Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Wow! Angela & Connie, it seems I've missed out on a good conversation! LOL!

Well, my sweet husband, Kelley, (whom I hadn't seen in 2 months) was here for 5 days during the Thanksgiving holiday, so I had some intimacy going on myself! smile When we see each other, we have a lot of time to make up for!

Angela, you're right--you never know how much time you'll have with the one you love AND sometimes if you're not in the mood, if you'll just go with it, you'll be glad you did!

There's nothing wrong with taking time off if you feel you need it, but if it's not mutual, it's a good idea to let your "sweetie" know it's not because he's in trouble. smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Sponsored Post Advertisement
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
sounds like most people on this thread are dealing with sadness or anger which really can affect intimacy. Counseling is great for this.

But if you are having intimacy and depression issues without the emotional stuff, and especially if your are menapausal or near coming to menapause get your testosterone levels checked. A little boost in testosterone can alleviate some kinds of depression as well as get you into the "hoT hOT HOT" mode again.

Arrow Durfee
Stomach Issues
Stomach Issues Forum

"and in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make" John Lennon

K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
More good advice, Arrow. smile Thanks for your posts!

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

The measure to which we judge others is the measure to which God will judge us. Be kind & understanding always. : )
Koala
Koala
My mom thinks I am going through menopause because I have been having migrane headaches for 2 weeks now. So I am off to the dr today and thanks Arrow, I will ask him about checking my levels. When I was 28 I have a uterine ablasion and for years after that I spotted a couple of days and that was it. I haven't spotted in a couple of years now so I guess I really don't think about not having a period. I have always had migranes at least a couple of times a month.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
Tiger
Tiger
Conniem, have you visited the menopause forum?

I did, but could never get a respo9nse to my posts (lol).

So I am figuring stuff out as I go.

Let us know what the doctors say - Tks smile

Koala
Koala
I looked up symptoms of menopause and I don't have any other symptoms. The dr was sick so the nurse gave me some samples to take and told me to take a pill and lay down in a cool dark room for an hour and if I still have it to take another pill. Geez, if I laid down every time I had a migrane I would be in bed most of the day! Unfortunately life does keep on going! They are going to refer me to a neurologist but it may be late January before I can get in. And I have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to go to one.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.
~anonymous~
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Wow! Driving 2 1/2 hours is enough to give you a headache! That sux! I know that magnesium helps with other headaches, but I don't know if it affects migraines. It's worth a try, tho'. Kelley has bouts with cluster headaches, which are very severe, too. Sometimes he throws up when he has one. I have only had one severe headache, and I won't ever forget it! I thought my head would explode! I feel for you, Connie.

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Tiger
Tiger
Conniem, I get migraines when I ALLOW people to stress me out and with the boss I have right now - it has been a challenge. I cannot afford to be in the bed either (LOL). I hope they get you some help SOON!!!!

Originally Posted By: conniem
I looked up symptoms of menopause and I don't have any other symptoms. The dr was sick so the nurse gave me some samples to take and told me to take a pill and lay down in a cool dark room for an hour and if I still have it to take another pill. Geez, if I laid down every time I had a migrane I would be in bed most of the day! Unfortunately life does keep on going! They are going to refer me to a neurologist but it may be late January before I can get in. And I have to drive 2 1/2 hrs to go to one.

Tiger
Tiger
Kitten, I am like Kelley and my stomach - get sick to my stomach and if I could throw up I would feel better. But no, just have that feeling of wanting to. Yuk! Thank goodness I don't get cluster ones. What causes his? And what caused your's?

Originally Posted By: Kitten - Depression
Wow! Driving 2 1/2 hours is enough to give you a headache! That sux! I know that magnesium helps with other headaches, but I don't know if it affects migraines. It's worth a try, tho'. Kelley has bouts with cluster headaches, which are very severe, too. Sometimes he throws up when he has one. I have only had one severe headache, and I won't ever forget it! I thought my head would explode! I feel for you, Connie.

Last edited by Angela J. Shirley; 12/02/10 10:31 PM.
K
Gecko
OP Offline
Gecko
K
Most of the time Kelley's are stress-related, but sometimes he gets one seemingly out of the blue. As for mine, I think it was stress-related, too. It was when I was still with my abusive 1st husband. I had left him and was living with my parents for a while, and had to deal with my brother and my dad, which was another ton of stress. Kinda makes me feel sick just thinking about that time in my life. I'd love to be young again, but if I had to live through all the abuse again, I'd much rather stay right where I am!

Poor Connie! Hope you're feeling better! smile

Kitten Kristine Jackson
DEPRESSION

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Rayna - Depression Editor 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Brand New Posts
Astro Women - Birthdays
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:37 PM
2024 - on this day in the past ...
by Mona - Astronomy - 04/24/24 03:33 PM
Check Out My New Website Selective Focus
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/24/24 01:47 PM
Psalm for the day
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:45 PM
Inspiration Quote
by Angie - 04/23/24 04:43 PM
Sew a Garden Flag
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/17/24 01:24 PM
Review - Notion for Pattern Designers: Plan, Organ
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:35 AM
Review - Create a Portfolio with Adobe Indesign
by Digital Art and Animation - 04/17/24 12:32 AM
Useful Sewing Tips
by Cheryl - Sewing Editor - 04/10/24 04:55 PM
"Leave Me Alone" New Greta Garbo Documentary
by Angela - Drama Movies - 04/09/24 07:07 PM
Sponsor
Safety
We take forum safety very seriously here at BellaOnline. Please be sure to read through our Forum Guidelines. Let us know if you have any questions or comments!
Privacy
This forum uses cookies to ensure smooth navigation from page to page of a thread. If you choose to register and provide your email, that email is solely used to get your password to you and updates on any topics you choose to watch. Nothing else. Ask with any questions!

| About BellaOnline | Privacy Policy | Advertising | Become an Editor |
Website copyright © 2022 Minerva WebWorks LLC. All rights reserved.