Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#620809 08/25/10 04:29 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Most likely...

But I just stumbled upon this new group called Carney through a KROQ locals only show and they jammed! You can definitely hear the zeppelin, hendrix, and beatles influence and can grab a free download through vevo right now - Love Me Chase Me - Carney
Let me know what you think of these guys

Last edited by Melanie E; 08/25/10 04:30 PM.
Sponsored Post Advertisement
C
C
I think rock is going through a bit of a resurgance at the moment as people have become fed up with manufactured pop pap. Theres some good new local bands arriving on the scene and with bands such as Airbourne and Taking Dawn starting to make their mark the future i think is looking good, saw both these bands a few months ago, great gigs.

Tiger
Tiger
Hi colin andrew, welcome to the BellaOnline Forum and glad to see you have started to post.

C
C
Thanks Angela Look forward to contributing.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted By: colin andrew
I think rock is going through a bit of a resurgance at the moment as people have become fed up with manufactured pop pap. Theres some good new local bands arriving on the scene and with bands such as Airbourne and Taking Dawn starting to make their mark the future i think is looking good, saw both these bands a few months ago, great gigs.

It just seems its harder to find quality bands which in turn makes it more exciting when you do

BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
BellaOnline Editor
Gecko
I don't think it will ever die as a music genre. It may decline in popularity and go through cycles, like jazz. It's too much a part of American culture to ever totally die.
Bands with a classic sound keep coming out once in awhile. It tends to be particularly refreshing to listeners after too much repetitive pop.

Lisa Linnell-Olsen
Knitting Website
Knitting Forum
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
BellaOnline Editor
Tiger
Some of my 13 year old son's favorite bands are Rush, Led Zep, and ACDC.

Naw, I don't think classic rock will ever die.

Deanna Joseph

Visit the New Age Site and Forums

What are your Soul Gifts? Discover your true nature and potential, and learn who you are on a Soul Level with a Soul Realignmentâ„¢ reading.

C
C
On our local station rock radio there was a competition where each week local rock bands were given airtime, the listeners then voted for their favorite band who then won a weeks airtime and studio time, there were a lot of good young local bands coming through mainly influenced by 70,s rock, listening to some of these up and coming bands theres definately a future for the genre.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
Punk rock isn't dead- it just smells like it

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
V
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
BellaOnline Editor
Wolf
V
I believe rock and roll as we knew it from our youths is dead. From the ACDC to Zeppelin and everything in between is gone and only lives on in our album and cd collections and the classic rock stations that we have.

What they call rock today is just not the same.

There will never be another RUSH, ACDC, Neil Young, Crosby, Stills and Nash Beatles, etc...

In my opinion anyway.

Last edited by Sir Vance-A-Lot; 02/08/11 02:37 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Make It Sew Easier
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 03/27/24 04:34 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/27/24 01:31 PM
Planner Template Kit - Weekly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:39 PM
Planner Template Kit - Yearly Layout Template
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:37 PM
How to Use Digital Planner Template Kit
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:36 PM
Review - 20 Illustrator Color tips Helen Bradley
by Digital Art and Animation - 03/26/24 07:32 PM
March Equinox to June Solstice
by Mona - Astronomy - 03/26/24 12:27 PM
Hobotrader unleashes never seen opportunity with i
by Jamal molla - 03/26/24 11:55 AM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 03/25/24 09:05 AM
Genealogy, Sort of
by Angie - 03/24/24 05:39 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.