Page 1 of 2 1 2
#651102 12/22/10 01:42 PM
Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
Highest Posting Power Known to Humanity
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Since I have been tackling my decor in here, I have been reconsidering how to use the cabinets. Poking around, I see that I have a TON of unused cabinets and drawers and shelves. When Dan took off I never really got around to re-filling his spaces.

I need some help on hos to organize these.

I have dan's three little bedside drawers and his bedside wardrobe.

Space under the bed.

Two cabinets over the bed.

One large living room cabinet

Two small bathroom drawer

Two large bathroom cabinets - one up high and one under the vanity sink.

A long drawer under the fridge

Another long drawer in the new side table I added in here yesterday

Several small cubby-type drawers in my desk area.

Two cabinets over the cab area that are awkward spaces but proximal while driving.

------------------------
Things I have to find homes for - clothes in general, dirty clothes, recycling bins, extra food, dishes, hats, scarves, a set of rainboots, books, maps, a food deydrator, jackets, socks, pots and pans, my wine-making tools, pet toys and pet treats, and more books.

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
That's a nice position to be in, having TONS of unused space! Fill em' all with Lush products! tee hee

I would definitely segment everything. Like, since you have so much space, you really don't need to put dishes in the bathroom closets and stuff. Keep all bathroom supplies, toiletries, cleaning products, towels and such in the bathroom where they belong. That long drawer under the fridge is perfect for all of your plastic wrap, tin foil, baggies, paper plates, stuff like that. Sounds like a great time to head to the store and get a ton of clear boxes to label and put everything in!

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
When I was setting up my park model, I bought a bunch of those rubber-coated wire shelf thingies (sorry, don't know what they're really called), and made sure to segment all the existing cabinets to maximize use of the space and keep things organized. I also bought one of those specialty under-the-bed plastic storage boxes from Lowe's or Home Depot. They're made to roll/slide under the bed easily and can open from either end. I stored all my linens in there, since that's not something you're grabbing all the time.

Another thing I find helpful is to get those within-drawer dividers. I like them, because you can pull the whole thing out at once and clean it out, and so the drawer doesn't tend to just collect random odds 'n ends over time.

--Maria

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Erin, those are good ideas. MORE LUSH STUFF! hehehe.

I already have a long drawer for my tin foil and plastic bags, so i don't need to put those under the fridge.

Maybe I can use that one for my extra kitchen towels. I have a lot of them, and a lot of washcloths. I don't use paper towels (to help the environment), so I have a lot of reuseable dishrags and cleaning rags. I never have enough room for them in the drawer to which I have assigned them.

Maybe I need to assign one of the bathroom cabinets for dirty laundry. I have been tossing my laundry in the shower, but that's not exactly attractive.

Hmmm, being creative.

I have a ton of books that I can put in cabinets, but really, one should not travel down the road with large amounts of heavy books. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Maria, that is pretty creative how you are setting up your park model. I like the idea of in drawer dividers.

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
So, today I pulled apart several drawers and cabinets, wiped them down, and moved things about.

I moved the tinfoil stuff under the fridge as Erin suggested, and used the drawer they were in before as a spice/vitamin drawer. I think that is what the intention is supposed to be for this drawer, so maybe it well help me actually use my spices more. smile

I separated my food into a breakfast cabinet and a dinner cabinet. That's a bit more convenient than having everything smushed up together.

Right now I am looking at putting my dishes/tupperware into a cabinet I just freed up over the sink.

The large cabinet under the stove will be where the crockpot, juicer and dehydrator will go. Since that cabinet is carpeted for some reason, I need to vaccuum out the space before putting anything into it.

So that is my kitchen stuff figured out. Still need to work on the books, clothes, bathroom cabinets, first aid stuff, things under the bed, linens and accessories.

A good day's work in any case. smile

Jilly Offline OP
BellaOnline Editor
OP Offline
BellaOnline Editor
Another note - Jeanne just helped me figure out what to do with the shallow long drawer by the door. I put leashes, pet toys and grooming items in there.

BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
That's a perfect location for the pet supplies. You have been rocking and rolling on the reorganization! Way to go!

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
BellaOnline Editor
Jellyfish
Oh, I also like the idea of drawer dividers. I just saw a commercial on a product that is drawer dividers. Bet we could just use cardboard too.

Erin Lehn Floresca
BellaOnline RV Editor
RV.BellaOnline.com
Gecko
Gecko

Reading the tread here - wow what a wonderful bunch of ideas to utilize and maximize storage space. smile

I just purchased my first RV this weekend! We had a HUGE RV show and I was able to snap up a nice pre-owned 16ft trailer for a very reasonable price. I will be looking forward to sharing RV stories and ideas with you all!

Proud Pagan
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RV Editor Erin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.