logo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
If you wanted to get rich, how would you do it?

Sponsored Post Advertisement
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
First define "Rich"!

So many people these days who are rich in cash and assets are time poor. Those who are time rich are cash poor. Many who appear to make lots of money spend right up to, and frequently beyond, their income and may well be doing something they hate. Are these people truly rich?

Having got the philosophising out of the way, I'd do something I really enjoyed as a job or business and use my mind to make my way rather than repair it. Concentrating particularly on the finances and managing as many of the variables as possible.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
BellaOnline Editor
Elephant
So well put. You are as rich as you are in your own Soul. That's it. Its' not fancy but it's factual wink

You are exactly right. Many people who do have lots of money are absolutely miserable and do spend beyond their limit. They spend beyond their limit

A) because they have to keep up appearances.

B) they are absolutely lonely in the circle of people they have centered themselves with.

So all the money they did make, a great deal of it is spent combating those two things and a 3rd or 4th I guess even is boredom and/or needing attention for a "fix" as the initial buzz begins to fade away, they get older, attention spans of people are'nt what they used to be. You're paying for the stage.

If you do what you're naturally good at and feel driven by, you can't help but be rich in all three areas that stand the tests of time, mind body and spirit.

Karen Elleise
Clairvoyance Editor
Clairvoyance Site
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
A lot of people also seek solace in wealth as a compensation for bad experience or a personality issue. Particularly if they have had a poverty-stricken childhood. If these issues are not dealt with at some point it can lead to a meltdown which is only made worse by large amounts of money.

Ian - Pagan Editor

"We can never obtain peace in the outer world until we make peace with ourselves."

"With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world. "

Dalai Lama
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Love all the posts above - thank you for responding smile

And yes, I AGREE "rich" means different things to different people.

BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
BellaOnline Editor
Chipmunk
On of the wealthiest people I knew was a friend of mine who ran a Pagan shop. I covered it in depth in my book on wealth magick, it's an interesting story but the short version goes like this:
She started off small, doing Tarot readings in a booth in a shopping centre which had just enough room to sell a few items such as candles and jewellery. As business prospered she expanded with a display cabinet down the side of her booth. She declined to sell to the comic dealer next door as she was waiting for a space to open closer to the only cafe'. When this happened she had much more room so expanded her stock. She had also acquired quire a few friends (including me) to help run it serving customers in return for free tea and interesting conversation meaning she could still do readings. She also expanded out into one of the first places to offer computerised Astrology charts and interpretations and also branched out into Tarot counselling
She had a symbiotic relationship with the nearby Cafe as people used to wait there for their readings and get tea and snacks. This meant that she, and all of us that worked there had 'mates rates' on snacks and tea too. She also taught some Tarot classes in the evening at a hired set of rooms. Business boomed and the shop developed an excellent reputation. She also refused any offers of bigger premises because of structural issues with them and it would mean moving away from the cafe and nearby stairs.
The shop lasted for about seven years before the centre had to close down due to aforementioned structural issues. She went on to study fine art at University, taught at night classes and later at our local univeristy. Now she is retired and lives partly travelling around France and the rest of the time in England.

Ian - Pagan Editor

Dalai Lama
Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Thanks for the post Ian - you just hit on a subject which I am so into. Bartering. In fact my blog is asking for people to share their BARTERING stories. I firmly believe in this "system" even when there is no recession.

Thanks for taking the time to share smile

Last edited by Phenix City; 11/19/10 08:32 AM.
Elephant
Elephant
I would have to agree with everybody here that rich is a state of mind but it is nice to have enough money to do what makes you happy.

I think I spent most of my 20's asking the same question you ask here and doing things just for the sake of making money vs. doing what made me happy. I did well financially but as Ian and Eleise said I was pretty unhappy.

Then I went the opposite route and figured I would just be completely poor for a while and not care about money. That didn't work either so I started asking that same question again but was really getting nowhere so I stopped asking that question and started asking better questions: What would make me happy? How do I want to live my life? What do I want my days to be like from the minute I wake up to the minute I go to sleep?

When I answered these questions I realized my answers had nothing to do with being rich and because I was honest about what I wanted and what would make me happy my mind found a way to finally start making those things happen so now I have the life I want and I also make an income that's in line with how I want to live my life.

I ran across this free ebook a while back on how to make a 6 figure income as a personal trainer and the formula is fantastic but the things you have to do to make it were not for me so I figured out my own way and even though I'm not a 6 figure trainer as they like to say, I feel like I make more than those people simply because I have more freedom in my life and I value that a lot.

I think you really have to know what you want and then things just start to fall into place.

Last edited by ExerciseEditor; 11/19/10 03:40 PM.

Monica Neave ISSA Certified Fitness Therapist

Get Your Best Female Figure with the most overlooked workout strategy.

Burn more fat with Fatloss Workouts that work!

Tiger
OP Offline
Tiger
Hi Monica, well said.

Sounds like you are living YOUR life YOUR way - way to go!!!! smile

W
W
Wow! I just found this forum and the topics are very interesting topics. I choose this topic to reply to because I am one that not only like riches but also a women of creating wealth. What I mean by that is helping others to gain wealth through knowledge.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Brandi - Abundance 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 05/03/24 09:25 AM
Moisturizing Winter Skin the Right Way
by gigi333 - 05/03/24 01:58 AM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 05/01/24 04:43 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 05/01/24 01:09 PM
Springtime Sewing Projects
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 05/01/24 10:57 AM
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/28/24 05:54 PM
Review of Boost Your Online Brand: Make Creative A
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/25/24 07:04 PM
Mother's Day Gift Ideas to Sew
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/24/24 06:08 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.