Print Thread
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
C
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
BellaOnline Editor
Renaissance Human
C
Around my house we call "feeding the wolf" by the name of "pressing the bruise."

A girl complained that she had fallen and bruised herself, and the bruise had not healed. Everyday she looked at the bruise, touched it, and pressed it over and over. The bruise would not heal.

What she needed to do was just to leave the bruise alone! Given just enough attention to make sure that there were no complications, the bruise healed.

Lori, thanks for the story about your quest with your daughter to keep joy alive in your lives. It made my day.

Connie Mistler Davidson-Editor-ADD/Sandwiches/Reading
Attention Deficit Disorder
Sandwiches
Reading
Avatar: Hope~Even when conditions are harsh, hope can bloom.

My EBook link.
Building School Success with ADD EBook Link

Sponsored Post Advertisement
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
What a cute picture of MJ & her "dog!" Love the quilts! You're very skilled, Connie! You sound like you're doing great! Love to hear that! smile

I tried the Flickr thing, but it didn't work. Don't know if something's wrong with my computer, or something's wrong with me! LOL! Still can't get a pic on here, but someday I'll have the time to work on it again!

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Re: "Outlaw Josey Wales" comment--If I had a "like" button here, I'd click it! I'm not big on westerns, so I haven't seen that movie, but I do love that comment. "Endeavor to persevere!" Good words to live by. smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Cuddly, welcome to our forum! And you're right--I probably should've mentioned that in my article, but I didn't think about the physical effects--was just focusing on the mental/emotional aspect of negative thinking. Good exercise is a great way to help us feel better physically, as well as mentally/emotionally.

Thanks for your input & visit us again soon! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Lori, Lori--my goodness!! If only we could bottle your optimism and sell it!! smile Bless your heart! What an awesome way to make lemonade out of lemons!! You are an inspiration to everyone you come into contact with, I'm sure.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your son, and your daughter's diagnosis. Most people in your shoes would just curl up in a ball and give up, but you're setting an example for all the rest of us by not only living life, but also relishing every beautiful moment! Thank you so much for sharing your story!

I know I can speak for the rest of us in wishing you and your daughter the best. And don't forget that miracles do happen! I just sent up a prayer for your daughter. Keep that joy alive, and as Connie says, persevere. Life is a wonderful gift, and we are not promised another second. We should all make the best of every moment.

Lori, thanks again for sharing with us. Please come back and share with us again soon!

Kitten

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Oh, yeah! And we'll try to always feed the happiness wolf! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Connie from ADD,

I can relate to pressing the bruise! Negative thinking is pressing the bruise, and I'm the queen of negative thinking! I'm working on it, and I have made progress, but old habits are very hard to break.

Your "pressing the bruise" reminded me of when I was little. It seems that I was always having a bike wreck, or some other mishap, and usually had scabs on my knees and elbows! LOL! I was fascinated by them, and just couldn't leave them alone. I was constantly picking at them, and probably kept them from healing by pulling off the scabs before they were ready to come off. They'd bleed and create another scab, which I would promply pull off. Another good way of describing negative thinking--pulling off the scab! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Koala
Koala
Kitten our computer has issues. We took it to the computer guy and now it has more issues! I am looking forward to getting a new one some day. Seems like every time I get some money ear marked something more pressing comes along! Maybe one day you will get a new computer and your issues will be gone. But then you will probably have new issues!

I love that movie the Outlaw Josie Wales. It is a great movie. I had thought about that quote, endeavor to persevere and considered having a tattoo saying that. No more new ink for me for a while though!

Rusty's gramma passed away last week and I was the lucky person that got the sewing room! Too bad that room didn't come along with it! We are cleaning out our spare bedroom downstairs (no one comes to see us anyway) and it will soon be a sewing room for me. My husband is so thoughtful. He said I needed my own area. I am so lucky to have him. My "sewing area" has been steadly decreasing with the arrival of MJ and Little Bill. I don't mind sharing though but since we brought all his gramma's stuff back to our house (last weekend we went to see my mom and his gramma lived on the way to my moms. Mom had surgery the week before and I hadn't seen her yet) my room is really a disaster! I only got the mess cleaned off a couple of days ago to access the computer. I understand how overwhelmed the hoarder people get! All of that stuff cramed in my little room was so depressing. At first it was depressing to go though all the boxes of stuff. Her house had a distinct smell and now my room has that smell and it is comforting, like she is here with me looking in all the boxes of stuff. I found a newspaper article from 1945 tucked in the sewing stuff. Rusty's grampa was one of the marines that stormed Iwo Jima. He had never talked about it and the article was about how he was wounded and how frightened he was, so frightened that he couldn't even pray. Both of his buddies were killed and he was stuck in a fox hole for a couple of days with a horrible wound. He suffered for the rest of his life because of that. It was the first action that he saw. We both cried when we read the article. I wondered if she left it in there for me to find. While I was looking through her stuff I was hoping one day someone would be just as excited as me to inherit my sewing room!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Okay, now I'm crying, Connie! LOL! So sorry about Gramma. And I hope your mom is okay. Wishing her a speedy recovery.

So glad to hear from you. I understand about computer issues. I keep telling myself that I need to take mine in. I keep thinking it must be sick because it keeps struggling, but I wonder if I've just put so much music and pictures on it that it just doesn't have enough memory to handle it. Don't know. I think I need a new one, too.

Good luck with getting your "hoarder room" cleaned up! LOL! I brought a lot of stuff home after Dad died, and eventually, I found homes for everything. Not easy in this little house! But you can do it! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Koala
Koala
His gramma went fast...it was very unexpected. After watching several loved ones linger I can truly say it was a blessing she didn't suffer long.

I started painting in the bedroom today. Had to stop because of a headache. I guess with these migranes I am finally listening and not just pushing on until I can't function! Hubby will call me and tell me when quitting time is so supper is on time. He will be surprised today lol! We are putting carpet in there too (say bye bye to new computer money!) and it will be so nice!

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/26/24 04:27 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/26/24 02:20 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/25/24 07:21 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.