same challenge. Yes my boyfriend is important but I have only been with him 16 years. My sister has relied on me for 40.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Pets are easy. In this order: Cameron, John Crichton, MeiMei and Charles Tucker. And I adopted out Samwise and Logan. smile

Anyway, I am getting out. I would not mind someone who put me first.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/22/11 12:29 AM.
Tiger
Tiger
You give me hope that one day this will happen to me.

Originally Posted By: All about improvement
I feel like every relationship is different. What works for one relationship doesn't have to work for the other. It depends on the couple. I have come second to my husbands family for a long time. I wasn't happy with it at all. It got to the point to where I was ready to leave. And thats when my husband realized that he had his own family to worry about besides his brothers and sister and now I think he loves me more than ever. The fear of loss is an amazing thing. I'm not trying to give anyone any ideas here. lol That won't work with everybody either. But seriously if it is an issue with you then maybe you should just talk about it and let them know how you feel.

Tiger
Tiger
Do you have any tips for me? It has been 3 years and I am still struggling with me. And by this I mean, knowing how to have a "healthy" balance. 16 years, that means something is working. How long did you date before you guys moved in together if you dont' mind my asking? It was 2 years for me.

Originally Posted By: Lisa LowCarb / VideoGames
I think ranking humans is inherently difficult. Is child one somehow more important than child two? Really, they are important in different ways. If you do not have kids, try ranking pets. Hopefully it presents the same challenge. Yes my boyfriend is important but I have only been with him 16 years. My sister has relied on me for 40.

Tiger
Tiger
Jilly, I am so sorry.

Are you guys sure this is the what you both want?

Originally Posted By: Jilly
Oops. I have now dropped down below the sister in terms of importance.

We are actually not going to be married much longer. We are in the course of deciding who will take what.

C
Parakeet
Parakeet
C
I was never first in my husband's life, nor were our 5 children. His job was #1; he was a prof. at Notre Dame, and I always felt that ND was the "other woman" in our marriage. I was a distant second and the kids hardly seemed to matter at all. Notre Dame finally won out, and I left him 30+ years ago.
We are still friends though, and to my amazement he told me the other day, out of the blue, that his biggest regret is that he didn't involve himself more with the kids when they were growing up. I often thought that he missed out on so much by spending every minute possible at ND; that he finally realizes it after all these years is so sad.

BellaOnline Editor
BellaOnline Editor
Dear Jilly -

It shows how we are all fascinating, different types of people! I could not rank my pets. They are both fully loved and of equal value in my mind. So that is just a different mindset.

Lisa Shea, Low Carb and Video Games Editor
Low Carb Forum
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Lisa, I automatically rank everything that comes into my domain. I don't know why - never thought about that before. And yes, this means everything, including you. smile

Maybe it's an Aspergers, or a compulsive thing. I find it comforting to rank everything.

Angela, let me re-read over your posts and give you my thoughts.

Last edited by Jilly; 12/22/11 09:05 PM.
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
Jilly,

Have you considered Alimony? I'm not talking about wiping someone out, but just the basics, like rent payments, even just $100-$200/mnth, so you at least have food or income say something goes wrong w/a car or roof over your head of wherever it is you're living.

If he was the sole income-provider, you may be able to work something out while you're getting on your feet, like 1-2 yrs. car/house payments.

If there's any type of debt, usually, they have people split it (if it's amicable 50/50).

Some sides chose to act as the bigger person by saying, "I don't want anything...take it all, I'll even take over any outstanding deb." to avoid financial responsibility over the long-haul. Whatever they "gift" you can be presented as income though, keep that in mind.

All of this is stuff I never would ever have thought about (I'm not material by a long shot!) if I hadn't gone through some of this myself.

I was putzing along going "Wow...what a nice gesture." On his part, the actions were simply to keep me calm, distracted & uninformed.

The goal was getting an end set up to be detached from everything. He'd already been starting to. I just didn't know the scope of it.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
Tiger
Tiger
Take your time Jilly, you are going through a lot right now.

I totally understand, believe me.

Hugs,
Angela

Originally Posted By: Jilly
Lisa, I automatically rank everything that comes into my domain. I don't know why - never thought about that before. And yes, this means everything, including you. smile

Maybe it's an Aspergers, or a compulsive thing. I find it comforting to rank everything.

Angela, let me re-read over your posts and give you my thoughts.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/25/24 09:21 AM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.